Revish

I am alone in my room sitting in front of my vanity mirror looking at myself. I look at my eyes which they've "perfected", I look at my lips which shine from the sweet smelling oils they lined them with, I look at my cheeks which they've dusted with a pink color. I look at my hair which they've curled and brushed out, pinning one side back with a diamond filled broach, I look at my gown a Champagne color with a sleek design. It was extremely low cut in the front and back with a slit up the side, it was tight and uncomfortable. I'm not sure I could even eat with it on but the maids assured me it was what everyone wears to dinner. No wonder these mages are so thin and frail. My eyes make it to the stone around my neck, there always seems to be a constant flame in the center every time I gaze at it. I take it off my neck and it sparks orange with bits of mana. I kiss it, a habit I have picked up from somewhere unknown. Suddenly I hear the flapping of wings behind me. I quickly turn to see a large raven sitting in the window sill smiling at me.

"And here I thought you were a dream." I whisper. To my surprise it talks back to me.

It cackles and transforms into a bird like humanoid before my eyes.

"I am a dream, you are dreaming Brianna. I have come to warn you."

"Warn me?" I stand and walk over to him.

"My name is Revish, I was the keeper of that stone for some time...the stone you have is very rare and powerful. It was taken from the heart of a dragon across the seas and is the most powerful stone in the world. I have come with a warning, there is evil in the castle and things aren't what they seem to be! You must keep the stone safe, if it falls into the wrong hands it could destroy everything in its path. There is a spell in your book, although never casted, that will combine that stone to you taking it within yourself. You must successfully cast that before it is taken from you, do not trust the ones around you, not everyone has good intentions."

"Who wants the stone Revish?"

"That I do not know, all I know is that there is an evil presence here and you must protect yourself and the stone!" He says.

"I don't even know how to use the book! How am I supposed to do this?" I start to cry.

He sighs at me. "Stop drawing mana from the earth directly! Use the stone! It is the purest source of mana and will never leave you with shock or sickness. I'm surprised you haven't done this already. It is also the best source of control over your beasts."

"Beasts?"

"Yes, you are capable of summoning the most powerful legendary beasts of all time. That is why the stone came into your hands. As for your blood line, this is your realm, you are meant to rule it as the strongest mage living, take it back and become what you really are!" He flicks his eyes and tilts his head at me then caws and I watch as his arms turn into black wings and he transforms back into a raven.
"Until we meet again my queen." He caws and flies out the window.

My eyes snap open to a knock on the door.

"Brianna are you ready?"

It's Roan.
"Umm...Yes, come in!"

He comes into the room and my jaw drops, he is dressed up in a formal knights suit, he has his hair perfectly spiked up and smells like oranges, jasmine, and bergamot. All I wanted to do was stay in my room with him for the rest of the night slowly taking off his clothes piece by piece.

"Roan you look so handsome." I say. He smiles and kisses me. Although his lips taste different this time, as I think about the dream I just had. I'm becoming more paranoid, Roan seems to pick up on this.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." I give him a comforting smile. "Let's get going I'm starving!"

He pauses to look at me for a minute trying to read my expression.

"Alright." He says and holds out a hand to me like he always does.

We walk the hallways silent as I replay what just happened. I let go of Roans hand and clutch my stone nervously.

"Brianna what's wrong? I can tell you're nervous about something."

I stop walking and lean over the side of the stone railing looking out over the city streets. He comes beside me and rests his arm over the side looking directly at me.

"What do you know about this stone?" I ask.

"What stone?"

"This one!" I hold up my necklace as he watches me, he reaches for it and holds it in his hands examining it...too closely. I take it from him and step back. He looks at me confused.

"I don't know much about it, why?." He steps forward and I step back again holding it close. His brows furrow. "You think I want to take it from you?"

I pause staring at him. Scared to death.
"...yes..." I whisper. He takes another step forward.

"Stay there Roan." I put my hand up tightening my grip on the stone drawing mana.

"Brianna, please listen to me, I would never ever take that from you, or anything!. That is yours to keep and I want nothing from it. What I know of it, is that it is a strong source of power as it holds a void at your chest from what I can see. I don't know exactly where it came from or what you should do with it, but I assure you it is yours and I want nothing to do with it. That stone is more of a burden than your book and only you can carry it. Please believe me."

My paranoia seems to fade as I hear him.
"I'm sorry Roan, there's something here in the castle, something bad, I'm scared." I let go of the stone and hold myself as if there was a chill in the air.

He comes to me holding my arms.
"I feel something too, why do you think I keep such a close eye on you." He wraps his arms around me tightly. "I will protect you..if you let me." He whispers.

"I know."

We are suddenly interrupted.

"Roan and Brianna, you are wanted in the dining hall. Please be quick, dinner has almost begun." Theodore says.

"We will be right there Theodore." Roan answers. He looks at me again. "Are you ok?"

"Yes I will be fine. Just stay close to me."

"Always." We share a long kiss before heading to the dining hall.