Stop With The Blame Game (Mild Mature Content)

Start from the beginning

            Derek knows that it is his fault, he is the one that called Stiles useless and snapped at him to the point of him leaving the pack. Derek has never experienced the loss of losing a pack member that leaves the pack willingly. He finds that it feels almost the same as the death of his family, and he hates it.

            Derek finds himself almost hating Stiles, but he hates himself more.

            His pups are moping around the house looking out the window every so often as if they expect to see Stiles drive his familiar Jeep into the driveway. Erica is ignoring him as if he knows that Derek is the reason for Stiles absents. Derek never really realized how big of a part that Stiles played in their lives until he is gone.

            Derek is pacing around the house in his room uneasy when Scott rushes into the house causing Derek to jumps in surprise. Scott is hoping excitedly on his tip toes while looking around excitedly until he sees Derek. “Dude! I know where Stiles is!” Scott says, and Derek feels his eyes widen.

            “Where?” Derek demands, and he can hear the pups pushing at each other to listen at the door where Derek and Scott are.

            “Washington. I got it from John.” Scott says, and he reaches into his pocket to pull out a piece of paper that he hands to Derek. Derek reads an address off of the crumbled piece of paper before grabbing his jacket.

            “Watch the betas while I’m gone.” Derek says, and Scott nods. Scott gives him a look that clearly says don’t come back without Stiles, and Derek nods his head in agreement. Derek grabs his keys before slamming the door behind him as he makes his way to his Camaro.

****

            The small town that Stiles has apparently taken resident in reeks of another pack, and Derek wrinkles his nose in disgust the second he smells it. He hopes that the pack here has left Stiles alone, but in the back of mind he knows that Stiles has most likely gotten himself involved in something with this pack. Derek pulls his car to the side of the road when the scent of other wolves becomes almost overwhelming to his nose.

            Derek follows the scent until he finds a pack of wolves gallivanting around in the woods where no one can see them, and Derek snarls at them until one of them runs off presumably to get their Alpha. Derek waits until he sees a man around his age walking towards him, and he flashes his eyes red just like Derek does to him. The other betas keep a close eye on Derek as if to make sure he doesn’t get to close.

            “What brings a lonely Alpha to my neck of the woods?” He says, and Derek has to bite back a growl at him.

            “Derek?” Derek hears, and he turns to see Stiles. He hasn’t seen the younger man in almost a month, and he looks so tired. Derek can see bags under his eyes, and he looks considerably thinner. Derek growls threatening at the other Alpha at the site of one of his betas looking like that.

            “I’ve come to take back one of my betas.” Derek snarls, and Stiles looks at him in surprise. The other Alpha laughs before taking a step closer.

            “I don’t think so. See, I like pretty things and he is a really pretty thing.” The alpha says, and he brushes his hand across Stiles’ cheek which makes the human flinch. Derek feels his hackles rises, and he growls low in his throat at the other Alpha.

            “Mine.” Derek growls, and the other Alpha turns his eyes red before pulls Stiles closer to his body. Stiles looks unsure of what is happening, and he nervously looks from Derek to the other Alpha.