4.

Margaret King
"You're not listening Maggie" Dad groaned as we all sat in my room.
"I am listening." I wasn't.
I was thinking about that boy from the courtyard.
I shouldn't be thinking about him.
It was useless in thinking about him. I wasn't going to talk to him again. Even if I wanted to, he wouldn't want anything to do with me. Especially now that I had thrown a knife at him.
"I'm going over it again" Dad sighed. "These are glasses you can use to record. The feed from the glasses will be projected onto our tv in the work room or one of our phones."
"Understood." I said and put the glasses on the side.
"This is an ear piece. If ever we need you or you need us, activate the ear piece and we'll talk to you through this. No phones." Mum explained and I nodded.
"Wait, I'm not allowed to just call or text you?" I asked, mainly aiming it at Dad.
"Of course you can! Just not if we're discussing business" he said and I nodded.
"You have all your things?" Mum asked and I nodded.
"Don't use them unnecessarily. Don't loose your temper. Don't take drugs. And no sex" Dad said and my eyes widened.
"Dad!"
"I'm warning you. None of the boys here are worthy of you Maggie."
"What if I meet a nice one?" I asked, and Carter laughed.
"No nice boy is going to want to date you maggot" he said and I rolled my eyes.
"They might"
"Darling, if you find a really lovely boy, who accepts you for who you are, and knows how to keep his mouth shut then you're allowed to date him" Mum said and I nodded.
"You're not allowed to date him unless I've met him" Dad growled.
"Eli leave her alone. She's never had any contact with boys or girls her age let her have a bit of fun" she said and hugged my shoulders.
"Just remember, you can't fight if you're pregnant" he shrugged and I slapped his arm.
"I'm not getting pregnant!" I yelled, running my hands through my hair. "All I'm saying is that maybe, maybe, a boy here might like me" I shrugged, thinking about courtyard boy.

We walked out of my building and back out to where we came in.
I looked around the area and I felt a heat come to my cheeks as I saw him across the pathway. He was with his parents.
They were hugging him and dressed in all white and navy clothes.
"Hang on a minute" Carter said as he stood next to me. "Oh my god do you have a crush on that boy!?" He yelled grabbing the attention of not only courtyard boy, his parents and my parents.
"I'm actually going to throttle you" I growled and shoved him hard.
"Kids don't start" Mum sighed, almost as if she's given up trying.
"Let them have a last fight Ruth"
"Fine. Maggie no weapons" Mum sighed and I grinned.

I looked over my shoulder and saw that courtyard boy was still watching, along with his father.
"You fancy him" Carter said and I kicked his legs out from under him. "Oh we're taking this seriously? In front of all these people?" He grinned and I realised that more people had gathered round.
"I had a lesson with dad before I came here. He's taught me a few new tricks" I said but I knew that Carter was still a lot better at hand to hand fighting.
He managed to land a punch to my stomach making me stumble backwards.
I kicked my leg, aiming to kick his face, but he grabbed it at the last minute, twisting it so I fell on my stomach.
"Come on Maggot. Don't embarrass yourself" he chuckled and again, I kicked his legs out from under him.
I sprang into action and sat on top of him, pinning his arms down with my knees.
I could feel him thrash his legs round but I stayed strong.
"Finish it Maggie" I heard mum say and I wasted no time in reaching back and punching him in the crotch.
"Fuck" he groaned as I stood up.

"Bye darling. I'll see you later" Mum winked and I nodded.
"Later kiddo" Dad said and I gave him a tight hug.
"I'll call you ok?" I asked and he nodded.
My parents walked away but Carter stayed behind.
"Be careful ok?"
"I didn't know you actually cared" I scoffed.
"I'm your brother. I love you and I do care. I don't want you getting hurt"
"I won't"
"No no Maggie. Hurt as in heart heart. As in I don't want you to be hurt by some dickhead boy. You're the most intelligent and strong girl here. Don't let some boy fuck up your potential of ruling London" he grinned.
"I won't."
"Oh and if you do fancy that boy. You need to change him up a bit. Maybe a leather jacket?" He laughed and I hugged him tight.
"I'll see you soon" I smiled and he nodded.
"Well if there's a mission I still need my little sidekick"
"I'm not your sidekick. We're equal"
"Whatever maggot" he said before strolling away to mum and dad.

"Fuck" I sighed as they drove away.
I was on my own.
I always had my family and now I didn't.
I didn't like being without them.
Without them, I never knew how to hold my temper.
"Right" I said turning to face back to the building.
"You're bleeding" I heard from beside me.
"What" I said and turned to see courtyard boy and his father.
"Your hand young lady, is bleeding" the man said and I took a step back.
"I'm fine"
"Do you not want help?" He said and I scoffed.
"I don't need help. I especially don't need your help" I said before walking away from them. But not before having a longing look at courtyard boy.

Taron Mills
"Well, She's a ray of sunshine isn't she" Dad sighed and I shrugged.
"You told me not to go near her. And yet here we are talking to her" I said and he shook his head.
"That's true. But after, reevaluating, I think she could be useful to have around. If you got close to her Taron, we could be loaded with information. Me and your mother could be the ones to do their case! We'd be loaded!" He said, an excited smile playing on his lips.
"No" I said immediately.
"What?!"
"I'm not going to get close to her just so that you and mum could make money. That's not fair" I said sternly.
"Some of that money would go to you Taron. And if we can get her to talk about her life and dealings then we'd get them all into prison. Then the streets would be free from them" he explained.
"I don't want to do that to her."
"You don't know the girl"
"And neither do you."
"What if it was only her parents that got put in prison?" He pushed and I sighed.
"No"
"Think about it. Ok?" He said before giving me a last hug goodbye.

I had already made up my mind. I knew I didn't want to just get to know her so I could rat them out to my parents.
I didn't really want to get to know her in the first place. She was intimidating and really quite scary.
The way she threw the knife, or the way she fought with her brother with such precision and skill. I would never want to get on her bad side.
But she did intrigue me. That was the issue. I wanted to get to know her. I didn't want us to just be that face that the other recognises.
I wanted to know her.
And as I sat at my little desk, a figure in the window opposite mine caught my attention.
As the building was in a narrow horseshoe shape, the people opposite were very clearly visible from their window.
I could definitely make out that it was her.
She had discarded the leather jacket and jeans and was now in a small top and shorts.
I felt weird looking at her like this.
But I couldn't draw my eyes away.
As her head flicked up in my direction I quickly turned and walked away from the window.
"Shit" I whispered.
This was going to be a long term.