Study Time (3/4)

I flip through the channels of my TV as my brother relax on the couch. Then the doorbell rings, Theo and exchange a look before looking back at the door.

"Are you expecting anybody?" He asks.

"No." I say as I stand from the couch.

I open the door to see Jackson on my doorstep. The booming thunder shakes the ground beneath us as the skin-piercing rain hits the both of us. The wind carried the ripe smell of wet earth into the house. His wet clothes stuck to his muscular frame and the water droplets dripped from his face.

The cold water is making his skin lose color as he shivers in attempt to warm himself up.

"Oh my God, Jackson." I say before I pull him inside.

I shiver at his touch and I lead him into the laundry room. I pull out a towel and wrap it around his body. He grabs onto the towel with a white knuckle grip and says:

"I'm s-s-sorry. My friend, she kicked me out of our apartment and I have nowhere else to go."

I shush him as I use another towel to dry him down. He sits down pulls me close to him for heat. He burrows his face into my hug and releases a slow breath.

I still feel his touch winces every now and then. I drag him upstairs to my room and give him a pair of Theo's clothes to change into.

"I give you some privacy." I say as I start for the door.

"N-no! Could you please stay?" He asks.

I nod and stay in the room as Jackson changes his clothes. I grab some blankets from my closet and lay some on the bed. I take the thickest one and wrap it around his shaking frame. I sit down next to him and rub the sides of his arms.

He rests his face into my neck again and rubs his hands together. I enclose his hands with mine and blow hot air on them. He sighs in satisfaction and closes his eyes.

I pull back the covers and wince as Jackson places his cold hands on my warm body, but I push through it. I intertwine my hands with his and he says:

"Thank you."

"Shhh. Go to sleep." I say.

Eventually, his shaking minimized and his breathing slowed as he slept.

**

"Y/N?" Theo whispers as he steps into my room.

I lift my head slightly and look at him.

"Is he okay?" He asks.

I shake my head no, then he asks:

"Is he going to be staying here to a while?"

I nod my head and he sighs before he says:

"Then I better do some grocery shopping."

"I love you." I mouth.

"Love you too." He mouths back before he closes the door.

I gently lift Jackson's hand to spin around and face him. I gaze at him as he sleeps. Small tears escape his eyes and I wipe them away. I snuggle myself into his neck and press a kiss there. He pulls me closer and silently sobs into my shoulder.

"Shhhh, it's okay." I whisper.

**

It's been a few weeks since Jackson has been staying with Theo and I. Surprisingly, Theo and him get along pretty well. I think a bromance might be starting. But when I told Jackson that Theo and I were going to visit my family for Christmas, he seemed sad and frantic.

"When will you be back?" Jackson asks as finish packing up my suitcase.

"I'm only spending a week there; we'll be back before Christmas Eve. We're just helping our parents decorate the house for Christmas. We do it every year, they can't get things done as fast as they used to. But, I will call you every day to check in on you, okay?" I say as I put on my jacket.

He sits on the bed and give me his adorable puppy eyes. I rest my suitcase against the wall before I walk over to him and press a reassuring kiss on his lips.

"Do you have to go?" He asks as he snakes his arms around my waist.

"Yes, I do. But I will call you, I promise." I say.

And with that, Theo and I took a taxi to the airport.