33.

Margaret King
A few weeks had passed since mine and Taron's date and it was now Christmas. Taron had to go home to his parents and I had to go back to mine. We had spent every day together and I could've felt more secure.
That was until the phone call came.

I was practicing my knife throwing down in the training room when a small red flashing dot appeared in the middle of the Tv screen.
"Dad!" I yelled and I heard the sound of heavy footsteps coming down the stairs.
"Maggie if you've hit something again I'm not going to be happy" he grumbled.
"I haven't" I said.
He looked around the room and stopped as he spotted the small red dot.
"Margaret get your mother" he said, his face falling immediately.
I ran upstairs and shouted repeatedly for my mum.
I burst into her office and she looked at me sternly.
"You know not to-"
"It's important. The red dot came up on the screen" I rushed and Mum immediately threw her glasses of and ran downstairs, me, hot on her trails.
"Maggie this isn't your task. Go upstairs" dad said but he should have known better.
"No."
"Margaret"
"No." I persisted
"Let her stay." mum sighed as she pushed the red flashing dot.
An image of The Emerald appeared on the screen and words started typing.
"What the,"
"They're glasses. You type words by looking around you" Dad explained quickly as we all watched the words.

He's here. He's planning to take over the club by force. He's meeting his men down at the port in a weeks time before the attack.

"Who's he? What's going on?" I asked quickly, a sense of panic rising up inside me.
"Maggie it's not for you to deal with. Go upstairs" Dad said.
"I'm not a child anymore! I can tell when something is going on! Now fucking tell me or I'll find out myself!" I yelled and I saw Dads face turn red.
"I said it's not for you to deal with!" He boomed but he didn't scare me. I stood my ground.
"Fine. I'll find out myself"
"I've cleaned your room of technology. You can't" dad smirked.
"You should know me better. I wouldn't keep my real technology in my room. Rookie mistake Eli" I growled before running up the stairs and into my room.

"Hey" I spoke down the phone.
"Is everything ok?"
"No. Can I stay with you for a week?" I asked and I heard Taron contemplate through his muttering.
"My parents won't let you. I'm sorry Maggie" he sighed.
"It's important and I might need your help" I said as I threw clothes and random objects into a duffel bag.
"Right. Ok. Erm"
"Come to our safe house with me. I can pick you up in half an hour?" I suggested and felt positive as I heard the zip of a bag undo.
"Ok. I'll be ready. Bye" he said before quickly hanging up the phone.

I loved the fact that he never asked questions when I needed him he knew I could be in trouble and knew I needed him and yet he never asked questions.
I had packed my two bags and grabbed my car keys.
As I swung open my door both my parents were stood there.
"We need to talk" Mum sighed.
"No we don't"'I scoffed before walking past them both.
"This is too dangerous for you Maggie. I'm not allowing you to do this" dad said and I laughed sarcastically.
"Good for you" I said going down the stairs.
"We might not be able to protect you on this one!" Mum said and I rolled my eyes.
"I've never needed your damn protection. Never. I've always protected myself. I don't need you" I said and opened the front door.
They still followed me to my car and stood outside as I jumped in.
"You don't know what you're doing!" Dad yelled through the glass window.
"Yes I do!" I yelled back before speeding off, leaving them in the dust.

"What is all this about?" Taron asked as he jumped in the car.
"I don't know. But I'm about to find out" I grinned as we sped away from his house.
"Maggie what happened?"
"There's a mission. I just don't know who with." I shrugged and Taron smacked his head with his hands.
"What the hell have you brought me in to?" He asked.
"I don't know" I shrugged and pulled into a parking bag at the club.

I stormed in and found Simon stood next to the bar.
"Maggie? Whats-"
"Follow me. Now" I demanded and he followed me down to the wine cellar.
"I'm not telling you anything. Your dad told me I couldn't" Simon told me and I shook my head.
"No no no that's not what I need to hear. Simon I swear to Christ"
"It's Mike. He's planning the attack on the club at nine pm a week today. He's meeting his men at the shipping port at seven" Simon spilled and I grinned.
"Thanks"
"You're going to get yourself killed" Simon said and I shook my head.
"Not if I kill him first" I smirked before running back up to where Taron was still at in the car.

I told him that Mike was back and I could see the nervousness in his eyes.
Both of us knew that only one gang was going to make it out alive.
Either us or Mike.
And it wasn't going to be Mike.