"Daddy!" She said, handing me her keys. I smiled, taking them and shoving them into my pocket as I strapped her into her car seat. "Kay get better," She said, reaching over to pat his head. Kayden grinned at her.

I shut the door and got into the driver's seat. Starting the car and driving towards the hospital, I handed my phone back to Kayden. "Here bud, can you call mom and put it on speaker for me?" I asked. He took it from me and began to dial y/n,

"Hello?" I sighed as y/n picked up. "Grayson?"

"It's me," Kayden said. I could practically see y/n frowning. "We're in the car," He told her.

"Practice doesn't end for another half hour, what happened?" She asked. I sighed. "Is it raining?"

"No, I got hurt," Kayden said. I winced as I stopped at a stoplight. Kaitlyn giggled as she almost flung out of her car seat. She clapped as I started the car again.

"Give the phone to you dad, honey," Y/N said. I held my hand back and Kayden handed it to me. "Grayson, what happened?" She asked. I sighed and put the phone in the cupholder.

"He got into a fight, leg looks bad so we're going to the hospital," I told her. Y/N gasped and I heard the sound of her own keys. "You don't have to-" She cut me off.

"You don't have any of his stuff, I'll meet you at the hospital," She said. I sighed and nodded, even though she couldn't see me. "Okay, drive safe, love you," She mumbled, as she started the car.

"Love you, too, see you soon."

---

"Kay okay?" Kaitlyn asked again as we waited in the waiting room. I nodded and she turned in my lap. "I wanna see Kay!" She shouted. I put a finger to my lips.

"Shhh," I said. She immediately covered her mouth with her hand and giggled. "Kay's okay, mommy's with him," I told her. She nodded at me.

"Kay sick?" She asked. I shook my head and she frowned. "Doctor?" She asked.

"He's not sick, the doctor's just going to wrap up his leg," I whispered. Her eyes widened.

"Present?" She asked. I chuckled and shook my head.

"No, Kay's leg is broken," I mumbled. Kaitlyn nodded and turned around. I sighed as I tightened her pigtails.

We waited quietly in the waiting room spending time watching the news on the tv and coloring in the book on the coffee table. "Mommy!" Kaitlyn whispered pointing to y/n walking into the room. I smiled, standing up with Kaitlyn on my hip.

"Everything good?" I asked as we walked over to her. She nodded and smiled.

"He's got a cast, but besides that, it's fine," She told me. I nodded and smiled at her. "Wanna come see your brother's cast?" Y/N asked Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn nodded and reached out to y/n and I passed her over.

We walked into the room and Kayden was sitting on the bed, looking at his now cast clad leg. I smiled. "How's it feel buddy?" I asked. He frowned up at me.

"Itchy," He frowned. I smiled. "When does it come off?" He asked, poking at the blue cast.

"In a couple of months," I told him. "Can't play soccer till then, bud," I told him. His eyes widened and he shook his head.

"What no, I can play in this thing," Kayden said. I chuckled and shook my head. "Yeah, look," He tried to get off the bed but I pushed him back.

"Not with the crutches your about to get, you're not," I told him. He frowned. I sighed and patted his shoulder. "Soon buddy, don't worry," I said. He nodded.

"Okay, we're gonna go get a snack," Y/N said, referring to her and Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn nodded and clapped her hands, waving bye as they left.

"Bye," Kayden mumbled, looking down at his soccer shorts, frowning.

"Why'd you fight him bud?" I asked, sitting up next to him on the bed. Kayden sighed and looked down at his one soccer cleat.

"He called Kaitlyn stupid because she fell when she was walking to you on the grass," He mumbled. I sighed, and put an arm around his shoulder, pulling him into me. "He was being mean and I got mad so I-" I cut him off.

"You were standing up for her, but you shouldn't have jumped on him, bud," I said softly. Kayden shrugged and sighed.

"Sorry," He mumbled. I shook my head.

"Don't be sorry," I said. "I know you love your sister, but you can't beat kids up like that, dude," I said. Kayden grinned up at me and laughed.

"Uncle E said that," He said. I chuckled and shook my head.

"Yeah, we tend to do that."