Case 014: False Accusation 👮

"Set-Up"

TOBBY
He was excited to hear that he has a new assignment but he was disappointed to know what kind of assignment it is: Away-bata! Iyon ang na-assign sa kanya.

But what interest him is to know who the victim was; anak ng isang mayamang businessman na si Eduardo Wang. He was the owner of famous chains of department store here in Capitol. Stockholder din at ang may pinakamalaking shares sa school kung saan nag-aaral ang anak na si Rica Wang, ang biktima. She was still unconscious at hindi parin gumigising dahil sa aksidente. She was already sent to the nearest hospital and the suspect is her classmate, also a sr. highschool student named Nathalie De Vera.

The two allegedly quarreled because of a man. But he wasn't here for that, all he needed to know was what happened before the accident.

"What really happened? I'm not asking what caused their fight!" the students gathering around him started to get into his nerves. He doesn't care about the love triangle they say. He wanted to know what exactly happened before the accident.

"Tinulak niya nga si Rica sa hagdan chief!" He is an inspector but he can't blame the kid for calling him chief. People always address police officer as chief to give respect or simply beacuse they don't know how to address them.

"That's what I want to hear!" he said and look at Nathalie who's still in shock.

With tears running down on her face Nathalie finally speak. "Hindi ko po siya tinulak maniwala po kayo sa akin!"

"Tinulak mo siya! Cause you're insecure and gold digger bitch!" the first girl, who'm he thought and obviously Rica's friend, said.

"Hindi ko po magagawa 'yon Arrianne, alam mo yan! bawiin mo 'yong sinabi mo."

"Tinul---"

"Enough to this argument," saway niya sa mga ito. "Sa presinto na kayo mapaliwanag!"

"Pero sir..." Nathalie protested but the arrogant Inspector doesn't even bother to look at her.

He took them to the precinct for interrogation and called the victim's parent. He smiled after talking to the rich businessman.

ALEJANDRO
He and his team just entered when they heard the commotion inside interrogation room. Base sa tono ng boses, sigurado siyang si Tobby iyon. What's with him this time? He asked himself. Nakita niya ang isang PO3 na si Van Sibi at nagtanong dito.

"PO3 Sibi, anong nangyayari sa loob?"

"Oo nga tukayo, anong nangyayari d'on?" Ivan also asked.

"Si Inspector Santiago po, pinipilit niyang umamin 'yong bata pero ayaw umamin nung bata," sagot nito na sinamahan ng pag-iling. "Sa tingin ko din Inspector wala siyang kasalanan."

Alejandro rushes inside the interrogation room to interrupt, it's not his thing but this time he knows that he have to act.

"What's wrong here!?" As expected Tobby ignored him and continued questioning the poor kid.

"Sabihin mo na ang totoo!"

"Iyon po ang totoo."

"Umamin ka na, tinulak mo siya!"

"You are not interrogating her... You're harassing her, forcing her to admit that she committed the crime that obviously she did not did!" he can help but too shout what's on his mind. Alam niyang mali ang ginagawang pangingialam, but he can't tolerate injustice inside this precinct, not on his presence.

Pagak na ngumisi at humarap sa kanya si Tobby. "Inspector Garcia..." the good for nothing inspector got out form his chair and walk towards his direction. "Since when you started meddle with my business?"