34.

Taron Mills
and Maggie had been in the safe house for four days.
The day of attack slowly pending.
She had been training me every single day.
Knife throwing, shooting, hand to hand combat. Everything.
I just loved being there with her.
Being with Maggie was always an adventure.

"Can I ask you something?" She asked as we sat next to the fire.
"Of course"
"Do you really want to face Mike with me? I mean, you don't have to so why would you?" She asked putting her face in her hand.
"Because we're in this together. I'm not letting you go on your own Maggie that's not how this is happening" I argued.
"I just don't want you to get hurt again because of me. I can do this on my own if I have to" she sighed.
I got down on my knees and knelt in-front of her.
"Margaret King we're not doing this. I'm coming with you and we're doing this together. No arguing" I said and I saw her smile.
"Thanks. And I'm sorry for dragging you into my crazy life." She giggled and my heart flipped.
"I wouldn't change anything I've gone through with you for anything. Even being stabbed" I laughed.
"I'd rather you not be stabbed" she sighed and stood up suddenly, making her way into the kitchen.

I was taken back by the sudden change. How her face changed so quickly from happy to discontented so quickly.
I didn't know whether it was something I said or her anxiety over someone getting hurt again, but I did know that something was playing on her mind.

I walked into the kitchen and found her staring out of the window into the forest.
"It's beautiful out here" I said and stood next to her.
"It is"
"Will you tell me what's wrong?" I asked hoping I wouldn't have to fight to get it out of her.
"I just can't think about you getting hurt. Not again." She said shaking her head.
"I'll be fine. I'm better trained now. I'm ready. And I'm not letting you do this alone" I said and immediately heard her scoff.
"I'd rather do it on my own. Then If anyone were to be killed then it's only me" she sighed.
"And how do you think I'd feel if you were dead?"

There was a silence.
I could tell she didn't know what to say.
It pained me to think of her death but I needed her to see it the way that I did.

"You'd be better off. You could go back to how your life was before hand. Perfect house, education, perfect life. You wouldn't have to worry about me and my silly plans and missions" she sighed. "You could forget about me"
My blood boiled.
I didn't understand how she could think that way.
How could she not see how much I cared for her?
Why didn't she understand?
I grunted and walked away from her and up the stairs, into my separate room. As I closed the door I kicked the doorframe hard, before hearing her footsteps run up the wooden staircase.
She flung open the door and brushed her hair behind her ears.
"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" She shouted and I couldn't hold it back inside me any longer.

Margaret King
It was as if Taron had become a bull and I was the colour red.
His eyes glowered as he pushed my body into the wall trapping my head in between his arms.

"No Maggie, what the fuck is wrong with you! How are you so oblivious to the fact that I'm completely in love with you?! I would do anything for you and I know I fucked up before but I love you! I love your crazy family and your crazy missions! I love the fact that every day is an adventure with you and I'm never sure what's going to happen I love that! But no. You don't see that. You just see you. You being the tragic hero." He ranted and my heart dropped.
He was right.
I never focused on anything other than being the dark mysterious girl who's parents were in a gang. I could only think about the next operation. I never thought that Taron would love me. Ever.
I didn't think that anyone could love me for me.

"You don't understand" I said and I hated the fact that I could feel tears in my eyes.
"What. What don't I understand? Enlighten me"
"You sit up on your high horse. A silver spoon shoved up your arse. You got everything you ever wanted. I had to fight for what I wanted. My parents are kind yes but they wouldn't let me or Carter get anything for free. There was always a mission involved or a task or challenge. You've never known what it's like to have no friends because everyone is too scared to talk to you. You don't know what it's like to have to lie and fight for anything in your life and you never will." I cried and Taron hung his head low.
"Your family has money" he said.
"Money that's not mine. I can't touch that money without my parents permission. That's how the family works. I have no control over my own money." I explained.
"Why? Just take it?"
"Christ you don't understand! If someone were to get into my bank account or Carter's  our whole family would be ruined. That's where all our money is. There are encryptions so deep that even I don't understand a quarter of them." I sighed and he moved away from me. "No one has ever loved me for me. Ever."
"I do. And you can't push me away. Not anymore"

 Not anymore"