Isabella's face fell as she watched her uncle walk around the car. The tears broke out when he left and walked towards the convenience. "Ucle Gray!" She yelled, throwing Ethan's phone at his shoulder. Ethan turned around to see his daughter in tears.

"Hey, princess, he'll come back," Ethan said, hand reaching back to her knee. She pushed it away, reaching up to look for her uncle, where'd he go? Her cries only got louder as Ethan got out of the car and climbed into the back with her. "Hey, Belles it's okay," He said, pulling her out of her car seat and into his lap.

"Ucle Gray!" She yelled when another minute passed without her uncle. Ethan sighed kissing her head and wiping her cheeks of her tears.

"He just went to the washroom, see?" Ethan said, pointing out the window to see Grayson walking back to the car, a bag in his hand. Isabella hiccupped as her uncle moved into the driver's seat, seeing that it was empty. "See angel, he's back," Ethan said to her. Grayson turned back in his seat, grin on his face.

"Sorry I took so long, there were a few fans," Grayson said, reaching over to tickle his niece. She giggled and Ethan shook his head smiling.

"Oh c'mon, even my daughter likes you better," Ethan said, putting her back in her seat. Grayson chuckled, passing the bag back. "What's this?" He asked.

"I got you food, realized we didn't bring anything for her either," Grayson said. Ethan grinned, pulling out the crackers y/n bought for Bella. He handed her the package and her eyes lit up.

"Cackers!" She screamed ad Grayson started the car. Both boys chuckled as Ethan tossed him a pack of gummy worms and pulled on their seatbelts, in sync. "Daddy, cackers?" She asked Ethan, handing him the package to open. Ethan put down his own bag of gummy bears and took her crackers.

Puling the package open, he handed it back to her. She pulled one out of the crackers, putting it in her mouth. She giggled at the familiar taste and reached for Ethan. He looked up at her and raised his eyebrows. "What's up, princess?" He asked. She pointed to the phone, still laying on the floor of the car. Ethan sighed, picking it up.

He handed it back to her, face recognition letting her in, and she went back to her show. Ethan looked out the window, excited to see y/n and the rest of his family after a week. "You extended the hotel stay thing, right?" Grayson asked. Ethan nodded at him as he felt a tugging on his t-shirt.

"Daddy, cacker?" She asked. Ethan smiled, shaking his head. She frowned and turned to her uncle. "Cacker, Gray?" She asked. Grayson chuckled, reaching his hand back for a cracker. She giggled and placed on in his palm.

"Thank you, Iz," He said, using the nickname only he called her. She refused to let anyone else call her that. She nodded and went back to the show.

---

"Daddy?" Isabella called, unaware her daddy had taken a nap. "Daddy!" She called louder. Ethan startled awake. He unfolded his arms and sat up, turning to look at her.

"What's up, angel?" He asked, voice raspy, rubbing his eyes. "Belles?" Another personal nickname, that no one else was allowed to call her.

Isabella crossed her legs and frowned at him. Ethan sighed, rubbing her knee. "Gotta go pee," She whispered. Ethan sighed. "Please?" She asked. Ethan nodded.

"Yo, Gray," E called. Grayson turned around quickly, before moving his eyes back to the road. "Pull over at another gas station, we need to pee," Ethan said. Grayson nodded, driving further to pull off at the next exit.

Parking at the gas station, Ethan pulled Isabella out of her car seat and grabbed her diaper bag too. "No!" She shouted and squirmed as Ethan held her tighter. "No diaper, Belle big girl," She shouted. Ethan sighed, carrying her into the men's room, thankfully empty.

He pulled down the newly installed changing table and set her down. This was always a problem for the two. Ethan forgetting there was typically no changing table is the men's bathroom and having to take her to the car to change instead.

"Stop moving, princess, one sec," Ethan muttered as he struggled to hold her still and change her at the same time. Finally finishing, he pulled up her brand new Pull-Ups and stood her up so she could stand and pull them up herself. Grinning, she pulled it over her bum, giggling at him.

Ethan smiled, standing her up next to the sink, so they could wash their hands together. "Daddy go too?" She asked. Ethan thought for a second and nodded. He sat her next to her bag and left to do his own business.

They finished up in the bathroom, picking up a few more crackers for the rest of the ride. Heading back to the car, they got in the back together. "Alright, we're good," Ethan said, shutting the car door. Grayson nodded and winked at Bella through the rearview mirror. She giggled but frowned as Ethan moved her back to her seat.

"Daddy, wait!" She yelled. Ethan stopped as she crawled back into his lap. Ethan frowned as she began to tug on his own seat belt, trying to pull it over the both of them. "Daddy help!" She shouted. Ethan sighed, looking down at her.

"You gotta go back to your own seat, angel, it's not safe," Ethan said. Isabella shook her head, trying once again to pull the seatbelt over her and her daddy. "Belles," He groaned. Grayson turned back to see what all the commotion was and chuckled.

"She's not gonna move back, just hold onto her," Grayson said. Ethan sighed, helping Isabella with the seatbelt as she squealed. "Ready to go?" Grayson asked her. She sat back into her daddy's chest and nodded.

Grayson started the car once again, only to be stopped once again just as he got back onto the highway. Isabella slapped her hand to her mouth, making Ethan look back down at her. "What's wrong, princess?" He asked. She looked up at him, air in her cheeks. "Gray, Gray, we need a plastic bag," Ethan said.

Grayson turned back to see them and kept driving as he reached into the dashboard for a plastic bag. Dumping out the feminine hygiene products Gray's wife had stored in the bag onto the passenger seat and shoved the bag into the back. "Here," Grayson said, eyes still on the road.

"Here you go, princess," Ethan said softly, holding the bag open out in front of her. Isabella looked at it, tears forming in her eyes. Gripping onto Ethan's jeans with her fists, she threw up into the bag, Ethan kissing her head lightly, hair thankfully already back in a ponytail.

"Everything okay, Iz?" Grayson asked as he stayed to the side, ready to get off at the next exit. Isabella began to cry as she wiped at her mouth.

"Are we done?" Ethan asked her. She nodded, as Ethan tied up the bag of her vomit, setting it carefully on the ground. Ethan grabbed a napkin as Grayson handed back to him and wiped her mouth and wiped his hands off. "It's okay, princess, don't cry," He said quietly as she cried into his t-shirt.

"We're almost there, Iz, just an hour left," Grayson said back to her. Isabella nodded as Ethan wiped her eyes. "Almost there."

"Sorry, Gray," She whispered, feeling bad for throwing up in her uncle's car. Grayson shook his head. "Sorry, Daddy," She whispered, turning up to look at him. Ethan smiled and smoothed out her hair.

"It's all good, Belles, don't worry," He said. She nodded, turning back to lean against him. "You still feel sick?" He asked. She shook her head and Ethan nodded, looking up in the mirror to see Grayson.

"Last exit and about a half-hour drive to the hotel," He told Ethan. Ethan nodded, looking back at his daughter who was now playing with his fingers.

"Here that princess? We'll see mommy soon," Ethan told her. She nodded.

"Mommy," She repeated, tiredly. Ethan smiled as she closed her eyes, a little yawn escaping her. Ethan smiled as her grip on his thumb loosened and her breathing slowed. He bent down to kiss her head as she rested against him.

"Almost there," He whispered quietly. 

*****

AN// been writing in third person a lot lately, hope that's okay with you guys <3