What Do Trials Mean?

"Why Is This Happening? What Did I Do?"

   Now, we've all faced trials. Some of us have even gone through our own version of hell, and because of this, one mistake that we often make is blaming God for it. Whether you've just had the thought for a moment or have gone so far as to scream curses at him, we've all had times in our lives when we thought, why isn't He doing anything?

   Some even turn their backs on God because He didn't fix their problems how or as quickly as they wanted. It's important to understand that the Lord has every little detail of our lives figured out. He knows exactly what he's doing, therefore, we shouldn't feel the need to fret so much over what he hasn't done yet.

   I myself have struggled with trusting God to do what's best for me. That bit about screaming curses at God actually happened with me, which is strange, considering I don't even like to swear in general let alone at God Himself! Of course, I repented immediately, but no matter the reason I had, it was wrong of me to do such a thing. And because I've experienced this myself, I want to do my best to help you understand what's going on.

   I know that sometimes it's much bigger than just a toxic friend or a boyfriend/girlfriend that's cheated on you — although, don't get me wrong, those aren't exactly happy occasions. But in some cases, you don't have food on the table, someone in your family might be in the hospital, you could be fighting suicidal thoughts, ect., in which case, it's pretty difficult to not lash out at God for not solving the problem. But deep down, we all know that's not the way to go. It doesn't help the situation at all.

   So next time you wonder, why is this happening to me? remember this:

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."

~ James 1:2-4

"More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not push us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."

~ Romans 5:3-5

"Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed."

~ 1 Peter 4:12-13

"Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love Him."

~ James 1:12

   These trials thrown your way are not merely meant to torment you — they are meant to make you even stronger than you already are! They teach you life lessons, they give you courage, they strengthen your relationship with the Father. God would never just sit back and watch us suffer unless He knew for sure that we would be alright in the end — if we trust in Him.

   How we deal with it is simple, one of the easiest things we'll ever do. We just have to pray and let God know that we're willing to let Him take over and fulfill His plan for us. We have to submit to our Father, knowing that He knows what's best for us.

   Never forget how much God loves and cherishes you. He will never forsake you. He will certainly allow the devil to challenge you, but He will still be watching over you and embracing you. Because of this, the devil cannot touch you unless you or God allows it, and if God allows it, then rest assured He knows exactly what He's doing.

"When You don't move the mountains
I'm needing You to move
When You don't part the waters
I wish I could walk through
When You don't give the answers
As I cry out to You
I will trust
I will trust
I will trust in You"

~ Lauren Daigle ('Trust In You')

    God bless!! 🙏🏻

   ~ Promise 💫