16.

Margaret King
"Shall I wear a suit?" Taron panicked as I sat in the corner of his room.
"Wear what you want" I sighed and typed away on my phone.
"Maggie, I'm stressing out. Just tell me what to wear" he said fluttering around the room in a panic.
I groaned and walked over to his wardrobe.
I scanned my eyes quickly over what he had.
"What is this?" I said and pulled out black sweatpants, a black T-shirt, SnapBack and jacket.
"Don't"
"What is this?" I laughed.
"I just keep it on me. If ever I want a day of just not being me" he sighed and I nodded.
"I'd like to see you wear it sometime" I grinned.
"Why?"
"I think you'd look good" I giggled and put it back in the wardrobe.
He came up behind me and wrapped his muscular arms around my waist.
"You like that kind of thing?" He asked and placed a single kiss to my neck.
"I don't know. Wear it and we'll see" I giggled.

After searching through his entire wardrobe I pulled out a pair of black jeans that were hiding in the back, and a pale blue shirt. He slipped the outfit on along with a pair of white shoes and did his hair before we walked out of the door.
He held my hand tightly as we walked to The Emerald.
As we got closer his hand became more and more sweaty and it even began shaking a little as we turned onto the street it was on.
"Come here a second" I said and pulled him into a little side road. "Don't panic, be yourself, and remember they will not touch you, and they might go into business talk. Just ignore it." I said, trying to reassure him.
"Ok. Just stay right next to me" he sighed and I nodded cupping his face.
"Of course I will" I smiled before pressing a kiss to his lips.
His hands found my waist and I hugged him back before we continued down to the club, not holding hands.

"Oh god" I sighed as I saw my Mum and Dad stood talking to Simon.
"What's wrong?"
"Carter isn't here. Carter would have just made the night feel easier" I sighed.
"Shit"
"Mum Dad" I said walking up the steps.
"Maggie!" Mum said and hugged me tight. "Please tell me You've warmed Taron about Dad?"
"Oh I have. Hi dad"
"Margot"he said and hugged my shoulders.
"Be nice"I growled to him before going to stand back with Taron.
"So. You must be Taron" Mum smiled and surprisingly took him into her arms briefly.
"It's a pleasure to meet you Mrs King" Taron smiled and mum sent a quick wink my way as he held the door open for her.
"Such a gentleman. Don't loose that chivalry young man. There's not enough of it nowadays" she sighed and he nodded.
"Say something" I whispered and nudged my dad.
"Hello Taron" Dad said holding out his hand.
"It's nice to meet you sir" Taron said, a small smile playing on his lips.
"Is it?" Dad fired back.
"I think it is sir" Taron said, not even phased by dad's comment.
I swear I saw a glimpse of impressed in my dad's eyes.

We sat down at the table after my parents did a round of greetings. Me next to Taron, and my parents opposite.
"So, hows uni?" Mum said aiming it at us both.
"It's ok. Classes and work are manageable" I nodded.
"You're the highest in the class" Taron said before sipping on his drink.
"And what do you think about that?" Dad grinned at Taron.
"I think her work is remarkable. I've read some and the things she discusses I would never have thought of" Taron smiled and my parents nodded.
"Not jealous?"
"Not at all sir" Taron said and dad nodded.
"Let's hear more about you Taron."

Taron Mills
"What would you like to know?" I said trying to stay calm.
"Well we already know most things, but let's hear it from you" her dad smirked and I swallowed hard.
"Eli," her mother warned and Eli rolled his eyes.
"Ruth," Eli mocked and I couldn't help but smile.
They all turned to me and my hands got sweaty.
"Well, my parents are Ophelia and Jack, lawyers, I'm nineteen, I've lived in London my whole life. I went to an army summer camp two years ago and that's all really" I sighed.
"You're nineteen?" Ruth asked, seemingly shocked.
"I am"
"You don't look nineteen"
"I've been told that a lot"
"You've not got anything else in your life?" Eli asked, changing the subject, and I blushed, shaking my head.
"No sir. Not really. I'm afraid my life isn't at all interesting" I laughed and I relaxed as I saw both her parents smile.
"Well, if you're friends with my daughter then that's sure to change" Eli laughed and I saw Maggie shake her head smiling.

"Taron, lets go and see where our food is shall we?" Eli asked and I nervously stood up and followed him to the catering area.
"Sir, are we allowed back here?"
"It's my club. I'm allowed anywhere."
"This is your club?"
"It is. Do not repeat that to anyone. If you do I'll make sure you regret it. And I'm serious about that" he warned and I nodded.
"Yes sir"
"Now there's another thing I want to discuss with you. Are you planning on dating Maggie?" He asked sternly.
I took a deep breath.
"I won't lie, yes I was planning on it" I said and he nodded. "If that's ok with you?"
Eli smiled and I know I said the right thing.
"It is as long as you don't treat her badly. But I see something in you, something different from your parents." He said and I nodded.
"I don't want to be like them. Their morals are different from mine. And just for the record sir, I will treat your daughter with respect and will protect her, even though I'm certain she would be capable of doing it herself." I said and after a moment he held out his hand to me.
I shook it firmly and we both smiled.
"Eli" he said and I nodded. "Now, lets get back to the girls shall we?" He asked.

Margaret King
"Oh Maggie he's lovely" mum said and I nodded.
"I really like him. And I think he's going to ask me to be his girlfriend" I smiled and she nodded positively.
"Do you think he's asked your father for permission?" Mum giggled and I nodded.
"Most likely."
"Is he coming shooting with us next week?" She asked and I nodded. "He's never used one before has he?"
"Nope. So I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun showing him how to do it" I laughed.
"I'm so happy that you're not dating someone like us" she sighed.
"What do you mean?"
"Some wannabe gangster boy. I don't think it would be as fun. I mean, with Taron we have so much to teach him" she said and I laughed along with her.
"He's willing to learn. I've actually given him a few lessons in fighting" I told her and she looked impressed.
"Why don't you bring him over to the house? We'll teach him all we know as well if he wants?" She offered and I shrugged.
"We'll have to ask him" I whispered and she nodded as the boys sat down.

"So Taron, Maggie's been telling me your wanting to learn how to fight?" Mum said and Dad coughed on his drink.
"I am actually."
"Really? You're wanting to learn what we do?" Dad coughed.
"Well, yes. I find it very interesting" he said and I saw my dad grin. "We'd be more then happy to teach you"
"Really?" Taron said.
"Of course." Mum said and I felt an excited shiver go down my spine.
"That would be great"
"Are you sure? It can be a dangerous business. Extremely dangerous. And I don't think Mummy and Daddy would be thrilled." Dad said and Taron shook his head.
"I'm not my mother and father"