28.

Margaret King
"You need to go to the hospital" Dad sighed rubbing his forehead.
"He's dead"
"You don't know he's dead Maggie" Carter sighed.
"He was cold as ice and pale! He's dead!" I shouted.
"Maggie I meant for your hand. You need to have a cast put on"
"No I don't"
"Stop being so fucking defensive! We're going to the hospital! Get in the car" Dad yelled walking out the house.
"What's his issue?" I growled before following him out into the car, slamming the door as I got in.
"Don't slam my door"
"Don't talk to me"
"Oh get your head out of your arse" Dad scoffed.

We drove all the way to London Bridge Hospital, despite my protests.
"She needs her hand fixing" Dad said to the lady at the reception, who made a phone call.
A doctor quickly rushed me into a room.
"Well you've succeeded in breaking almost every bone in your hand" he sighed and dad rolled his eyes.
"Idiot"
"Can you shut the fuck up!" I growled.
"You're going to need surgery" the doctor sighed.
"For fucks sake" I groaned.
The doctor made me change into a gown and rolled me to the operating rooms.

As he placed me outside a room, I saw doctors and surgeons working frantically.
Out of curiosity, I stood up to have a look in.
"Maggie stop being nosy"
I stared into the room, the doctors shouted to each other, tools were being passed desperately between them.
"Let's go Miss King. Mr King wait here please" the doctor sighed, but I couldn't draw my eyes away from the room.
The doctor stood beside me, "young lad that came in here earlier. Stabbed" he sighed, taking my upper arm.
"Wait what? Who?" I asked, my heart racing at the possibility it could be Taron.
"A young man that got stabbed in a park, a Mr Mills"
"Oh my god" I whispered. "Taron!" I yelled banging on the glass.
Several doctors tried to pull me away.
"Taron!" I yelled as they dragged me away.
I yelled his name over and over as I was dragged away, tears pouring from my eyes.
"No, no I need to see him" I cried as a needle was pushed into my hand making me feel drowsy.
"No, no no" I cried trying to move against the doctors holding me down.
"Take deep breaths for me Miss King ok? Nice and easy" a man said stroking my hair.

"Well, she cant use her hand for at least six weeks, and you need your cast changed after three weeks" the doctor explained.
"That doesn't exactly work with our, plans" Dad said and I rolled my eyes.
"Dad, I wrecked my hand, fucking accept it" I sighed.
"I need you to be able to fight"
"It's not going to happen Mr King. She needs to stay in over night" the doctor said, leaving the room.
"Why do you suddenly have a stick shoved up your arse?" I asked dad.
"I don't"
"Don't lie."
"The kid didn't deserve what Mike did. He didn't deserve that and I almost feel responsible" dad sighed.
"Why? I thought you couldn't care less about Taron"
"I should have known Mike would go for him. He was the best target to get to you, to throw you off" Dad said, "I didn't think you care anymore about him"
"He was my first boyfriend, my first kiss, he's a good guy. And I like him. I really like him" I said covering my eyes with my good hand as I tried to conceal the fact that I was crying.
"At least you know he's not dead"
"Yes, that makes me feel so much better" I cried, sarcastically rolling my eyes. "I want to see him"
"He's in surgery"
"Please,"
  Dad stared into my eyes before sighing and nodding.
"I'll go and try to see what room he's in" he sighed before walking out of the room.
I stared down at the black cast that was holding my hand together.
I now had metal rods going all through the bones in my fingers.
It frustrated me that I couldn't use one of my hands, but I considered the cast an advantage, it made my punches stronger.
"He's on the next floor up, room 302" Dad said rolling his sleeves down.
"Who did you have to threaten?" I smiled Ashe stroked my head.
"Young lad at the desk. Didn't take much" he laughed and I rolled my eyes. "Maggie I have to go home now, visiting hours are nearly over"
"It's ok. Thank you for finding Taron" I smiled, hugging my father.
"It's ok. We'll come and get you tomorrow" he smiled before walking out of the hospital room.

"Is that your father?" A small voice came from opposite me.
"Jesus, I didn't even realise you were in here" I gasped at the girl.
The first thing I noticed about her was the bruises littering her face and arms.
She had bleach blonde curly hair and bright blue eyes.
She evidently had a small frame and appeared to be very weak.
"Is he?"
"Yeah. He's my father"
"That means your Margaret King. I've seen your dad in the paper" she giggled and I nodded. "I'm Roxy. Short for Roxanne" she smiled.
"Maggie" I replied.
"What happened to your hand?" She asked and I could help but sigh.
"This boy that I like got stabbed by my families enemy. I got upset and smashed almost every bone in my hand" I said and she almost looked shocked.
"Well, I was half expecting you to tell me nothing" she said.
"Well it happened. There's no point beating around the bush with it" I sighed rolling my eyes, "what happened to you?"
"Abusive boyfriend" she coughed and my eyes went wide.
"Wait what?"
"Abusive boyfriend. He beat me so bad this time that my lung got punctured" she said.
"Report him!"
"I can't. He'd kill me"
"Not if we killed him first" I smirked but Roxy looked horrified, "ok not kill but seriously hurt. What's his name?"
"Toby." She said and held up a photo on her phone.
"You've got to be fucking kidding me. I know him. He used to date my friend. He's an asshole!"
"Trust me, I know"
"I'll sort him out don't worry"
"Will you?" She said, a small smile on her face and I nodded holding out my little finger.
"Promise"
She grinned and wrapped her little finger round mine. 

I quietly slid out of the shared room and into the dark hallway.
I checked all around me before running up the stairs and onto the next floor.
I searched for the signs and found that 302 would be right at the end of the hallway.
I looked round again and made sure there was no doctors around, before creeping down the hallway and sneaking into his room.
I closed the door as quietly as I could, and the smell of antiseptic stung my nose.
I turned to face Taron.
I felt like all my breath had been knocked out of me.
His entire chest was wrapped in bandages, and he had tubes coming from his nose, arms and hands.
I put my hand over my mouth and tried to stop the sounds from coming out my mouth as I cried.
"Oh god. This should never have happened to you" I cried as I slumped down next to his bed, holding his hand in mine. "I don't care about Emily anymore. I just want you Taron. I want you back here with me. Please" I cried, closing my eyes trying to feel a squeeze or anything from him, then I would know that he would be ok.
With me.