Erik Lehnsherr x Reader

Up next: Peter Parker x Reader

Later: Eddie Brock x Reader

Hey, everyone. I made this Erik Lehnsherr x Reader in order to bring attention to people that couldn't afford the best education or received very little education throughout their life. In this one, the reader does not know how to read certain words or phrases, and the tone is very serious. It's not to come across as a joke at all. Just had to put that out there.

   Y/N'S POV

  As I sat on the bed, I had trouble reading the books that Jean let me borrow from her. Because I couldn't afford to go to a very good school and my parents couldn't afford it growing up, I was very behind on things like reading comprehension.
  It felt almost embarrassing, but I was determined to learn everything to the best of my ability. I had amazing communication skills, but that was mainly it. Storm, Scott, The Professor, and even Jean had been doing their best to teach me how to read.

  My boyfriend, Erik, walked into my bedroom and said,"Evening, darling. How's it going today?"

  I sighed and replied,"Terrible, Erik. I can't pronounce most of these words, and it's supposed to be easy."

  Erik sat down behind me and said,"May I see the book?"

  I handed him the book I was currently reading.

  Erik asked me,"Do you have any paper?"

  I nodded and handed him my notebook. Erik tore out a couple of pages, and then he began to write different words on them. He kept glancing between the book and back at my notebook.
  When he finished writing, he read the words to himself and then set one sheet in front of me.

  He said,"Do you know what these words are? I'm only trying to make this better for you. I know this frustrates you. Do you know these words?"

  There were six words in front of me, and I was able to recognize all of them.

  I nodded and looked up at Erik saying,"I recognize all of them. This one is "I." This one "you." This "love." These two are "and" and "always." This one for...for. Wait. I don't know that one. I'm sorry, Erik. I thought I recognized that one."

  Erik squeezed my shoulders and replied,"It's okay, Y/N. I'm not mad at you. This one is forever. Now, read it a few times to yourself."

  I read the word a few times, and then Erik just smiled at me. When I felt like I could do it on my own, Erik kept giving me more sentences to read with the word "forever" in it.
  I stumbled many times, but Erik just had me read it over and over again. Then, Erik put the original six words back in front of us. However, he changed the order.

  He said,"Read it to me. If you need to sound any of these words out on your own, just take your time. It's okay."

  I said it softly to myself a couple of times until I felt confident.

  Then, I read it out loud,"I...love...you...for...forever...and...always."

  Erik asked me,"Do you know what that sentence means, Y/N?"

  I shook my head, and Erik made me look at him as he said,"It means that no matter what you think of yourself, I will always think very highly of you. You should be proud of yourself. You're improving every day. You will get to the point where this comes naturally for you. You just got a late start, but it will be a breeze for you eventually. Give it time. Be patient. It also means that I will always love you."

  I didn't know what to say to Erik. I just kissed him a couple of times, then I hugged him.

  Erik hugged me back and said,"Just keep pushing, Y/N. Everyone's here to help you."