18.

Taron Mills
"Maggie?" I shouted and knocked on the door.
"Give me a minute!" She shouted back through the door.
"You look fancy" I heard from behind me.
"Thank you" I sighed.
"Where are you going?" Emily asked.
"My parents house"
"Oh you are coming!" She said and my eyes widened.
"What?"
"Your parents invited my parents and I as well. Your parents and my parents have really become good friends" she smiled and I felt the anger rise in my chest.
"That's nice."
"Is Maggie coming?" She asked and I nodded.
"Maggie!" I yelled through the door, not wanting to be alone with Emily anymore.
"Don't laugh at me" Maggie said as she opened the door.

As she fully opened it I heard Emily gasp, and my jaw dropped.
Maggie stood in front of us in a beautiful short sleeved white dress. The body was tight but the skirt flowed. Her hair fell neatly over her shoulders and her makeup was done naturally.
"Maggie," I gasped.
"I know I know it's weird" she said and her eyes flicked to Emily.
"She's been invited" I mouthed and Maggie rolled her eyes.
"Let's go shall we?" Emily said and I nodded, holding Maggie's waist. "Are you two together?"
"No. Not yet anyways" I smiled and Maggie smiled back at me.
"We'll see" I heard Emily say under her breath.
Nothing could ruin today for me.
Not even Emily.
Today was the day Maggie would officially be my girlfriend.

"You look amazing" I whispered as we got in a separate car to Emily and her family.
"Thank you"
"I thought you weren't going to wear white?" I asked.
"I know this is important to you. So I just wanted to make sure I did everything I could to make sure it goes smoothly" Maggie sighed and I squeezed her hand.
"You look so beautiful. You always look beautiful though. In any colour" I smiled and she shrugged.
"Why is Emily going? She's going to make it so much worse" Maggie sighed and I nodded.
"I know. But no matter what she says it'll be ok" I smiled.
"I hope so"

"Nice to see you again Mr Mills" Emily's Dad said shaking my hand.
"You too sir"
"Taron!" I heard my mothers voice call and I held Maggie tight as my mother and father bounded down the staircase to where we all stood.
"Breathe" I whispered to Maggie.
"Darling! It's so lovely to see you!" Mum said hugging me tight, so I had to release Maggie's waist. She greeted Emily and her family as my Dad shook my hand.
"And young lady! What a beautiful dress!" Mum said to Maggie, who's eyes widened.
"Thank you Mrs Mills"
"And what's your name my dear?" She said and that's when the lightbulb turned on.
Mum didn't recognise Maggie.
"A dress really changes everything" Maggie said. "Margaret King" She said holding out her dainty hand and my mother and father both gasped.
"Well I'll be damned." Dad laughed, "Miss King you sure clean up nicely"
"My goodness" Emily's mother said and I watched as she held her husbands arm.

Margaret King
I felt more than out of place sat at the dinner table with all of them.
They all talked about their money and bragged to one another about how much they had spend on various items.
I hadn't said a word yet.
That was until everyone suddenly became interested in me.
"So Margaret, how did you get into this university exactly?" Jack asked.
"I did all my exams for it at home but they still get sent off and marked and I got the grades" I explained and he nodded.
"And are you struggling at university because you've been homeschooled?" Emily's mother asked and I shook my head.
"No. I'm actually doing really well"
"She's top of the class" Taron smiled and I blushed.
"Is that true?" Emily's dad asked and Taron nodded.
"Of course. She's always being praised in lectures. He's always asking Maggie if she's thinking of joining a law firm early" Taron said and Ophelia coughed.
"So you're not following your parents then?" She asked.
"Oh I am. My dad has got a first in his law degree" and all the adults eyes widened as I sipped on my water.
"We're a lot more intelligent and resourceful than all of you think" I smiled and Taron tried to suppress a laugh.

"I do like your dress Margaret" Ophelia said and I smiled politely. 
"Thank you Mrs Mills. And might I say, your home is lovely"
"Oh, Oh thank you, that's very kind of you to say." She said and stood up, starting to collect plates.
"Let me help you" I said and started helping her tidy plates away.
I shot a quick look at Taron who had a large smile on his face, and Emily, who's jaw was almost hitting the floor.

"I have to be honest with you Margaret. When you told me who you were I thought this was going to be a nightmare" Ophelia said with a smile. "But, You've surprised me. You're a wonderful young lady" she smiled and I laughed.
"I take that as a massive compliment. Thank you"
"Everything ok in here?" Taron said from the doorway.
"Perfect" Ophelia smiled and his smile returned. "Margaret, May I have a moment with Taron?"
"Oh of course. The lunch was lovely" I said before walking out of the room.
I couldn't help the grin from spreading across my face.

Taron Mills
"So" I sighed.
"She's nice" mum smiled.
"I know she is"
"Is she your girlfriend then?" She sighed.
"By this evening she will be"
"What about that girl, Emily?"
"No way"
"I'm not even going to argue" Mum laughed and I smiled. "It's getting late. I'm sure you'll want to be going" Mum said as we walked back to everyone.

After our round of goodbyes we left the house.
"That went amazing" I sighed and kissed her cheek.
"Uni?"
"Not yet. I want to take you somewhere" I smiled and drove off to where the Halloween fair was taking place.

"This is so cool" Maggie squealed as we walked round. "Why bring me here?"
"Am I not allowed to take you out?" I said and laced my fingers in hers.
"I guess so" she giggled.
"Where do you want to go first?" I asked and she looked around.
She pointed to a stand and as soon as my eyes fell on it, it was so Maggie.

"Let's work on your aim shall we?" She giggled as we picked up the guns.
"You know they're not proper guns."
"A gun is a gun" she whispered.
We both began firing, and as expected, Maggie didn't miss a single target as it popped up in front of her.
"You should do that for a living" the worker said and Maggie giggled as he handed her possibly the largest plush elephant I'd ever seen. 
"I should have won that for you" I pouted and again she giggled.
"I win my own prizes" she grinned.
"I'll have to give you something else then" I said and she shrugged.
"I don't need anything?"
"Then can I at least ask you something?" I smiled as we walked away from the stand.
"Shoot" She said and I turned to face her.
"Maggie,"
"Yes?"
I searched her eyes as she raised her eyebrow.
"You're scaring me" she said and I shook my head.
"I'm just working out how to say it."
"Say what?"
"I really like you Maggie. As in really like you, and I wanted to ask if you wanted to be my girlfriend?" I breathed and I held her hand in mine.
"You're being serious?"
"Of course I am"
I smiled as she smiled.
"Id like that"
"Really?"
"Yeah" she smiled and I quickly pressed a kiss to my girlfriends lips.

 "Id like that""Really?""Yeah" she smiled and I quickly pressed a kiss to my girlfriends lips