Chapter 34: True Love Endures

Five months later.

"Alright," Catherine sighed. "Did you pack everything?"

"I think so," Matt nodded.

"I'm going to miss you," Catherine pouted. "Have fun."

Matt pulled her close to his chest.

At the same time, their son kicked.

"I don't think Lucas likes being squished," Catherine chuckled.

Matt smiled and then frowned slightly in thought. "Lucas?"

"I was thinking about names," Catherine shrugged. "Lucas was my favorite. What do you think?"

"It's perfect," Matt agreed.

Cath nodded. "Well, you should go now, if you want to catch your flight. I love you, Baby. See you soon."

"I love you too," Matt smiled, pressing his lips to hers. "I'll be back soon."

"Alright," Catherine nodded as Matt shut the door behind him.

"He will be back soon," Charlotte smiled, wrapping an arm around her sister's shoulders.

"I know," Catherine sighed.

"Bye, Dad," Logan said softly.

"You ready, kid?" Catherine chuckled.

"I suppose," Logan sighed.

Cath sat down on the couch, pulling her son onto her lap.

Charlotte turned on Phantom of the Opera, and Lotte and Lizzy came running over to watch with them.

—————

"Hey, Babe," Mari sighed. "Have you seen Will's pacifier?"

"No," Josh sighed, closing his eyes. "Gosh, he just won't stop crying, will he?"

"He'll be fine once I find his pacifier," Mari shrugged. "Can you hold him for a minute?"

"Yeah, of course."

Mari gently placed the boy in his father's arms, and almost instantly, he stopped crying. "I should have given him to you earlier," she said, staring at the pair in wonder.

Josh stared down at William in awe. "I think I have super powers," he chuckled.

"I think so too," Mari laughed, kissing her husband's cheek.

"He's gonna be more clever than all of us," Josh smiled softly. "I can tell."

"Possibly," Mari chuckled. "Aw, he loves you."

"Not as much as my Amy," Josh chuckled.

"I don't think anyone could love you as much as Amy does."

"Maybe not. But the way I see it, she took all the love I have for her and all the love you have, and kinda bundled it up together. So when she loves strong, it's really just us loving each other."

"Yes, well, I think you need to start showing some of that love back."

—————

"Charlotte! Char, get in here!" Catherine yelled frantically from the kitchen.

"What?" Charlotte questioned, rushing into the room. "Wha- oh, gosh. We need to get you to the hospital. I'll call Carlos and have him watch the kids."

"No, no, I can't have the baby. Matt isn't here," Catherine moaned.

"We'll call him and tell him to get over here. Flights from London to Paris are only about an hour, so he should make it in time."