Case 088. Next Chapter👮

"Next Chapter"

ALEJANDRO
The ceremony has started, they all gathered in the hall except with Alexis who's in the clinic taking up rest. Agad niya itong dinala sa clinic nang himatayin ito. She wants to go with them but the nurse advised her to take some rest.

"First of all I want to thank all of you who made it today to award our police officers who did exceptional works in resolving crimes in Sherlock Capitol. Mahirap ang trabaho ng isang pulis, police officer will never 'off duty' you are dedicated police servants who sworn to protect public safety all the time. Matutulog na lang kayo babangon pa kapag nakatanggap 'call of duty' kaya naman saludo ako sa inyong lahat!" the new-elect president smiled and look at their direction.

Isa-isa silang umakyat ng stage sa pangunguna ng kanilang hepe. The new elect president has a wide smile—a very proud smile—on his face as he handed them their medals and certificates. Ang mga medalya at certificates na iyon ay ang patunay ng kanilang tagumpay. Kasabay rin ng pagtaas ng kanilang mga ranggo, Si SPO1 Niel Ty ay tumaas sa ranggong SPO2 na habang ang dalawang babae at parehong umakyat ng PO2 mula sa mga ranggo ng mga itong PO1, Si Ivan at tuwang-tuwang dahil sa wakas at naging PO3 na ito, pareho namang umakyat ang ranggo nila ni Tobby bilang Senior Inspectors.

He waited for this for a long time, but he guess... he did not need the promotion anymore. The chaos has ended. His heart is also free from sorrow and sadness.

"Greatness will always starts with a good leader. Once again thank you Sherlock Capitol Police District for bringing the justice we'll all looking for," the smile on President still plastered on his face as he ended his speech.

Pagtapos ng seremonya ay masaya silang nagtipon-tipon sa mesa. Napuno ang gabi ng kwentuhan at tawanan.

Alejandro look at the people around him. He can finally able to sleep at peace. He will finally leave a normal life just like before...no crimes, no sorrow nor sadness just a peaceful life with his family.

•••
The next day Chief Asaytuno announced his retirement. His co-police officers was shocked but he's expecting this anyway. Wala namang nabanggit sa kanya ang hepe pero alam niyang gusto na rin nito ng tahimik nabuhay kasama ang pamilya tulad niya.

"Chief paano na kami dito kung magreretire na kayo?" Ivan said, looking at the Chief with a frowned.

Chief Asaytuno tapped Ivan's shoulder and smile. "Capitol is finally free from the RDV Ivan. It's the right time for me, to be with my family. But don't worry for sure someone will take over my position, ang paikusap ko lang sa inyo...respect him the way you respected me. 'Wag kayong mag-alala dahil dadalaw pa rin naman ako dito. Isa pa, you can always call me to ask for a help or advice. PO2 de Jesus I'm always free, you'all know how to contact me."

Ivan smiled. "Talaga Chief?"

The chief nodded and smiled to everyone.

Since everyone is here, he took the chance to say goodbye formally. Katulad ng hepe, he needs some time with his family. Especially that they're just reunited again. They have a lot of things to catch up. He also hates to say goodbye, but he think he needs to. His family needs him more than anyone else.

"Me too..." he said in a very low tone and ready himself for any violent reaction from his team. As he expected, all eyes was landed on him when they heard him said that.

"Anong ibig mong sabihin Inspector?" unang nakabawi sa pagkagulat si Kath at nagtanong.

No one talk after that, they just look at him waiting for an explanation. He smiled bitterly before answering her. "Just what Chief Asaytuno said, Capitol is finally free. My family needs me. Alam n'yo naman na ngayon lang ulit kami nagkasama-sama. I want to spend time with the them. My father plan to sent Mom to stage para doon magpagamot, and I decided to go with them.