Clint Barton x Reader

Up next: Peter Parker x Reader

Later: Tony Stark x Reader

   Y/N'S POV

  I couldn't find my husband anywhere, and I needed a massage. Stat. Today had been a very stressful day at work. Actually, it was a horrendous day at work. I just knew Clint could cheer me up.

  When I finally found him, he was hanging out with Steve.

  I said,"Captain, do you mind if I take my husband from you?"

  Steve got up and began to apologize saying,"Sure. Of course! Y/N, I am so sorry. I did not know you had plans with Clint. I-"

  I gently closed Steve's mouth and smiled warmly at him saying,"You are a treasure, Steve, but don't apologize. Clint and I didn't have any plans. I just need a massage and maybe a talk, then you can get him back."

  I realized my hand was still on Steve's mouth, so I apologized myself and backed away from him.
  Steve smiled at me and I grabbed Clint's hand, pulling him to the nearest seat.

  Clint immediately began to work the tension out of my neck and shoulders.

  When all the tension was gone, I thanked him and said,"You can go back with Steve now. Thanks."

  Clint laughed and placed his hands on his hips saying,"I'm not a doll, honey. Come on. Sit. I want to hear how your day went."

  I sat down and told him,"Oh, it went terrible. It was my worst day of work ever. Of course, there were people talking about me, but that's every day. I know I'm beautiful, so their gossip doesn't mean anything to me. I almost got fired for something I didn't do, and then I'm pretty sure my best friend isn't really my best friend. Also, I'm on my period. Work was great today."

  Clint slowly nodded and said,"Right. Your day was great. Nothing bad happened."

  Clint watched me, and I just stared right back at him.

  I said,"What, Clint?"

  He shook his head and leaned on his elbow saying,"Nothing."

  Clint kept watching me until I gave in to what I had been holding in all day. I lied down across his lap and cried into his suit.

  Clint rubbed my side and asked me,"You want another massage?"

  I shook my head and replied,"No, I want people to...to like me, Clint. I want to just be able to...to have a friend. Just one decent friend."

  Clint lifted my chin and asked me,"Do I not like you? Am I not your friend? What about Steve? Tony? Thor? Natasha? Bruce? Even Loki? Are they not your friends?"

  For once, I did not know what to say. I never really thought of the other Avengers as being my friends or even liking me. I always thought they did not count, but because we basically saw each other all the time.

  Clint continued to rub my side saying,"You don't need to have every single person like you. All that's going to do is cause you more stress and pain. That's the last thing you need, Y/N. As long as you have me, the other Avengers, and your family, you're okay."

  I gave him a kiss and replied,"Thanks, baby. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have you to talk to me tonight."

  Clint sent me a soft smile and said,"Thank God you have me right here with you. Right?"

  "Right."

  "Me, too, Y/N?"

  I chuckled saying,"You, too, Rogers."