Peter Parker x Reader

Up next: Eddie Brock x Reader

Later: Steve Rogers x Reader

WARNING: This Peter Parker x Reader contains an insecure reader. A reader who struggles with accepting her body and if she is really beautiful. If this is too much for you, don't read. I'm pretty sure we've all had this moment before.

   Y/N'S POV

  What was Peter thinking being best friends with someone like me? Every time I went to the gym, I just wasn't losing weight fast enough. I knew it was wrong of me comparing myself to other women, but no one ever asked me to be their girlfriend or hang out with them. Maybe it was for a reason.
  I looked at myself in the mirror and pulled on my dress. I bought it a couple of weeks ago from the store, but it still didn't fit right. I tore the dress up in frustration and threw it inside the trashcan.

  I fell onto the bed and broke down.

  I was never going to be enough. Never.

  My phone went off, and I looked to see it was Peter calling me. I threw my phone into the wall and watched it break.
  I knew that meant I no longer had a phone, but I didn't even care. I climbed out of my window and jumped down to the ground.

  I ran to the one place I went to when I was upset. I ordered myself a ton of ice cream and then tried to eat all of it. Even a waiter tried to get me to stop, but I didn't want to. When I finally couldn't take anymore, I just went for a walk. I almost fell when Spider-Man appeared in front of me. He was hanging upside down. I couldn't see Peter's face, but I knew he was staring at me.

  I said,"What is it, Parker? You're interrupting my walk."

  He said,"Y/N, you shouldn't be walking alone at this time of night. Especially not this street."

  I stood my ground as Spider-Man tried to pull me away.

  He said,"Y/N, please don't be stubborn right now. I need to get you out of here."

  I still didn't budge, and Spider-Man said,"Y/N, what is it?"

  Before I could say something to him, I threw up all the ice cream I stuffed down my throat. Spider-Man quickly jumped back and could tell it was ice cream that I just had.
  I wiped my mouth and tried to make a run for it, but Spider-Man swung us to one of the tallest buildings around. We just happened to be hanging thousands of feet above the ground and in front of a glass window.

  Peter took off his mask and said,"You're not going anywhere. Tell me what you see, Y/N."

  I looked at the window and saw myself. Something I hated seeing.

  I closed my eyes and said,"I...I see a woman who no one wants and who's too big."

  Peter held me tighter and replied,"Y/N, neither one of those things are true. Someone out there wants you, and you're not too big. You're curvy, and that's okay. That's beautiful. You're beautiful."

  I kept shaking my head, and Peter then said,"If someone wants me, how come no one has ever said anything to me? How do you know that, Peter? You're just trying to be nice to me."

  Peter looked at me through the glass and said,"Maybe he didn't know how to tell you. He was afraid of telling you how he felt. Y/N, I want to be with you. You're beautiful. Don't body shame yourself. You're unique. Own it."

  I looked back at the glass window, and Peter wiped my tears.

  I said,"I...I'm beautiful. I...I'm- Peter, I can't do it."

  I buried my face in his neck, and he said,"Yes, you can. Just say it a few more times, Y/N."

  I said,"I'm beautiful. I'm beautiful. I...I'm beautiful. I'm beautiful."

  Peter smiled and said,"Yes, you are, Y/N. You are very beautiful."

  Peter kissed my cheek twice, and then he took me home.

  He said,"Maybe we can get someone to help you. I can't be the only one you talk to about how you feel about yourself, okay?"

  "Okay. Peter, you'll come see me tomorrow?"

  "Yes. Spider-Man will come see you tomorrow."