Allery's Conviction

"Allery Vale, the palace treasurer, you have been stripped of your duties, and will remain in this cell until the city decides what they want to do with you."

He sits on the stone floor of his cell chuckling to himself.
"The city? What a foolish queen you are! Letting common folk take control over such a matter." He replies and spits onto the floor just before my feet. " You are no queen, you are just a farmhand playing dress up."

I smile at him. "Well this farmhand has conquered a realm and summoned a dragon. I haven't met anyone one else who has done that before."

Vance smirks.

Allery tsks at me. "So naive. It will all fall apart sooner or later and you will be left with nothing but a broken crown. "

I roll my eyes, seeing as this conversation is getting us nowhere, I decide to start the interrogation.

"As much as I love bickering with you Allery, I don't have the time. So if you don't mind answering a few questions for me, and I may feed you before I let you go into the crowds."

He grins slyly and waves his hand for me to proceed. I look to Vance who is gripping his weapon ready to use it the moment I give him permission. Everyone else is in a similar state, we had all gathered here for answers and aren't going anywhere until we get them.

"What are you? I can tell you are no common mage, or sage." I cross my arms waiting for his response.

"I am what they call a necromancer. Do you know what that means little girl?"

I wave my hand for him to explain, I have never heard of a necromancer before.

He cackles. "Just like you I am a summoner. But I summon the dead turning them into the undead, I speak to them and they speak to me, and they feed me power."

"So when you die, the queen will be without a valuable servant it would seem... Perfect." I smile.

"No...no.." he shakes his head, then he begins to clear the dirt from his nail beds, casually buffing them on his sleeve. "You see, my soul belongs to Thanatos and the underworld, I cannot die. I will rise after death, just like the frozen army the queen has summoned. We will see each other once more, but next time I will be in a stronger form, and I will take that innocence of yours and kill you...or the other way around."

I shudder at the thought of that demon Mogan, what he did to me and what Allery has planned for me. Sick bastards.

"You won't be getting anywhere near her!." Kit snaps, puffing his chest as he steps forward only to be stopped by Vance's arm and a  troubled look.

He backs off slowly glaring at Allery.

"Ahhh yes, Kit Mercer, didn't we have some fun together...of course you would be the one to defend Brianna first..." he cackles again smiling with delight over the situation.

My breath hitches, and heart pounds as I beg subconsciously for him not to mention anything Kit and I had done together. Vance looks at Kit, who seems calm but his eyes are avoiding mine, then looks back at me with slight suspicion. Does Kit remember everything? He said he didn't...I let my breath out and quickly change the subject.

"Where is Thanatos now!?" I shout clinging to the bars of his cell.

"He has found a new host and will be in full power soon. With an army of the dead and living behind him and you have only conquered one realm. You are way behind Brianna." He replies chewing on a nail bed.

I laugh, knowing they don't have any idea what our plans are for the next dragon we will summon and how we control all of the realms on this side of the sea...well almost.