"No. I think you will become my dinner. Isn't that right-"

The vulcan stopped speaking suddenly when they turned to talk to their friend, who is now a stone statue.

"What the- what's going on?" The vulcan questions.

"We are taking you down to take back the stone and save our friend. Be prepared you punk!" Laxus declares as Bickslow and Evergreen stand next to him.

"Ha! Don't make me laugh, what are you going to do, throw sparkles at me?!" The vulcan laughs loudly.

"Dragonslayer Secret Art: Roaring Thunder!" Laxus yells.

A huge wave of lightning comes hurtling towards me and the vulcan. The lightning is so bright that I shut my eyes tightly and feel a sharp, burning sensation rush past me. The intense light fades and I open my eyes to see the vulcan shaking from the electric shock. I smell the burnt fur on the vulcan as I still recover from the attack myself. I try to wriggle out of the vulcan's clasp, but it is no use, it still has enough strength to hold me captive.

"Freed is still trapped up there!" Evergreen exclaims.

"Not for much longer. Shield your eyes Freed!" Bickslow commands.

I close my eyes like Bickslow asks; however, I'm still very tempted to open one eye to see what is going on.

"Don't open your eyes Freed! Bickslow is using his figure eyes!" Laxus warns.

Of course! That's really clever, I hope it works.

I wait with anticipation and slight worry as to when I will drop out of the vulcan's hand. I wonder whether the others have realised that I will hit the ground as soon as I am released.

I feel gravity pulling me towards the ground as I open my eyes slowly and see myself slipping out of the vulcan's hand. The good news is that Bickslow has managed to control the vulcan, the bad news though, I'm falling!

I shriek as I plummet towards the hard forest floor, my eyes squeezed shut as I prepare for a heavy landing. I stop falling suddenly, yet I'm still moving. I turn my head and open my eyes, Evergreen's face being the first thing I see. I observe my surroundings and notice that Evergreen has wings! We're flying! I look down below and notice Laxus delivering the final blow to the vulcan and retrieving the stone that we needed.

"You ok there?" Evergreen asks with a smile.

"Yeah... how are you flying?" I ask.

"It's all thanks to you, this is one of the fairy spells that I have learnt by reading that book you recommended to me." Evergreen explains as she lowers towards the ground.

Evergreen puts me down and I try to get my balance back, my legs still a little shaky from the whole ordeal.

Laxus runs towards us with Bickslow and he places his hand on my shoulder.

"I will have to have a word with you later, but I'm glad you're safe." Laxus says with a serious tone, until he starts laughing, Bickslow joins in too.

"Huh? What's so funny?" I question.

"Your hair, your bangs have turned into properly shaped lightning bolts." Laxus replies with a smile.

Evergreen gets a compact mirror out of her bag and hands it over to me. I open the mirror and notice the new hairstyle that amused Laxus.

I pat my head to squash the strands of hair down, only for them to spring back again.

"Are they permanent?" I question.

"Let's see." Laxus replies.

Laxus strolls closer to me and tries to flatten my lightning bolt bangs. Every attempt Laxus made failed every time, it was quite funny, but it also felt nice as Laxus was stroking my head.