Study Time (Jackson) [1/4]

A/N: Okay, so the first three series of imagines: "Why Me?", "After Math" & "The Tragedy of Seattle Grace Mercy West" have been linked together. But this new one is different. Hope you guys like it. 😇
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey." I say as I approach Arizona and Altman.

"Hey, you up for a baseball game tonight. It's not a competition, just for fun." Arizona suggests.

"Sure! Who else is going?" I ask.

"Us, Sloan, both Greys, Sheppard, Torres, Avery, Karev and Bailey." Arizona says.

"Talk about an elite team." I say.

"Ugh, speaking of Avery." Altman states.

"Uh-Oh, what happened this time?" Arizona asks Altman.

"Who's Avery?" I ask.

"Jackson Avery, a third year resident from the Mercy West Merging. He has third grade handwriting, he knocks over the instruments in my surgeries and he organizes the charts in numerical order instead of critical order. He doesn't know the basic procedures!" Altman rants but whispers the last part.

"At least he is easy on the eyes." Arizona states.

"True, True." Altman says.

"Guys, don't be such critics." I say.

"Why are you defending him?" Altman says.

"Ooo. Maybe she likes him." Arizona suggests.

"Ha, ha, ha. Very funny." I say with a hint of sarcasm in my voice.

"I'm defending him because I was the exact same way when I was a resident. I have a lot of anxiety and self doubt, which lead me to making a lot of mistakes. And I am naturally clumsy, so that didn't make things better." I add.

"I'm just saying to give in another chance, you can be surprise how fast someone can clean up their act." I finalize.

I pick up my rounds and walked to my patient's wing. I walk passed these two attractive men; I think on of their names is Karev. Once I walk passed them, I felt eyes a pair of eyes on me.

A part of me wants to turn around and another part says to keeping walking forward, so that's what I did.

**

"Dr. Y/L/N?" I hear a voice call behind me as I get changed in the resident's locker room.

"Yes?" I say after I put on my shirt.

I pull my hair out from under my shirt and look to see an attractive man with well toned skin, light blue eyes and dark pink lips.

"Hi, I'm Jackson Avery, and I just wanted to say thanks for defending me early today." He says.

"Ah, I knew I felt someone staring at me while I was leaving." I say.

"That wasn't what I meant to do, it's just that-"

"Chill Avery, I was just joking." I say.

He sighs in relief and rubs the back of his neck. I slide on my pants and put on my jacket.

"If you need help with any procedures, I could teach you and let you lead some if you want." I suggest before grabbing my bag and walking out.

As I wait for the elevator to open, I hear footsteps patter against the floor.

"Wait, you're serious?" Avery asks as he catches his breath.

"Yeah, we can start tomorrow morning. I'm a stickler for helping people out, so it's really no problem. Make a list of what we need to practice and I'll help you do it." I say.

He looks at me like I am some kind of goddess.

"Were people ever this nice at Mercy West?" I ask.

"Nowhere near." He responds.

"Well then there is one of many reasons why Seattle Grace is better." I tease.

"Can.. walk you to your car?" Avery asks in a cautious voice.

"Sure." I say.

** Jackson's P.O.V.:
It's been a week since Dr. Y/L/N has helped me learn and practice new procedures. I do my best not to let my emotions get in the way of me learning, but it's a lot harder than it seems. It's only been a week and I already feel warm and fuzzy whenever I hear her name. My heart flutters when I see her smile or hear her voice.

There just something about her sparkling doe eyes that makes her so appealing.

"Good morning, Eli." I hear her greet.

I look up from my chart to see her wearing ankle high boots, dark wash that hug her curves perfect and a thin white shirt. Her wavy, dark brown hair sways as she walks to the resident's changing room.

"Good morning, Dr. Y/L/N." I greet.

"Good morning, Dr. Avery." She responds.

After she changes, she checks her rounds before she meets me in the skills lab.

"Hi, what would you like to work on today?" She asks.

"Could we do a laparotomy?" I ask.

"Joining the big leagues huh? Okay, I'll do it. If you tell me why one would do a laparotomy?" She challenges.

"One would do a laparotomy as an exploring technique if the patient complains about pain and we are unable to detect it in a ultrasound, cat scan or MRI. An alternative would be a laparoscopy, which are smaller incisions in the abdomen." I say.

"Sounds like somebody did their homework. Okay, let's find you a laparotomy." She states.

"Wait, wait.. I want to ask you something." I ask.

My heart races as her Y/E/C orbs burrow into my light blue ones. She tucks a strand of hair behind her ear and says:

"Sure, what's up?"

"I-I... um." I say nervously.

I wipe my sweaty palms on my scrubs as I say:

"I wanted to take you out to dinner- I-if you don't mind. I know that it is unethical to get involved with your co-workers but I can't help it. You're just so... perfect."

A small smile tugs at her lips before she says:

"What time?"

She twirls a strand of her hair between her fingers as she waits.