Them (3/5)

"Is there a problem over here?" I hear Jackson say from behind me.

I look over my shoulder to see Jackson, Owen, Matthew and Alex behind me.

"Well isn't this cute. Look honey, the bitch managed to bang all these guys. Now look at them, trailing after her like lost puppies." Dad says over his shoulder.

Before he could fully turn around, Matthew punched him in the face. Dad stumbles back and brushed his thumb over his lip. He looks at his thumb to see his own blood.

"This one got fire. Just like you did," Dad says.

Matthew pushes my Dad into the wall and angrily punches him in the stomach and face.

"Matthew, stop. You're going to get in trouble. Stop it, Matthew. Please!" I say, holding onto Matthew's arm.

I tug him toward me and Owen and Alex help me hold him back.

"Take him to the on call room until I'm finished." I say to them.

They both nod and drag an angry Matthew out of the room. The room went silent and consisted of stares between one another. Dad has a busted lip and a bruise forming under his left eye. He coughs more blood into his hands and Jackson says:

"Ok, that looks nasty. Do you need me to take a look at that?"

Dad eyes Jackson skeptically.

"Or not, and let it get in infected. I don't care." Jackson adds.

"Can she do it? She knows how to clean a wound, right?" Dad asks.

"No, she's not going to-"

"It's fine Jackson, I can do this." I say.

Jackson looks at me skeptically and I nod, signaling him to leave the room.

"I'll go get the materials, I'll be right back." I say before leaving the room.

**

It's been five days and my Mom and Dad are still in the hospital. They are beginning to affect my sleep, big time. The fact that DeLuca is suspended does not name matters better. Bailey and Webber completely understood why DeLuca did what he did.

But my Mom and Dad being the pains that they are, wanted something to be done for a doctor attacking the family of a patient. They wanted an apology from him and DeLuca refused. Thus, he was suspended for five days. And I feel like it is my fault.

But thankfully, my parents are leaving today. And then everything with go back to normal.

I am snapped out of my thoughts by DeLuca wraps his arms around my waist and burying his face into my neck. He left small, warm kisses up the base of my neck and I hum softly.
I am standing on the balcony of my apartment and was engulfed in my thought as the sun slowly rise from its slumber.

"You don't have to go, you know. I'm pretty sure that Owen or Jackson will be willing to take over for you." He says before pressing a kiss to my ear.

"I know they would. But there's something that I want to say to them alone." I say.

"It's about that girl isn't it?" He asks.

"She has to know that there is someone who is there for her. She's young and she's all alone. Nobody deserves that." I say.

"I know.. I just.. I don't want to see you hurt. I promise to not let you get hurt by them again." He says.

"And in the event of doing that, you got suspended from work for five days."  I say.

"Hey," He says turning me around to face me.

His light green orbs burning into my Y/E/C ones.

"That was not your fault. That was my choice." He says.

"Because of me. You did it because of me." I say as he cups the side of my face with his hands.

"I did it because I love you. And I don't regret anything." He says.

"I truly don't," He adds

His eyes drifts from my eyes to my lips before leaning up and capturing mine in a passionate kiss.

**

I was filling out my charts for my patients when I saw the young girl all by herself. The girl that my Mom and Dad brought with them. She looks like she is in deep thought about something, which reminds me much of myself right now. Always in thought about something. Her thin, black hair hangs next to her face as she sits in the chair with her elbows rested on her knees and her finger laced in front of her.

"Kary, would you mind monitoring all of my patients until I get back?" I ask the nurse.

"No, not at all." She says.

"Thank you. Remind me to bring you back an iced coffee." I say as I give her a wink.

"Hey sweetheart, what's your name?" I ask as I approach the young girl.

She inhales sharply and winces before looking up to meet my gaze. My heart shatters as I realize that she thought that I was Dad, and she genuinely got scared. They really have been abusing her, just like they use to abuse me.

"My teachers say that I'm not suppose to talk to strangers." She says softly.

"That is completely true. But do you want to know something?.. those people you came with are your parents, right?" I ask.

She gently shakes her head and I add:

"Well, I'm their daughter; which makes us sisters."

"You're my sister," she asks.

I nod and she adds:

"Did they hurt you like they hurt me?"

I nod again and she relaxes a shaky breath.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Naomi. Naomi Renova." She says.

"That is a beautiful name for such a beautiful little girl," I compliment.

"Would you like to go out for some ice cream? Clear your mind for a little bit?" I offer as I approach the young girl.

"N-no thank you," she says softly as she tucks a few strands of hair behind her ears.

"It's doesn't have to be ice cream. It could be a burger or a sub." I say.

"I'm not hungry. But thank you for the offer." She says.

And almost as if it were on cue, her stomach grumbles angrily at her denying the offer of food. She looks at me as her cheeks redden with embarrassment.

"It's okay, I know a nice burger joint a couple blocks from here, and an small ice cream shop right near there too." I say.