Foursome? (2/3)

"No, Y/N. I couldn't ask you to do this. You're a guest." She states.

"But I'm a guest who loves to help out. What do you need me to do?" I ask as I roll up my sleeves.

She looks at me with her hands on her hips.

"I have another mix of Mac n' Cheese and stuffing in the cupboard." She states.

I nod and wash my hands. I dry them and reach into the cupboard.

"Do you have an extra apron?" I ask.

She nods and hands me one. I thank her as I tie it around my waist.

"Okay, lets get this started." I say.

**

There I stood with a cup of wine in my hand as I wait for my Mac n' Cheese specialty to cook. I finished the stuffing and poured into the turkey.

The oven dings and I take out the Mac n' Cheese. I place the turkey into the oven to cook. I wipe the cheese off of my hands and walk out of the kitchen.

"There's the Thanksgiving Saver." Izzie says.

I smile and scan the room for Adam. He sits next to Alex and they seem like they are having a good old time. I stand next to Adam's chair and Adam smiles up at me.

He buckle my knees so I sat in his lap and I said:

"Adam! I almost spilled my wine!"

"It's just wine." He says before placing a kiss on my lips.

"Wine stains take forever to wash out." I say.

He leans up until our lips collide again. We both slowly pulled away and he presses a kiss on the back of my shoulder.

Izzie's P.O.V.:
There she is. With her perfect smile and perfect hair, sitting on her perfect boyfriend's lap.

I just met her an hour ago and I'm threatened beyond existence. There were plenty of people who were smarter than me and better than me when I was in college. But this? This is something else entirely.

"Hey Izzie, are you okay?" I hear George ask.

I am snapped out of my thoughts and I say:

"Yeah. Yeah. I'm fine, why do you ask?"

"Oh nothing, just the fact that you tore two napkins to shreds. No biggie." Cristina states sarcastically.

I look down at my lap to see shreds of napkins sitting there.

"Cristina." Burke warns.

"What! It's true. Look at her, clearly she's in distress." Cristina defends.

"Why are you in distress, Izzie?" Meredith asks.

"Can we talk in the kitchen please?" I ask in a hushed tone.

Meredith, Cristina and George all stood from the table and followed me into the kitchen.

"What's going on, Iz?" George asks.

"Nothing it's just... I feel sad whenever I look at Y/N and Adam. They just look so perfect, so .... happy. Alex and I can't compare with that. And have you seen the way he looks at her? It's like he's in love with her or something." I admit.

"Who's to say you have to compare yourself to them? They don't know what you've been through. You don't know what they've been through.... Don't live your life comparing yourself with someone else. Because if you do that, you will never be content with yourself. You will never have the self confidence to know that you are smart enough." Cristina states.

"There will always be someone better than you, that's just a matter of life. But you're self confidence is what define who you are." She adds

We all look at her in awe.

"Where did Zen Cristina come from?" George asks.

"What? I can give good advice when I feel like it." Cristina snaps.

"I mean you could always have a foursome." Cristina suggests.

"Cristina!" We all say in unison.

"Life is more than just sex, Cristina." George says in a hushed tone.

I rest my elbow on hat he arm that's outstretched across my stomach. I bite on my nail with nervousness.

"Look, she's thinking about it." Cristina states.

There was silence until George says:

"Izzie, you're not actually considering this are you?"

"I mean.. what if it works.. what if this helps him notices me when Y/N visits.." I say.

"If you can pull it off, tell me how it goes." Cristina says before she leaves the kitchen.

Meredith walks out with her too, which leaves me with George.

"Are you sure about this?" He asks.

"Yes... Maybe." I trail off.

"I don't know! I need to do something." I add.

"Well good luck with that." He says before he leaves the kitchen.

**

"Hey Y/N. Can I talk to you for a second?" I ask.

"Sure." She states.

"Okay so um.. I had an idea to regain Alex's attention. It seems like of weird idea at first but.. I was just hoping we could.." I trail off.

I run my fingers through my hair and sigh. My cheeks warm with embarrassment.

"It's okay Izzie. Just tell me." She reassures.

"Can we have a foursome?" I ask.

"You know, me and Alex and you and Adam." I add.

"No, I'm.. I'm well aware of how foursomes work but uh.. why?" She asks as she rubs the back of her neck.

"Because I saw the way he looks at you and I... I'm beginning to question if he loves me when you are around. If we do this, then maybe he will notice me more-love me more." I explain.

"Well, you could do something else that doesn't involve... but yeah, I know how you feel." She states.

"Will you think about it?" I ask.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll think about it. I'll have to ask Adam too." She states.

She gives me a small smile before walking back into the living room.