Devastation (2/5)

Alex left hours ago and Y/S/N has been throwing me looks ever since.

"Any more and you'll strain your eyes." I say as I fold my throw blanket.

"It's obvious that you like Alex, and it's obvious that he likes you. So what are you waiting for?" She asks.

"I'm not... affectionate like everyone else. The only person I was affectionate with was.." I trail off.

"Mom?" She adds.

"Yeah, and I don't even know what to do anymore. It's so much easier being cold and bitchy than to be warm and caring. Because when you're warm and caring, you become vulnerable to hurt, pain and love. I was like that after Mom's death and don't want to feel that again." I explain.

"Who's the day that he will hurt you?"

"Y/S/N, you always get hurt with you are in love someone. It may not be then and there, but eventually either you or the other person screws up. And nothing would be the same." I say.

"He cares about you, Y/N."

"I'm pretty sure all he cares about it getting into my pants."

"Y/N-"

"No, Y/S.N. Can't we please just drop it?" I ask.

"Fine, but just know that you have to open up to someone eventually. I just hope that someone is Alex." She says.

"But on another note, Dad emailed me." She adds.

"Oh here we go." I says.

"He wants to see us." She states.

"He didn't want to see us when Mom died. Instead he left us with Aunt Y/A/N and enlisted in the Marines." I snap.

I walk into the kitchen to pour me a cup of apple juice.

"He is trying to right his wrongs." She says as she follows me.

"Come on, Y/N. Give him a chance." She adds.

"I can't make any promises." I say.

There was silence and I lean onto the countertop. I rub my temples with my index and middle fingers.

"We should go ice skating, you know, to get our minds off things." She suggests.

"And to give you some time to think about things." She adds.

I huff and say:

"Sure."

We get ready and walk out of the house. The crisp, fall air stung our cheeks as we walk towards the car. We wrap the jackets around our bodies and hop into the car to leave.

I turn on the car and turn up the heat. I blast Kelly Clarkson as we drove off to the nearest ice skating rink.

I travel down the highway and stop at the red light. I turn my signal on and wait for the light to turn green.

Once it did, I proceeded to turn. I hear a large honk coming from my right side, Y/S/N's side.
Before I can react, I see a huge tractor trailer hurling towards us. The trailer hit us and our car skidded to the side.

My head bangs against the glass and flew forwards to the steering whee. Pain surged through my brain and my vision started to blur. Black wisps came across my line of sight.

I hear Y/S/N screaming and I look over to see the grill from the trailer hit her on her temple.

The impact from the truck made the side of the car cave into itself. Crushing Y/S/N's legs in the process. Blood is pouring from her nose and abdomen.

"Y/S/N." I say weakly.

"Hello? Hey! Are you okay?" I hear a man ask.

"Call the ambulance, please." I say.

"Okay, I will. Just try not to move." He states.

"And try to stay awake." He adds before he leaves.

"I can't... I can't..."

I look over to see Y/S/N  unconscious.

"Help .... me." I say before falling into the dark abyss known as unconsciousness.

**
Alex's P.O.V.:
"Karev, Yang. Go down to the lobby and put as many incoming patients on gurneys as possible." Dr. Bailey direct.

Cristina and I nod and jog the elevator. We reach the lobby and see two familiar women on a gurney.

Y/S/C  colored skin tones, Y/H/T Y/H/C hair, Y/E/C  eyes...

The rose tattoo on her collarbone....

The scar right above her eyebrow from running into a wall when she was eight.

"Y/N!" I exclaim.

I run over to her and place my hand on her forehead.

"Y/N! Y/N! Can you hear me?" I ask.

Her reaches over to touch my wrist. She looks up at me and her breathing started to increase.

"No, no. Don't speak." I say.

"Alex." I hear Cristina say.

Y/N squeezes my hand as they roll her gurney away.

"No,no,no." I say under my breath.

"Alex!" Cristina says.

"What?!" I say.

"She's in bad shape. Are they twins?" She says.

My heart sank as I see Y/S/N on her gurney. She has a deep cut across her forward and her legs are completely crushed. She has a piece of a car lodge into her abdomen.

"Oh my God." I say.

"Y/S/N? Y/S/N!" I say.

No response.

"Get her to the I.C.U. now!" I direct.

I jog up to where they are rolling Y/N. Doctors file into the room as they stabilize her. They tore open her shirt and check for any cuts and broken bones.

"Y/N, where does it hurt?" I hear Doctor Bailey ask.

Y/N doesn't say anything, she just touches her head.

"Karev! Page Dr. Sheppard!" Bailey directs.

I nod and dash through the halls to the neurology wing.

"Slow down." A nurse warns.

I don't stop running until I see Dr. Sheppard.

"Dr. Sheppard! We need you in room C120. She has blunt hit to the head. She's been in a car accident and she's... she's my friend. Please help her." I say.

"Okay, Karev. Show me where she is." Dr. Sheppard states.