Unexpected Love (2/2)

"Where are you going?" I ask. "Just stay here, okay?" He says. I watch with concern as Matthew walks up to the karaoke machine. He's never liked karaoke or being in the spotlight, so he must be very remorseful if he's going to sing me a song.

"Hello everyone, I want to dedicate this song to one of the most important people in my life right now. I love her both as a friend and a lifelong companion. Though we have reached a rough spot, I wanted her to know that I love her when she feels that she's incapable of love." He says into the mic.

He nods to the man who was in charge of karaoke and a soft guitar melody started to play through the speakers.

"You and me
We were made for love
A lifetime is not long enough
To show you
What you mean to me
And when you're feeling down or blue
I'll be waiting right here for you
So I can
Give you what you need
And like a breeze
Meets a fire
And gives flight to an ember
I'll watch you light
Up the sky
And I hope that you remember
Oooooh Oooooh Oooooh
I'll be waiting here for you
When you come home
When you come home
Oooooh Oooooh Oooooh
I'll be waiting here for you
When you come home
When you come home
To me"

He continues to sing and I realized that a) he was a pretty good singer b) he loves me more than a friend and c) I love him more than a friend. He finishes the song and I meet him midway from the karaoke stage. I cup his cheeks and press a passionate kiss on his lips, earning claps and cheers around us. We both pull away and take deeply breathes.

"The second that this baby is out of me, taken cared for and babysat-" "I know, sweetheart. And I promise you, I will treat you better than Jackson ever did.