The Affair (4/5)

"So.. who have you been doing?" An intern asks as she leans next to my locker.

"Huh? I haven't been doing anybody, I have no idea what you're talking about." I say frantically.

I pull off my top and pants before I start putting on my scrubs.

"Oh really? Because uh... those tell me a different story." She says pointing to a colony of hickeys trailing down my collarbone.

I mentally curse at Jackson for being so damn territorial.

"It's no one," I lie.

"Uh-huh. According to those hickeys, he is definitely someone who's passionate about his work, I can tell you that." Another intern teases.

"Oh shut up, you're just jealous that you're not getting any." I snark.

We make our way to the Chief Hunt to direct us where to go next.

"Alright guys, lock it up," Dr. Hunt says.

He already designated all the rest of the interns and he left me for last.

"Y/N Y/L/N, you're with Dr. Avery today." He says, looking up from his clipboard.

My heart sunk when those words left his mouth. I haven't been put in Plastics since I've been here. I've been between Trauma and General Surgery for most of my intern year.

"Oh okay," I say softly before hesitantly making my way to the Plastics Wing.

I stuff my hands in the pockets of my white lab coat as I stroll into Jackson's office. He sits at his desk as he signed important papers regarding the Board.

"Hello there, I'm assuming you are my intern to.." He trails off as his eyes meet mine.

"Um... I thought we agreed to keep our relationship at home.."He adds.

"We did but um... Dr. Hunt assigned me to Plastics today, so.." I explain.

"Oh.. Well then." He says before clearing his throat.

"Then we should check on my rounds." He says, passing me.

I follow him to a young patient who had facial reconstruction surgery.

"Hello, Margaret. How are you feeling today?" Jackson asks.

"I don't know if I should be thanking you for changing my face or kick your ass for the fact that I can't feel my face." She says.

I chuckle at her words and this catches her attention.

"Well hello there beautiful, I haven't seen you around here before. Not that I'm complaining."  She compliments as she scans my body.

I tuck a curl behind my ear and Jackson looks back at me.

"Do you want me to check her, or do you want to?" I ask.

Before he could answer, Margaret says:

"I wouldn't mind if she checked me out."

My cheeks started to burn with embarrassment. My heart races with excitement when I notice that Jackson has a tinge of jealousy in his eyes. I clear my throat before I take out my small light to check her eyes. I turn on the light and shine in her left eye, then her right. I tell her to follow the pen and she follows my command.

"Her optical and dilation responses are good, now I'm going to check her heart for any sudden murmurs." I say before putting on my stethoscope and placing it on her chest.

She takes this opportunity to touch my hair and slowly trail her hand down my arm.

"You know, I should take you out to dinner after my face heals up and I get out of this place." She says seductively.

"Um.. Her heart and breathing sound normal." I say to Jackson.

"And I'm not getting involved with anyone at the moment." I add, trying not to look at Jackson.

"Well that's just a shame. That means that you have no one to tell you how beautiful you are. To tell you have a slight twinkle in your eye whenever you smile. To tell you how perfect your cheekbones are. You are literally the most gorgeous woman i have ever met, and if someone doesn't show you that, sooner or later I will." She says.

I look to Jackson and his eyebrows are furrowed with annoyance. He places his hands on his hips as he ponders about what to say next.

"We will be checking in on you later, okay Margaret?"

"See ya later, gorgeous." She says before I left.

Jackson stood there, almost as if he wanted to say something. I grab him by the lab coat and drag him out of the room.

"Come on, let's just finish our rounds." I say.

I take a clipboard from the stack and walk to the room of the next patient. Suddenly, I am pulled into a supply closet. I look to see Jackson closing the door.

"So that's it?" He asks.

"What are you taking about?"  I ask.

"You were just going to let her flirt with you in front of me? You may not have flirted back but, you didn't seem to mind how she touched you." He explains.

"Only I can touch you like that." He adds as he steps closer to me.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I thought that we had a no-strings-attached relationship?" I sarcastically.

He walks me against the wall and placed his hand next to my head, boxing me in completely.

"And I also thought that this relationship couldn't be taken place at work." I add.

"Y/N, if you say one more word, so help me God.." he trails off, as his lips brush up against the shell of my ear.

"Don't bring him into this," I whisper.

He pulls my pants off and wraps my legs around his waist in one quick motion. I gasp as he presses my back against the wall of the closet and left kisses down my neck.

"You are mine," he says in between kisses.