Meeting DeLuca (1/2)

Today is first day that I am on the job here at Seattle Grace Mercy West. Monday was my interview and I got the call saying that I got the job, the next day. I am more than grateful to Chief Bailey and Richard Webber for allowing me to work here and make things happen.

I release a shaky breath as I step into the E.R.

"Incoming!" I hear a voice say behind me.

By instinct, I dash to a corner and turn around to see a red headed woman wheeling in a patient with a huge piece of debris stuck in her side.

"Nice reflexes," the red headed woman says with a smile.

She ran through hallways and started announcing the women's BP, breathing sounds and for background of her injury. I scurry towards the elevator and when I heard a loud boom, I immediately turn around. When I do so, a firm chest runs into me, sending me flying to the floor.

I link my hand behind my head so that my head wouldn't be injuried. I let out a huff of air as my body falls onto the smooth floor tiling. The person who ran into me, fell onto my chest and all of his weight knocked the wind out of me.

After a few seconds of laying there, I look down to see younger man in intern looking scrubs. All I could see was his dark brown hair from the angle that he was laying. From his lack of movement, I would say that he was sleeping. This intern was sleeping on my chest!

"Are you.. sleeping on me?" I ask.

The man snores himself awake and says:

"What?"

"Get off of me," I say sternly.

He inhales sharply as he sits up, straddling my waist in the process.

"Wha- who are you?" He asks.

"I'm Y/N Y/L/N, the new Oncology doctor. Who are you?" I ask.

"I-I'm.. I am.." He trails off as he looks deeply into my Y/E/C eyes with his light green ones.

I take this moment to look examine his facial features; this guy is a definite cutie. He has a light peach fuzz on his amazingly sharp jawline. His cute button nose in proportion of his face and his smooth-looking dark pink lips. The darkness beneath his eyes suggest that he hasn't slept all too well last night.

"I'm.." he stumbles.

"You're 'I am'? Should I call you Vision?" I ask.

"N-no, sorry. It's just.. been a really long night for me and-"

"DeLuca! What are you doing with the Dr. Y/L/N!" Chief Bailey yells, causing all the attention toward us.

"What?" DeLuca says.

His eyes widen as he realizes that he is straddling my waist.

"Oh my God! I am so sorry, Dr. Y/L/N! I-I'm..." He says as he stands from the ground.

He extends a hand to me and I take it before hauling myself up.

DeLuca kept stumbling over his words and his cheeks turned pink with embarrassment.

"Oh for God's sake, spit it out DeLuca!" Webber teases.

"Kenner paged me to help with her impaled patient-"

"Then why did we catch your straddling the new doctor? What were you trying to make a move on her?" Chief Bailey says.

"N-no, of course not! I just-"

"Okay, I think this has resulted in a huge misunderstanding." I interrupt.

"So can we please stop yelling at one another and let me explain what happened." I add.

"Alright," Dr. Webber says.

"I was walking towards the elevator, when I heard a loud boom coming from the E.R. When I stopped and looked, I wasn't paying attention and DeLuca and I ran into each other. So we are equally at fault here." I explain.

"Oh.. well are you okay. You didn't feel anything break or pop, did you?" Webber asks.

"No sir, I'm golden. Thank you for asking." I say.

I look over to DeLuca to see him looking at me like I just saved his life, maybe I just did.

"I am on my way to getting changed, is there any list of patients you want me to see first, or..?" I say.

"Yes! I do. Meet me back when you're changed, we'll discuss it more." She says.

"Great,"

"Great,"

Webber and Bailey walk into the E.R., leaving me and DeLuca alone once again.

"Thank you, so much. That would've been hell for.. well for forever." He says.

"No problem. The last thing I want to do is cause problems on my first day." I say with a smile.

DeLuca looks at me with a small sparkle in his eye, and I didn't know what to do with it.

"I'll uh, see you around DeLuca." I say before walking towards the elevator.

"Right, you're a beautiful woman." He says, when he thinks that I was out of hearing range.

I smile to myself and walk onto the elevator when I hear the ding.

**

"Damn, who is she?" I hear a man says.

I slam my clipboard against the nursing station, causing some of them to jump. I have spent this entire week, tolerating the nasty words of interns, other doctors and residents because I didn't cause any drama on my first week. But I am reaching my limit, and when I reach my limit, I tend to say not so nice things.

"Yeah, she's got the hips of a salsa dancer and an ass like a Brazilian twerker. My god, the things that I would do he-"

"Really?" I say loud enough for the asshole to hear.

"Really? You speak obnoxiously loud, saying disgusting things about me. And for what? To see my reaction? To see if I'm a bitch or a doormat? Or just to elevate your minuscule amount of manhood?" I add, making the whole room silent.

"I've tolerated this far too long for my liking, and all because I didn't want to start any drama. But you know what, I don't care anymore. Let me make this perfectly clear to every man in this room who finds me attractive enough to make such crude comments. If I hear the slightest murmur, regarding my hips, thighs, ass, chest or any other part of body. And I will slap you so hard that you will forget your name." I say.

"I'm a black belt in brown belt in Brazilian jujitsu and a black belt in Taekwondo. I'm just throwing it out there for credibility and as a challenge, for the punk who thinks he had the balls to try to something." I add.

After a moment of silence, I hear loud claps and whistles coming from the women on the floor.

"Yeah, you tell em' girl!" Bailey yells.

I release a deep breath and push my hair off of my shoulders. Good work, Y/N, you've set your mantle for respect. Good for you, now you have to go back to check on your patients.