36.

Margaret King
My heart pounded, my hands covered in sweat. My eyes couldn't focus on one particular thing. All I could focus on was the group of broad looking men and two women stood before me.
And yet, with Taron by my side it didn't feel as terrifying.
I had my witty line all planned out, and now that we were here my words were stuck in my throat.
Just before I opened my mouth to speak Taron pushed me behind a shipping container and pressed his lips to mine passionately.
He cupped my face as we kissed and I placed my hands over his.
I knew it was our last moment before the madness came so I savoured the feeling of his lips against mine.
He ignited this warmness inside me, something I had never felt before I met him, and now there was a chance that could be snatched away from me.
There and then I made a promise to myself that whatever happened to me, I would just make sure nothing happened to him.
"Just in case" he whispered.
"Don't say that" I whispered back before I left him and stepped out from behind the container.

"Margaret King. What a lovely surprise!" Mike said was we locked eyes. His whole group turned to us.
"I see some new faces Mike. Scared to face me alone?" I scoffed.
"Not at all my dear. They're just here for a show" he grinned and it made my stomach turn.
"You're sick"
"No Maggie I'm smart. I know what I want and I take it." He growled and held up a gun.
"Wait Mike that's a child!" One of the women said and the man next to her slapped her hard. I quickly threw a star at the man hitting him square in the chest.
"You call yourself men and here you are hitting a woman. Cowards" I scoffed and the two women looked stunned as some of the men shuffled around.
"Feminism doesn't work on me Miss King." Mike laughed and it just made me want to attack even more.
"Obviously does on the dead man" I giggled pointing to the guy now dead on the floor.
"I don't like it when you kill my men. Means I have to do more"
"Oh boo fucking hoo. Let's just get on with it" I sighed grabbing my gun from my jacket.

"Margaret!" I heard a booming voice behind me. I didn't look back. I didn't need to.
"The whole family's here! And Taron! Glad to see you alive" Mike smiled.
I held my gun up to his head.
"Don't talk to him" I growled.
"I told you to stay away!" Dad yelled as he came to stand by my side.
"Fuck off" I growled.
"Looks like you two will kill each other before I even have to shoot" Mike yawned and I aimed my gun at his foot and shot, earning a large grunt from Mike.

"Im bored just standing here" I said and fired another man in the shoulder.
That's when the real fun began.
The family split up, one of Mikes thugs following each of us.
I ran round shipping containers as fast as I could, slipping around a corner every thirty seconds.
I could hear the footsteps behind me get closer before two hands pushed me forward onto my front.
"That fucking hurt" I coughed turning on my back, shooting the guy before he could even draw his knife.
I took a deep breath to try and get air back into my lungs.
"Maggie!" I heard Carter yell and an anger run through my veins.
No one hurts my brother on my watch.

He kept yelling my name and I ran till I saw him being overpowered by a very large man.
I kicked the mans ribs but he grabbed my ankle, pulling me to the ground.
I couldn't breathe again.
My ankle now burned.
My vision was hazy.
I gasped and the man pinned me down, holding a knife to my throat.
He pressed in and I stifled a scream as I felt blood start to trickle down my neck.
The pain stopped as soon as it started.
The man was thrown off me with a loud manly scream.
"Don't you fucking touch my sister" I looked up and saw Carter shoot down the man.
He ran back over and helped me up, pulling me straight into his arms.
I felt tear drops fall on my head and it made my own tears fall.
"I love you Maggie" Carter whispered.
"I love you" I whispered back and he squeezed me tighter.
He pulled away and bent down to look at my neck.
"Doesnt look great Maggie. It's really quite bad" he sighed.
"I don't care. Come on let's just finish this" I growled and he nodded before we walked to where Mike was fighting Taron and my father.

I watched for a moment to take in the situation. People were on the floor either injured or dead.
I felt the blood start to run again down my neck and yet I ignored it. I had to.
"Mike! You have no one left!" I yelled as best as I could.
"I have myself! You're not fucking winning!" He yelled back, hitting Taron over the head.
I growled before pushing Mike away, standing side by side with my father.
I could hear sirens in the distance and I was confident that we had won. He had nothing left to give. I was exhausted. But that wouldn't stop me.
Mum had bent down to help Taron while me Carter and dad stood strong. Mike wobbled around giving my father another chance to scold me.
"If you had just fucking left us to handle this-"
"You would have been dead" I growled back and heard Dad scoff.

Mike turned before dad could say anymore and held a gun up, at my fathers head.
"Time to fucking die" Mike laughed.
I pushed my father out of the way and fired my own gun.
But just before my bullet hit him square in the head, he pulled the trigger.