15.

Taron Mills
"You've never had fast food?" She gasped.
"No. Mums never let me"
"You're not real" She said as we walked into the fast food restaurant.
"Let me pay" I said and she smiled.
"You don't have to. I have money"
"It's our first date I'm paying. You can pay for the tenth one" I winked and she smiled taking the money from me.
"Right courtyard, go and sit down I'm ordering for you"
"Stop calling me that" I said as she swayed away.
"Nope" she giggled and I went to go and sit down.

I watched her as she ordered and waited, before taking a tray and bringing the food back to the table I was sat at.
I was desperate to break the silence we were in as we ate.
"What did you think of me when we first met?" I asked and she shrugged.
"You're a snob, don't like you, and you definitely do not look eighteen" she laughed and I shrugged.
"I'm not eighteen I'm nineteen. My birthday was literally the day before the first day"
"You don't look nineteen"
"Don't I?"
"No. You've got loads of facial hair" she giggled.
"No I don't. Well, not anymore. I shaved this morning" I smiled and she rolled her eyes.
"You just don't look nineteen" she said and I nodded.
"I've always looked older than I am. I can't help it" I shrugged.
"You look fine?" She said, and it sounded more like a question.
"Wow. Thanks"
"You know you're attractive Taron" she blushed.
"Nope"
"Shut up" she giggled and threw a chip at my face.
"Thank you though. I think you're attractive as well" I said and she blushed.

"There's this ice rink down the road and I wanted to know if you would like to go with me?" I asked and she nodded.
"Ok. But, there's also a new shooting range opening that my parents want to take me to in a week or two and I wanted to invite you" she said almost nervously.
"You want me to go shooting, with your parents? Are you serious?" I gulped and she shrugged.
"You don't have to. I was just asking"
"I want to. Just, make sure they don't murder me please?"
"Why don't we go for dinner together before hand?" She said and again I gulped.
"Ok"
"This weekend?"
I just nodded. I was scared that if I spoke she'd see how truly nervous I was.

"My parents are actually really cool Taron. My dad will scare you and threaten to have you killed but he doesn't mean it. If I like you then he won't touch you" she said trying to reassure me.
"Right"
"I've already told mum about you. She's just happy I'm finally being a teenager" Maggie laughed and I nodded.
Oh god.

Margaret King
"Hello" I spoke down the phone.
"What do you want Maggot?"
"Shut up Carter. Put me on speaker with mum and dad" I scoffed.
"We can hear you Margot. What's wrong?" Dad said and I looked to Taron who looked nervous.
"Dad I need you to just calm. Ok?" I said and I heard mum sigh.
"Here we go" Carter laughed, "who have you killed this time?"
"No one you prick" I growled.
"Maggie whats going on?" Mum said and I sighed.
"Well, I was wondering if you would like to come out to dinner tomorrow?" I asked.
"Good idea. The Emerald?" Dad asked and we all agreed that we'd meet there at seven.
"There's one more addition to that" I said.
"Yep"
"I want you to meet Taron" I said slowly and there was silence.

"Is Taron a boys name or a girls name?" Dad asked and I rolled my eyes.
"Does it matter?"
"No, unless it's a boys name, then it matters" he said.
"Eli I've had enough of you now. You've never had an issue with Carter brining round girls so stop being an asshole when it comes to Maggie bringing boys to meet us!" Mum yelled.
"Thank you Mum. You'll like him Dad" I said.
"Does he know how to fire a gun? Fight? Work money? Run a club? Know the law?"
"Not all of those. But some"
"Then I won't. Especially if he's planning on being your boyfriend"
"Oh fuck off" I said before hanging up the phone.

"Sounded intense" Taron said as we sat down on his bed.
"He's an idiot. Please come?" I begged and he smiled.
"If you want me to then I will. He doesn't scare me Maggie"
"He will do" I sighed and I noticed that Taron swallowed hard.

Taron Mills
Even now I couldn't predict it wouldn't go smoothly.
But if she wanted me to meet her parents this early on then I would for her.
I had a constant battle going on in my mind.
I didn't know if it was too soon to ask Maggie to be my girlfriend or if it was ok.
We acted like a couple, but we had only been on one date, and didn't really know each other extremely well.
I knew I liked her. And I was pretty sure she liked me like that as well.
It was a real battle in my mind.
I didn't know what to do.

"What's going on up there?" Maggie asked and ran her fingers through my hair.
"Just thinking about the dinner" I said, which was partially the truth.
"Don't worry about it Taron. Dad may seem scary but it's true what I said, he won't touch you" she said and put her hand over mine.
"You sure about that? Because by the sounds of it he wasn't happy" I sighed.
"He's not. But once he meets you he'll be happy." She smiled.
"Are you sure?" I asked and she smiled nodding her head.
"Is there anything I should not talk about?" I asked and she shrugged.
"Not really. Just be yourself. Honestly Taron you'll be fine" she said and I sighed.

"Do you think its weird that I'm meeting your parents?" I asked.
"What do you mean?"
"Well we're not dating. And in the grand scheme of things we haven't really known each other that long" I said being cautious so I didn't upset her.
"Don't come if you don't want to." She shrugged.
"I want to. I do. But don't you think we should be dating before we meet each other's parents?" I said.
"I don't know. I don't know how all this relationship stuff works Taron" she laughed and I shrugged.
"However we want it to work. But I will tell you this. I'm not just going to ask you now. I want to make it special for you" I said and she smiled.
"Taron,"
"No no I want to. I have to" I told her and she smiled.
"So you're going to ask?" She asked.
"I might do. If you're lucky" I grinned and she lightly pushed my face away.

"Do you want to stay?" I asked her as I could see she was falling asleep in my arms.
"No I can't" she groaned, but her eyes remained closed.
"Are you sure? You can stay if you'd like to" I shrugged but she sat up and rubbed her eyes.
"It's wrong"
"Why?"
"I'm not your girlfriend" she yawned and stood up.
"Does that really matter right now?" I groaned.
"Yes. I'll come and get you tomorrow ok?" She said walking to the door.
"Maggie?"
"Yes?"
"Don't I get a kiss goodnight?" I smirked and she rolled her eyes.
She walked back over to where I stood next to my bed and kissed my cheek lightly.
"See you tomorrow" she giggled before walking out of my room.

I fell asleep imagining what the dinner tomorrow would bring, and if I would actually walk away from it with no bruises.