27.

Taron Mills
I knew I had screwed it up with Maggie.
My whole body was filled with regret about the past few days.
I was also filled with fear, and anxiety about Mike and his constant threat.
I always had the feeling that someone was watching me, following me.
I knew that I had to stop being fearful and just get on with my life.
But it was so hard, especially without Maggie with me.
I needed her.
I was scared without her.
Even with everything Eli and Maggie had taught me I was still so scared.

But I couldn't stay in the house.
I couldn't stand being locked in my bedroom.
My parents would blame me constantly for them loosing their case against Maggie.
I couldn't deal with the constant pressure from them to be with Emily, when all I really wanted was to just be with Maggie.

I decided I would take a walk around the block and through the nearby park, just to collect my thoughts.
I couldn't blame Carter for acting the way he did.
I would be extremely pissed off at me if I were him.
I missed Maggie so much.
All I wanted was to be back in my room with her, holding her, sitting next to her in classes, secretly holding her hand under the desks.
I wanted to see her across from me in her room.
I wanted to be training with her and her Dad.
But I doubted whether Eli would ever accept me back into their house.

Walking in the park allowed me to think and just take it all in.
I was thinking about how I was going to show Maggie that I wanted her back and that I was the most sort I've ever been in my life.
"Well, well, well" I heard as I walked through the trees.
I span quickly and faced the voice.
"How did you find me?" I asked, and I knew the panic was evident in my tone.
"I've been watching you ever since the trial began" Mike grinned and I felt my palms get sweaty. "You didn't give me what I wanted"
"There was nothing more I could have done. I said what I had to say"
"But you saved her. By telling them about how she saved you, it saved her. And I'm not happy" Mike growled.
"Please! I couldn't have done more! I said the parts you wanted me to say!" I pleaded, feeling exhaustion wash over me.

I couldn't put up a fight.
When he raised his knife I knew I was dead.
I couldn't fight anymore.
A searing pain ran through my body, heating up my limbs, my chest going numb as he pushed he blade into the middle of my chest.
I couldn't fight.
I could barely cry.
As I got light headed I slumped onto the soil and watched with blurred, unfocused vision as Mike walked away from me.
I knew I was dead.
No one was around me to help.
My vision blurred more and more.
My limbs and chest feeling more and more numb, until an an angel like voice spoke out.
I could barely hear it over the ringing in my ears, but I knew it was there.
I knew someone was there.
I let myself go.
I let myself slip away.

Margaret King
I parked my car outside Taron's house and marched up to the door.
I harshly knocked and it was swung open by Ophelia.
"What"
"Where's Taron?"
"I don't know. Marched off about half an hour ago" she scoffed and I ran my hands through my hair.
"Where would he have gone?"
"I don't know! I don't track him! Why do you care?! Leave us alone!" She yelled.
Before I could respond, my phone sounded.

As I opened the message I felt like I was going to be sick.
It was a single photo.
A photo that would haunt me for the foreseeable future.
"Oh my god" I whispered. "Where's the nearest park?" I said softly, trying to push down the food that was threatening to reappear.
Ophelia pointed down the road to where I saw a bunch of green trees.
"Call the police, and the ambulance and tell them to go to the park" I said, tears in my eyes.
"And why should I do that?"
"Because your son is fucking dying!" I cried showing her the photo.
"Oh Christ" she sobbed staring at it.
"Call the police!!" I screamed before running down the road, to where the park was.

My lungs and my eyes burned.
I could barely run anymore.
But I had to find him. I had to.
I kept shouting and shouting, and I could hear sirens in the background.
I screamed and screamed his name over and over, even though in the back of my mind I knew he wasn't going to respond.

As I turned yet another corner I saw his body slumped on the ground, the knife stuck out from his chest, glistening mockingly in the sunlight.
I fell to my knees beside him.
I pulled him up so his upper body was resting on my lap.
I stroked his hair, my tears dropping on his pale face.
"Hey, you're going to be ok you know? You hear me? You'll be ok" I cried as I brushed his hair from his forehead.

As soon as paramedics reached us I didn't move.
Even when they put his body on a stretcher I didn't move off the floor.
"We're taking him to London Bridge Hospital ok?" One of the men said rubbing my shoulder.
"He'll be ok" I whispered.
"You're welcome to come with us" he said and I shook my head.
"He won't want me there" I cried and he sighed before jumping in the ambulance.

I stayed sat in the dirt until the sun went down.
I stayed in the dirt while it was dark.
I stayed staring at the pool of blood on the floor until my phone rang wildly.
"Yep" I said into the phone.
"Margaret King where the fuck are you?!" Dad yelled down the phone.
"Erm, in a park" I whispered.
"Well get your arse back home now!"
"He's dead dad" I cried.
"Wait, What?"
"He's fucking dead!" I screamed before hanging up the phone and throwing it away.

I cried and cried, letting the tears fall wildly. I grabbed fistfuls of dirt and leaves and punched the ground until I was sure my hand was broken.
"Maggie!" I heard my older brother yell in the distance.
I ignored his shouts.
"Maggie!" I heard him yell again.
I still ignored him.
"For gods sake Maggie the least you could do is answer me" Carter sighed bending down. "You've broken your hand"
"Hes dead Carter" I whispered.
"Who?"
"Taron. He's dead" I cried as Carter wrapped his arms around me. "Mike got him before I could. I got here as quick as I could but he had a knife in his chest. The paramedics took him to London Bridge but I know he's dead. He was so cold and pale"
"You don't know he's dead"
"He's dead! He's fucking dead!" I screamed thrashing around in his arms.
"Shhh" Carter whispered in my ear holding me tighter.
But I couldn't calm down.
I tried to focus on the pain that was in my hand rather than the pain that was in my heart, but I couldn't. The pain was too strong.
Far too strong.