26.

Margaret King
"I can't believe you got caught"
"Well you got shot"
"Yeah trying to save an asshole by the sound of it"

Dad was more than grumpy. But I knew he had reason to be.
His daughter had gone to prison, he was shot saving Taron, who had since gone against us, and now he was restricted in his movements because of the bullet wound.
But at least he was home, and I was out.
"At least I'm out?" I asked and he rolled his eyes.
"You should never have been in there in the first place. I want to have a little chat with Mr Mills" Dad growled and it was my turn to roll my eyes.
"Dad don't. Let me handle it. The university is letting me stay on the course so I go back to classes tomorrow" I said and rubbed his arm.
"I don't want you near him. He's not a good man if he can go against you that quickly. I spoke to him about loyalty and he obviously doesn't have that"
Dad didn't know that this was so much more than loyalty for me. He had taken my virginity, around two weeks ago, and now we're not together.
That was a hard feeling for me.

"Carter can I talk to you please?" I said knocking on my brothers room door.
"No!" He shouted, but I knocked again harder.
"Carter!"
I heard shuffling before he opened the door just a crack.
"What?" He asked.
"Please can I talk to you. I have to get something out" I sighed feeling tears start to prick my eyes.
"Maggie I'm kind of in the middle of something" he sighed and opened the door further to reveal a girl sat on his bed.
"Please Carter," I said and I cringed at myself as a tear slipped out.
"Right ok. Come on. I'll be back in a second" he said and the girl rolled her eyes.

We walked together down the corridor.
"What's going on?" Carter asked and I had to use my sleeve to wipe away the flow of tears.
"You can't tell mum or dad ok?" I sniffed and he nodded.
"I won't"
"This whole situation is bad with Taron Carter, but so much worse to me than you think" I sniffled again and Cater began to look concerned.
"What's happened Maggie?"
I ran my hands through my hair and pushed my hair back from my face.
"Maggie,"
"We did it" I cried and put my hands over my face.
"You did what?"
"It, you know, sex" I said and Carter sighed.
"Maggie, when?"
"A few days before we actually went on the mission" I said and wiped the remaining tears.
"Fuck I'm going to kill him" Carter growled. "He has sex with you and then just goes against you like that? That's the lowest form of asshole there is" he said and I nodded.

He went to open his mouth again but the doorbell rang out, interrupting him.
We both shared a look before I grabbed my phone and went onto the app that lets us look at who's at the door.
"Oh my god" I sighed and showed Carter the camera feed.
"I'm going to kill him" Carter growled before storming down to the door, me hot on his tail.
"I've got it Mum!" He yelled before swinging the door open.

"You've got a lot of nerve coming here" Carter spat and I hid out of sight.
"I know but I had to explain,"
"No. There's no explaining. You have sex with her and then go against her to get her put in prison, then dump her in court, all because you're scared of Mummy and Daddy" he said clenching his fist.
"She told you,"
"She's told me everything. And I've told her I'll deal with you"
"No! No please you have to let me explain. It wasn't my parents. My parents told me to lie yes, but it was someone else that made me say what I did" he said and I couldn't hide anymore.

I stepped out from behind the door.
"Maggie!"
"No one held a gun up to your head and made you say what you said!"
"They practically did!" He argued and Carter gave Taron a shove.
"Don't raise your voice at her" he warned.
As Carter shoved Taron, I had a clear view of his car, and as I looked up at Carter I knew we had both seen the same thing.
"Are you kidding me?" I asked, barely above a whisper, gesturing towards his car.
"I can explain that as well" he sighed holding out his hands.
I looked at the car again and glared harshly at Emily sat in his passenger seat.
"You're an asshole. I thought you were a good guy and you're not. So fuck off, and if you ever go near my sister again I will personally see to it that you're never able to walk again" Carter growled and Taron backed away.
"No, Maggie, Carter you have to listen. I was threatened to say what I did." Taron said quickly, looking scared.
"Bullshit" Carter spat.
"I promise you I'm not. He came to the house and threatened me to go against you Maggie, or he'd kill me and my parents" Taron said.
"Who's he?"
"Mike" he breathed and my blood ran cold.
"Mike doesn't know who you are. And why would he want you?"
"He said that if I didn't say what I did, and if you didn't end up in prison then he would get me" he said but I shook my head.
"Bullshit"
"He saw me as the key to get you locked away Maggie. And now I'll probably be dead by the end of the week" he said and a shiver went down my spine at the thought of him being hurt.
"You should leave" Carter said, his tone now becoming more gentle.

Taron sighed before walking back down the driveway to his car.
"Do you think he'll be ok?" I asked, a fear rising up.
"Don't think about it Maggie. Mike won't do anything to him now that we know" Carter sighed.
"I don't want him to die Carter"
"He'll be ok" he sighed before shutting the door and strolling back upstairs to his room.

I looked out of the little window in the door and saw he still hadn't driven away.
My head and my heart fought for dominance over what I should do.
I sighed and opened the door, running out to his car, but on seeing Emily place a kiss to Taron's lips, I stopped dead in my tracks.
I could feel the hot tears well up in my eyes, and I battled to try and stop them from rolling down my face.
He had chosen Emily.
He didn't want me anymore.

An hour after the ordeal, my phone sounded twice.
I opened the first message.
'Maggie, I hope that we can just talk in private, just me and you at some point about all of this. I want you Maggie and never wanted to hurt you. I'm not lying about Mike. He really is out to get me Maggie.
Love, Taron'

And I read the second.
'You might want to help that boy of yours before I get him'
Beneath the message was a photo of Taron walking out the gates of his house.
"Fuck" I said and quickly dialled Taron's number.
I rang and rang again but to no avail.
It went to voicemail each time.
"I'm taking the car!" I screamed into the house before running over to my car.
Again I dialled his number.
No answer.
"For fucks sake Taron!" I cried, driving as safely but as quickly as I could to try and get to him in time.