Case 012: Missing Case 👮

"Resolution"

ALEXIS
"This is a LRN number," they both said after analyzing the series of number written on the note.

"Now, we just need to find out whose LRN it is," Alejandro said and for how many times she can't even count, he ran again. She did nothing but follow him. It stopped at the registrar's office and asked the woman there. The woman at the front desk gave Alejandro a quizzical look when he put down the piece of paper in front of her.

She knew Alejandro had no plans of explaining so she approached and asked the woman. "Ate LRN, now we'll just ask who owns that?"

The lady picked up the paper and take a look at it. "I'm sorry but we can't disclose information---"

"Even if it helps with the death of the vice president of the student council?"

Binalik ng babae ang papel sa binata. "Sorry Sir, pero kahit ano pang dahilan, hindi kami pwedeng magbigay---"

"Miss, if you're afraid of losing your job, sagot ka namin. And besides, we can say that we gathered information on our own, and you didn't provide it."

She understand the afraid expression on the woman's eyes. He knew the woman was just afraid of losing her job.

"Pero kasi...."

"Are you really afraid of losing your job or are you afraid of the person who paid you? "But Alejandro have dissenting opinion, the woman is not afraid of losing her job.

"Teka pagbibinta---" hindi na natuloy ng babae ang sinasabi nang muling itong putulin ng binata.

"Just make sure you're not here when we intrude this place." Alejandro left leaving her and the woman hanging.

"Sandali lang--- Inspector!" sigaw niya pero hindi siya pinansin nito.

•••
Tinupad ng binata ang sinabi. Kinagabihan ay nanloob ito sa registrar office. Hindi pumayag si Alexis na hindi sumama dahil alam niyang delikado ang gagawin ng binata. At least kung may mangyari man, naroon siya para matulungan ito.

They climbed the fence at the back of the school and were able to enter without making any noise. They don't waste their time and headed to the registrar office.

"Watch out here while I look for something," Alejandro commanded her and turned on his flashlight.

She looked around, no one was there. He glanced at the inspector inside. He's making sure of his move the flashlight he's holding is pretty clear. She is afraid that someone will notice them because of that light. But how can they find the record if they don't have a light? From the distance, he could hear the crumpling of papers.

"Hoy dahan-dahan ka naman, baka magusot 'yan!" Humakbang siya palapit dito at sinaway ito.

"Wala na!" he said out of nowhere

"Ano?" naguguluhan naman na tanong niya.

"Wala na dito 'yong record niya."

"Ano?!" her voice raised. Her eyes grew wider when he shush her with his finger on her mouth.

"'Wag kang maingay may tao."

"Ha?"

"Shhh!"

Alejandro squeezed the end of the shelf and pulled her away. Now, she's under of his embrace. Pinantatakip kasi nito ang leather jacket sa ulo nila kaya nasa ilalim na siya. He also turned off the flashlight he was carrying.

"Nakasarado na bang lahat?"

"Opo Sir."

Dinig nilang usapan ng isang teacher at ng guwardya.