38.

(Start music from 1:40)

Taron Mills
The doctor said they did all they could to save her.
The bullet had grazed her heart and there was nothing else they could do.
Saying goodbye to her was the worst thing I would do.
Her lifeless face.
Pale body.
The colour hadn't even drained from her lips yet.
I had pressed a gentle kiss to them as my goodbye.
I couldn't bring myself to say anything.

You could never imagine how painful it is to have to prepare a eulogy for your own girlfriend unless you've had the misfortune to have to do it.
I wrote it over and over again knowing she would hate me for saying the wrong thing.
Even as I stood up at her funeral to give the speech to everyone I doubted whether she would be happy with it.
"Maggie, I know that you're listening in to this so I promise that I won't make it too cringy" I smiled through the tears and I saw a smile appear on Eli's face. "Just before our gorgeous Maggie died, she accepted my asking her to be my girlfriend. I mean, classic Margaret, talk about bad timing" I said and a small chuckle resonated from the congregation. "Maggie made my life an adventure every day with her missions, her knife throwing and her crazy plans but I love her for it. Have done since the day we met."

The memory of that day flashed across my mind. Her slight smirk as her knife pierced my blazer. The tears fell harder.

"She was so beautiful. God she was the most beautiful girl I had ever witnessed. I'll miss not seeing you, hearing that laugh, seeing that stupid leather jacket" I smiled and wiped my tears on my sleeve, "but I know I will see you again. I'm sure of it. And not a single day will go by that I don't think of you and long for you Margaret King. I love you" I whispered and steadily stepped down from the stand.
As I was going down the steps I looked up and my unconscious mind had played a cruel trick on me.
At the back of the church was Maggie.
Sat there in that silly jacket.
Tears rolling down her face.
And yet there was a soft smile on her lips.
The pain was agonising.
My heart screamed.
My head pounded.
She stood up and headed towards the doors.

I couldn't let her go.
Not again.
"Maggie" I whispered and walked quickly from the stand to the back of the church just as she walked out of the church doors.
I now ran.
I threw open the church doors and screamed for her.
"Maggie!" I cried and looked around.
I couldn't help but sob.
I looked round again just as the wind picked up.
There was no Maggie.
But the breeze seemed to have her voice as it whirled around me.
I pictured her voice harder.
"I love you" she said and I smiled, knowing she was with me.
"I love you so much" I cried and dropped down to my knees.
I grabbed some of the rocks and dirt from the floor and threw it ahead of me with a scream.
I couldn't hold back the sobs that racked my lungs and heart.

A pair of arms wrapped around my body and I leaned against the figure.
"I know. I know" Eli said as he held me tight.
"She's gone" I cried and clutches onto his blazer.
"I know" he whispered and stroked the side of my face with his hand. "But she's always with you Taron. In your heart. She will always be in there. She's in the breeze, in nature, she'll never leave you" he cried and I could do nothing but sob louder.
"I love her so much. She's my girlfriend" I cried and Eli began to rock with me in his arms.
"Shh it's ok. She's ok." He whispered till my sobs became gentle tears.
We stayed there until the tears had dried up.
"The world is so cruel" I sighed as Eli helped me out of the dirt.
"Then at least see that as a positive. She's not here. She's partying it up somewhere" he smiled and I nodded. "Come on we have to get to the house"

Close family and friends we're all over the house.
I had found myself a small corner and stared straight ahead of me, water bottle in hand.
I didn't want to think anymore.
I had listened to many people's memories of Maggie from when she was little but I couldn't take it anymore.

"Taron" Carter said and I looked up to meet his eyes. "Come with me" he said and I nodded.
We went up the stairs and stopped outside Maggie's room.
"I can't" I whispered.
"She left things for you" Carter sighed and I was shocked.
"Me?"
"Theres a box on her bed. I'll leave you alone" Carter sighed.
He was heart broken.
Truly heart broken over his little sister.
He lost his best friend, his partner in crime.
It was heart breaking to see him now.
"Carter. I'm so sorry" I whispered holding his upper arm.
He just nodded and put his hand over mine before walking down the stairs leaving me on my own.

The brown box stood neatly on the bed, my name written across it in her handwriting.
With a shaking hand I opened it and cried again as I saw the box was filled with photos, a hoodie and her leather jacket. I smiled through the tears as I picked up the photos and flicked through them.
I smiled as I realised her scent was still on the hoodie and jacket.
This was all I could have ever wanted.
I wiped away the tears and folded up the jacket. 
A folded piece of paper fell to my feet and I gasped.
I placed the jacket down gently and picked up the paper.
With shaking hands I unfolded it.
It was a letter.
From Maggie.

The tears and a smile appeared on my face as I read her words.
'I plan everything.
So if you're reading this then the worst I could have planned has happened.

Taron Mills.
You have turned my world upside down. I had never felt love before I loved you. You have made my life better than I could ever have hoped for.
If I do die tonight then I need you to remember that I won't be in pain.
I want you to move on if I die.
Just not to Emily.
I hate that bitch.
I need you to know that I want you to be happy, live your life, become the person you truly want to be.

I have left my beloved jacket to you in a hope that if I die then you'll always feel that you have a piece of me and my heart. Always.
Every memory I have with you is just blissful and I love you Taron. I'll always love you.

Now, go out, enjoy life.
Go and live.

Love as always.
Margaret King x'

The End.