Them (DeLuca) [1/5]

My toes curl and my back arches as DeLuca hits that G-Spot perfectly. I claw at his back as his hips moves in perfect sync against mine. He whisper sweet, Italian nothings against my neck as he nips it.

A loud moan leaves my lips as he speeds up his pace. I clench my legs around him and he lifts me into his lap. He wraps his arms around me and captures my lips in passionate kiss. His thrusts slowed as we both came.

My body went limp in his grasp and he slowly set me down on the bed.

"Sei cosi bello," He says before pressing a kiss to my temple.
(You're so beautiful)

"lo dici così tanto che in effetti sto iniziando a crederci." I say.
(You say that so much, I'm actually starting to believe it)

"questa è l'idea," He says.
(That's the idea)

DeLuca and I have been seeing each other for about a month and a half. And things have been going well, we've been to three dates and we've been hanging around one another more times than not. By the way he looks at me, it looks like he is in love. I should have known he would fall for someone so easily. But for me, it's not that easy.

I've had a bad break up a couple years ago, with someone that I was so in love with that it hurt. His name was Emerson and we met at Duke University in North Carolina. He took a trip to the Middle East to study Arabic. Three months turned into six months and six months turned into a year and a year turned into two years. The elongation never stopped, but I still waited for him to come back before breaking things off.

What can I say, long distance relationships don't last. It was best for the both of us when we parr ways. Since then, I've been less open about falling in love again- or at all for that matter.

"We should probably take a shower, we have to get to the hospital in two hours." DeLuca says as he climbs out of bed.

He grabs a towel and looks over his shoulder as he asks:

"You comin'?

I bite my lip before climbing out of bed myself. I walk over to him and he carries into the bathroom like a groom would his bride.

**

DeLuca and I walk into the hospital hand in hand.

"Alright love birds," Bailey greets.

"Move those buns, we have a long day ahead of us. There has been a boating accident." Bailey adds.

"Oh crap," I say and drag DeLuca towards the elevator.

We rush into the locker room and change into our scrubs within two minutes. DeLuca and I then run back into the elevator to go to the E.R. I pull my hair into a high ponytail as I trot toward E.R. I grab the yellow cover and hand DeLuca one as well. We tie each other's back strings and we walk out to treat another incoming patient.

"This is Bobby Moreno. He is hypotensive with a bp of 85 over 50. He flew off of the ship and fell onto the dock. There is a huge piece of wood stuck in this man's side and he believes that small pieces of the wood is making its way to his heart." The paramedic says rapidly as she rolls him in.

"We need to send him up to the E.R. immediately. If even one of those pieces gets to his heart, that would make his heart beat with twice as strain as it needs. If more of them collect in his heart, it could burst right in his chest." I explain.

"I'll go with you," DeLuca says.

I nod and say:

"Page Dr. Pierce. I'm going to need her consult on this."

"Tell her to meet me in OR 3," I add.

"Got it," he says.

**

Dr. Pierce said that she would close up for me so I could take a deep breath and calm myself down. Bobby Moreno was a friend of my parents- my abusive parents. My parents who didn't give a damn about my education, my life, my future or even me in general. They were sitting in the gallery, watching as I operated on their friend. When is looked up and saw them, I just froze.

Pierce read my body language and she offered to close up. I said thank you before scrubbing out and rushing out of the O.R.

I walk towards the nearest room with a lock and I hear DeLuca call after me.

"Y/N," he says.

I continued to walk and he calls my name again.

"non adesso," I say over my shoulder.
(Not right now)

I felt a hand on my wrist and I am pulled into an empty patient room. DeLuca locks the door and gently pushes me into the door.

"Cosa c'è che non va?" He asks as he cups my face.
(What's wrong?)

"Nothing," I say.

"Don't lie to me." He says.

"Hey.. you can trust me." He adds as he caresses my cheeks and looks deeply into my eyes with his light green orbs.

"What's wrong, baby?" He asks.

I release a shaky breath and a few tears slip out.

"Those people.. in the gallery. They were my abusive parents that I grew up with my entire life. They are the reason why I moved clear across the country. I did it to run away from them, to run away from all of the pain they had caused me. They didn't know where I was, and now they do. So now they are going to find every excuse to come over here, to make my life miserable." I explain.

"They're going to follow me." I add.

A sob escapes my lips and I bow my head. He pulls me into his chest and pressed a lingering kiss on my forehead.

"They're not going to lay a hand on you. You hear me? I'll die before I let them hurt you again." He says softly.

I push him away slightly and say:

"I'm not scared of them. I've been training myself for years for his moment. I'm not scared, I'm angry. I'm angry that they are here- I'm angry that they found me."

"Then what are you going to do about it?" He asks.

"I'm... I don't know what I'm going to do. That's another reason why I am angry." I say.

"Then you should probably figure it out before we leave here." He says, leading me towards the chairs.