"I don't know babe," He started. Y/N shook her head, smiling. "They've got me wrapped around their fingers."

---

"C'mon princess," Ethan said, pulling the 3-year-old into the cart. Joy squealed as he strapped her in. "Okay, guys, I need you two to go get two boxes of cereal and two boxes of pasta," Ethan said, looking at the picture of the grocery list he'd taken. The boys nodded but asked their questions at the same time.

"Any kind of cereal?" Josh asked at the same time Kian asked: "Any kind of pasta?" Ethan nodded.

"Whatever kind, doesn't matter," Ethan said, strolling the cart as Joy took his phone from him. "Come find me when you get everything. The boys nodded and ran off together.

"Daddy!" Joy shouted as they rolled past the fruits and vegetables. Ethan looked down at her. "Gapes?" She asked. Ethan smiled, turning into the aisle.

"Sure," He said, knowing it was the little girl's favorite fruit. She watched in awe as Ethan grabbed a bag of grapes, the most filled bag he could find and placed them in the front next to her. She opened her mouth wide and Ethan chuckled. "Don't tell mommy, she'll kill me," He said as he ripped a grape from the stem and fed it to Joy. She chewed on it and giggled the unwashed fruit.

"Yum!" She said as Ethan grabbed a few apples, finding a bag to put them in. "'cados!" She said, pointing to the bags of avocados next to the apples. Ethan laughed, grabbing a bag.

"I don't know why you like fruits so much," Ethan said, grabbing a bag of clementine's before she could even ask. "What else is on her list?" Ethan asked himself, checking the phone Joy was holding. She held it up for him with her little hands and he checked it.

"Candy?" She asked innocently, knowing her daddy was gonna say yes. Ethan sighed, looking at her. Joy gave him a little smile and made her eyes big.

"Okay, okay, FINE," He said. Joy giggled and clapped her hands. Ethan smiled, shaking his head as he scanned the table for bananas. "Wanna get some raspberries?" Ethan asked her, putting the bananas in a plastic bag before putting them in the cart.

"'Sperries?" She asked. Ethan chuckled, rolling the cart over and holding up a box. She nodded and he put them in her lap. "'Sperry?" She asked, prying the lid off. Ethan smiled and took the box from her.

"Let's stick with grapes for now, okay?" He asked, holding another grape to her mouth. Joy giggled, chewing on it. "What's taking your brothers so long?" He asked as he rolled past the pastries, knowing if he stood by too long she'd be asking for those too.

"Joshhh?" Joy asked, looking around. Ethan chuckled as she called her other brother too. "Ky!" She yelled. Ethan put a hand over her mouth as she became too loud.

"Shhh," Ethan whispered. Joy giggled. "Oh, here they come," Ethan said, rolling the cart over to the two boys, running in their direction.

"Dad," Kian said out of breath. "We got them," He said. Ethan smiled as the boys put them in the cart.

"Wanna go get me some almond milk and-" Ethan stopped himself short as he caught sight of the shelf in the store. "I think we should get detergent," Ethan said to himself, picking the bottle up.

"Almond milk?" Josh asked again. Ethan looked up from the label and nodded. "We'll be back," They said in unison, running off towards the milk.

"Alright, let's call mommy," Ethan said, taking the phone from his daughter once again. She frowned as he dialed y/n's number, but smiled once he winked at her. "Babe?" Ethan asked once the line picked up.

"What?" Y/N spat out. Ethan raised his eyebrows and leaned over to push Joy's hair's from her eyes.

"I was just, uh, wondering if I should get laundry detergent?" He asked. He heard something fall and a groan. "Y/N?" But she cut him off before he could even finish her name.