14.

Margaret King
My head was pounding.
And the knocking on the door didn't help either.
I slid out of bed, despite my nausea telling me to stay wrapped up, and opened the door.
I groaned and opened the door further so Taron could come in.
I hopped back onto the bed and he held out a cup of coffee for me.
"Thanks"
"How are you feeling?" He smiled.
"You can sit down" I said and he sat down next to me. "What the hell happened? I feel like shit"
"You got drunk last night so I helped you get ready for bed. I hope you don't mind." He said and I blushed.
"No I don't. Thank you for not leaving me Taron" I said and he shrugged.
"I wasn't just going to leave you" he smiled and I nodded.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and sipped on the coffee.
"What are you doing tomorrow evening?" He asked and I put the coffee down before leaning back on him.
"Nothing." I sighed and enjoyed the feeling of his arm wrapped around me and his hand rubbing my side.
"Can I take you out?" He asked and i moved so I was sat upright.
"What?"
"Would you go on a date with me?" He asked and I felt my mouth open slightly.
"Seriously?"
"Maggie stop worrying about what people will say. I can see that's why you're unsure. Don't care about other people's opinions" he said and I sighed.
"Our relationship wouldn't be a normal relationship"
"I don't care! I love that." He smiled and cupped my face.
"We should hate each other" I sighed.
"We should. But we don't. We aren't our parents Maggie. We're like the modern day Romeo and Juliet" he laughed and I shook my head.
"They both die at the end" I giggled.
"Not a good example. But still. We should hate each other but we hit it off. There's nothing our parents could have done to stop that. I like you Maggie" he said and I smiled.
"My dad will interrogate you. You know that don't you" I sighed.
"And my parents will still be snobs towards you. Please Maggie. Give it a chance"
"Ok. Ok fine I'll go on a date with you" I said and he nodded.

'Pick you up in half an hour Xx'
I had no idea what he had planned.
We'd never really talked about dates or dating before.
And then he just comes out and asks me on a date.
We'd kissed and acted like a couple at the party, but making it official was another matter.
If we made it official then everyone would find out meaning our parents would find out. And I truly had no idea how they would react.
It all happened so quickly. I always told myself that I had to hate everyone here. But I just couldn't follow that with Taron.
He was just kind, and sweet and he surprised me.
He cared about me genuinely.
And that's all I wanted from someone.

I slipped on my black jeans, an orange crop top and my black leather jacket and waited for Taron.

He was ten minutes late.
I couldn't imagine Taron being late for things.
It made me nervous as to why he wasn't here yet.
But when I looked outside my window and onto the grass, I saw why he was late.

Taron Mills
"Emily, no , we're not dating!" I said as I tried to push past her without hurting her.
"Please Taron. Just for a few minutes?" She said and before I could protest, her parents had already seen us.
"Taron! How lovely to see you!" Her father said and I shook his hand.
"Pleasure to meet you" her mother said and I nodded.
"Emily's always telling us about you so we're very happy to finally meet you" her dad said and I had to fake a smile.
"Nice to meet you"
"Now, We're having a quick tour of Emily's hall and then we're going out for dinner. It would be lovely if you would join us?" Emily's mother asked and Emily nodded her head.
"Oh I'm very sorry I'm actually busy this evening" I said pulling my hand out of Emily's.
"Oh nonsense. I'm sure you can reschedule." Mr Rose said but I shook my head.
"I'm sorry sir, this evening is very important to me" I said confidently.
"No matter. Just come and walk with us and then we'll go to dinner" her dad said and I sighed.

Emily's room was right next to Maggie's so I wouldn't be long.
I sighed and nodded.
They tried to make conversation with me about my parents and law and school and I hadn't been so bored in a long time.
I could already picture the exciting conversations I would have with Maggie's parents.
We would actually talk about fun things and do cool things and not just mundane things.
I just couldn't wait to go out with Maggie.

"And this is my neighbour" Emily grinned and knocked on Maggie's door.
I prepared myself for her to be angry.
She cautiously opened the door and Emily slipped her hand in mine.
By the time I pushed her off, Maggie had already seen.
"Mum, Dad this is Marg-"
"Oh my god I'm not a circus attraction! I'm a human being! With real feelings! And Emily Rose if I ever see you outside my door again I will personally scream at whoever I have to, to get you moved!" Maggie said loudly, and I saw tears start to spill over her eyes.

Margaret King
I was furious.
How could he do that to me?
Just ditch me for her.

"Maggie Wait!" I heard him yell.
"What do you want?!" I yelled back, trying to walk down to the courtyard through my tears.
I never cried.
I hated crying.
Especially in front of people.
As I pushed past the branches to get to our secluded section Taron pulled my arm.
"What do you want! You want to just rub it in my face that you never liked me and had a girlfriend all along! You want to come and tell me you're only talking to me because it makes you look cool!?" I yelled and his face fell.

"How could you think that?" He whispered.
"Oh I don't know Taron, maybe because you were holding hands with her and walking round with her parents and seemingly forgot about our date" I said letting the tears fall freely.
"You're so stupid" he said and held my waist. "I've been waiting all day for our date. It was the only thing I wanted to think about. I was actually on my way to you early." He sighed.
"What about Emily then?"
"She has this idea in her head that we're dating. She came to me as I was on my way to you and told me her parents were here. I told them what I thought but her parents insisted I came with them. Hell Maggie they asked me to go to dinner with them!" He said a slight laugh at the end.
He pulled me into his body and I wrapped my arms around his neck.
"Maggie you need to stop thinking that everyone's against you. I like you. And I want to slowly weave my way into here" he said tapping on my head.
"I don't like letting people in. If you let people in, there's more chance of getting hurt" I whispered against his chest.
"Get this into your head right now. I'm not going to hurt you like you think I am. Maggie, you just have to let me in a little" he said and stroked my hair.

He held my shoulders and I nodded, wiping away my tears.
"I like you Maggie" he said and I nodded.
"I know. I'm just having to get used to someone liking me" I sighed.
"Good" he smiled cupping my face gently.
"What did you have planned?" I asked and he shrugged.
"I didn't have anything planned. I was going to let you choose. I just wanted to spend time with you" he said sweetly.
"We could go and get some food?" I suggested and he nodded.
"That sounds perfect"