Ruler of Dragons

I'm falling through a celestial sky. Falling slowly as if my feet are bound by ball and chain, pulling me down through water I cannot see or feel. Colors of violet whites and deep blues dust the sky around me, with little flecks of crystal whites scattered throughout. Stars stream by me as I fall through a milky way of sparkling clouds.

I approach the earth, looking down at the shimmering black rock below me. I float downwards towards it and land softly, toes first. I look around, I am definitely not on the ship anymore. I don't believe I am even on earth anymore. This world is dark with a mystical beauty.

Black earth that shimmers millions of prismatic colors. White foliage that glows in a bright light and gigantic trees that towered over me spilling their white and pink leaves over the landscape. There is a rocky valley in the distance ahead, with towering black bluffs and cliffs on the left and right. In the middle, the very center of the cliffs, was a black mountain, it spiraled upwards into the celestial sky like the horn of a ram. Around it, water, but not your conventional blue water, it was a deep emerald green with sparks of bioluminescence floating into the air.

"Ruler of Dragons." A whisper calls to me. It echoes across the valley sending small breezes into the glowing trees above. I walk, towards my calling, not knowing who or what it could be. But I know where it comes from, the black horn in the center of the extraterrestrial landscape.

As I walk I feel weightless, like I was as light as a feather. I brush my hand along white shrubs, they tickle my fingertips, sending small bursts of mana through me. This entire place was full of power, all different kinds. It holds its own mana draw in the center and it pulses through my body with each step I take.

"Come to me." The voice echoes. The trees shake and leaves float down around me. I catch one in my hand and examine it. It surges with power through its stem and veins illuminating it's lamina. I let it go as I continue to walk towards the echo, it floats up above me and disappears into the star filled sky.

I move along the blackened pathway, down to the water.  As I approach, I see a man standing beside the waters edge. His back is turned to me, he is looking out over the landscape. He wears black knights armor with a long black cape. He has black silky iridescent hair that flows over his shoulders to his mid waist. He holds one hand on his hip and the other on his sword sheathed to his side. He was magnificent, with a strong build, broad shoulders, and a noble posture.

"Who...who are you?" I ask, my voice echoing through the valley.

He turns towards me, as familiar mystical eyes draw a line down my body and back up. A handsome smile tugs his cheeks causing me to gasp out loud.

He chuckles.

"Revish? You look...!"

"Yes, welcome Lady Brianna, this is my true form, I have served Lady Caren as her knight for many years." He opens his arms to me. I leap into his embrace holding him tightly. He warms me with his touch stroking my hair and runs his hands down the bare skin of my back to my hips bones. He pulls away looking into my eyes.

"You have come so far." He whispers and pats my head.

"Where am I?" I ask.

He drops his arms and looks back to the rock tower behind him.

"You are in the alternate universe, where legends and creatures of magic go when they pass, you are here to meet the possessor of that stone." He covers the stone in my chest with his hand.

I hold my hand over his. "The stone...it's destroying me...Am I going to die Revish?" I ask, fearfully.

He smiles. "I can't answer that. I'm sorry." He takes my hand. "Come, all of your questions will be answered soon, but we don't have much time."

He pulls on my hand leading us into the water. But instead of sloshing through it, he waves his free hand over it, the water crystalizes into a pathway for us to walk on. He steps up onto it and looks back at me. I hesitate, looking down at the water then back up at him. He nods reassuring me, and I step up onto the platform. It vibrates with color as I place my foot onto it. He takes my hand again leading me across the water towards the rock tower.

--------------------------

Revish leads me to the front of the black rock tower. It was much larger than it looked, at least ten times bigger than the castle of Khaleda. It was round with large curves that spiral up to the very top. Each rock was evenly placed, and shimmered with tiny specks of rainbow colors in the moonlight.

Before us is an opening, a cave-like formation that could house it's own valley inside. I have never seen such a large structure before. I hesitate to enter, stopping us outside. There was no light inside, only darkness. Although I did not feel fear, I did feel anxious and uncertain of what could lie beyond in the black veil.

"Brianna, please don't be afraid. There is nothing in this world that would harm you, you are one of us now, but time is running out and you must go back soon." He takes a step towards me, his eyes searching mine.
"Revish ...I...don't want to go back! I want to stay here with you, with no worries or cares."

He shakes his head.
"Don't say such things Brianna, the entire world is counting on you, you have been chosen to bear the stone! You must fulfill the prophecy."

Prophecy? I think to myself. I haven't heard of any prophecy like this before.

"I take his hand nervously, as he leads me into the darkness beyond.