2.

Taron Mills
The Mills family, my family, were the most notorious lawyers of our society
We were considered the ideal, perfect family by everyone.
We played by the rules, followed the law, and took pride in what we did.
Both my parents were barristers that dealt with criminal law. They dealt with the scum and low lives of the streets.
My mother, Ophelia Mills, was considered one of the leading female lawyers of our time.
My father, Jack Mills, was considered one of the best lawyers in Europe.
And I was on my way to follow in their footsteps.

I was reading books based on cases and law since I was ten.
My parents were getting me to help them read and highlight their cases since I was twelve.
Law was our lives.
In secondary school, I hadn't received one detention and left with outstanding A level grades.
I wanted what my parents had, and that pushed me to focus all my attention on school and getting into a good university.
We all had nice cars, we had a large well furnished home and grounds, and more money than we truly needed.
I didn't take any of it for granted.
I know how hard they worked to get to where they are today.

"How are you feeling son?" My dad asked as we all sat at the dinner table.
"I'm feeling great." I nodded as our plates were cleared by our staff.
"We're so proud of you sweetie. We know that you'll do wonderfully at London Government Central University." Mum cooed, holding my hand in hers.
"It's very prestigious Taron. Only the best of the best go there. And that's where you belong. You are a Mills after all" Dad laughed and I nodded.
"I'm very proud of myself for being accepted. I'm really looking forward to starting next week" I smiled.
"Don't let anything stop you from achieving your dreams Taron. No distractions." Dad warned.

We were all sat in Mum and Dad's working space, going through their recent cases, when mum almost fell off of her chair.
"Oh my god" she gasped staring at her phone.
"Ophelia what's wrong?" Dad said, quickly jumping to her side.
"Jack, Oh god look at this" she said handing him her phone and running her hands deeply in her hair.
"Mum? Dad? What's going on?" I asked rising from where I sat.
"That's not possible" Dad said putting the phone down.
"What?" I asked, my eyes flickering between them.
"This must be some twisted joke, surely" Dad said and I stayed quiet.
"I'm not sure Jack. I don't know what to think about it"
"We'll just have to prepare him" Dad said and my interest sparked again.
"Prepare me for what? Has someone died?" I asked and their expressions went from shocked to relaxed.
They both came over quickly and hugged me tight.
"No no one has died my love." Mum said and I nodded slowly.
"Then what's going on?"

They shared a glance before returning to their seats.
"Taron, are you familiar with the Kings?" Dad asked and I shook my head.
"The gangsters?"
"Gangsters? Like the Kray twins?" I asked and they both nodded quickly.
"They're not nice people. They use violence and cunning to get what they want. They kill people and get a huge amount of money through dirty deals and everyone respects them out of fear. If the Kings ask you for money, you give it to them. People like that" Mum explained and handed me a photo of a man and woman.
They didn't look bad. They looked normal. Just normal people, no big guns or tattoos. Nothing screams bad.
"Then, they had a son, and a daughter" she sighed handing me two more photos.

I observed the photos. My eyes were immediately drawn to the girl. She was beautiful. I didn't voice that to my parents. I'd most likely be scolded for the rest of my life.
The way her hair fell over her shoulders, how her jacket and jeans outlined her body, doing her all sorts of favours.
Her face was striking. I studied it closely.
I couldn't think this about her.
She wasn't a good person.

"She's the danger" Mum said pointing at her photo.
"Her? Are you sure?" I asked and they both nodded.
"Taron, can you really say she doesn't look threatening? If she walked up to you on the street would you really want to talk to her?" Mum asked and I sighed.
"I'd probably cross the road" I admitted and they smiled.
"Exactly. How about if I told you that this eighteen year old has killed one person, and seriously injured two?" Dad said and my eyes widened.
"I wouldn't believe you"
"The killing was a rumour. But we all believe it happened." Mum smirked and I nodded.
"Why are you telling me this?" I asked and they sighed.
"She's going to London Government Central" Mum said and my eyes were about to fall out of my head.
"No way. How did she get in?!" I exclaimed, throwing her photo away.
"That's what we don't know. She's doing law Taron. She'll be with you" Dad told me and I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
"No"
"You stay away my darling. Sit as far away as you can. She'll use a boy like you. You're nice, and she'll target you" Mum said and I shrugged.
"I don't want anything to do with her" I said and they smiled. I had put them at ease.

In bed, all I could think about was her. Her face, everything. I couldn't get her image out of my head.
Part of me was curious about her.
The other part of me didn't want anything to do with her. She was a criminal. No empathy. I didn't want someone like that around me.
She could ruin everything for me.
Just to think, we were in the same city, and going to the same school.
A knock sounded on my door and my Dad walked into my room.
"You're thinking about her" he whispered and I sat up in bed.
"What?"
"You're thinking about her. I could see it on your face ever since you left the table" he said and I shook my head.
"What girl?"
"The King girl" he said and I shook my head.
"No. No I'm not. I don't want anything to do with her" I said and he smiled.
"I'm not going to tell your mother"
"Dad I'm not." I said and he nodded.
"Ok. I just wanted to say, she may look attractive, you might even find her attractive in person, you know, with that badass attitude, but Taron, we have no idea what her or her parents motives are. Do not fall for any facade she puts on. She's a bad girl with no potential, you Taron have potential. Don't let her ruin that"  he said, never taking his eyes off of mine.
"I won't." I whispered.
"You'll settle for a nice, upper class girl. With good morals and ideas. You don't have to settle for lower scum like her. Ok?" He spat and I was shocked at how he viewed them.
"You haven't met her" I said and he shrugged.
"I don't have to meet them. They're nothing compared to us. Get some sleep now" he sighed and walked back to the doorway.
"Dad!" I said and he turned back to me.
"Yep?"
"What's her name?" I asked and I saw a small smile play on his lips.
"Margaret" he said before walking out.

He said not to bother with her. But she's all I could think about. I couldn't stop myself from thinking about her. Margaret.