Chapter 23: Three Years Later

"I miss the old apartment," Lotte pouted.

"W-we've been living here f-for t-two years, Lotte," Logan sighed. "Get o-over it."

"I miss the old apartment too," Catherine sighed, peeking her head in the doorway. "But the penthouse has a lovely view, doesn't it?"

"I guess," Lotte shrugged. "Do we have to go to preschool?"

"Yes, you do," Catherine nodded. "Come on, let's go."

Lotte ran off to go say goodbye to Matt.

Logan huffed and cleaned up her toys for her. "I d-don't want change."

Catherine scooped him up into her arms. "I know, Sweetheart," she sighed. "But you'll do well at school. You're super smart and I love you for it."

"I'm n-not smart," Logan said firmly.

"Yes, you are," Catherine chuckled. "Now, it's time to go to school. Ready?"

Logan nodded reluctantly. "Ready."

Catherine drove the twins to the preschool. "Have a great first day. I'll see you soon," she smiled, kissing their foreheads.

After making sure they were okay, Catherine got in her car and returned home. "Hey, Matt?"

"Yeah," he said, looking the opposite way.

"Something wrong, Hon?"

"I feel like I've lost them," Matt laughed shamefully.

"You haven't lost them. They'll be back in a couple hours," Catherine smiled softly. "Why don't we spend some time with Lizzy?"

"Right," Matt said with a sigh. "Lizzy."

"She's so quiet. It scares me sometimes."

"I'm thankful," Matt moaned. "It's the first time we've had some quiet in years."

"I don't know," Cath sighed. "It's weird."

"We'll have to wait and see," Matt nodded.

Catherine wrapped her arms around his waist. "How about we let Lizzy play by herself, and you and I can spend some time together?"

"Nah. When we had the twins, we spent every moment with them. I want her to get just as much attention."

"Lizzy," Catherine sighed, "come here."

"Yes, Mommy?" Lizzy smiled, peeking her head around the door.

"Daddy and I want to spend time with you."

"I'm hungry," Lizzy sighed.

"What do you want for lunch?" Catherine chuckled, lifting up her daughter.

"Samwitch."

"Got it," Catherine laughed, kissing Lizzy's cheek before setting her down. "I'll make it now."

"Okay," Lizzy grinned.

"Come here, kiddo," Matt chuckled, sweeping her up.

Lizzy wrapped her arms around her father's neck. "Hi Daddy," she smiled, kissing his cheek.

"Hi, baby. How's my little girl?"

"Good," she grinned. "Where did Lotte and Logan go?"

"Out for awhile to school," Matt smiled.

Lizzy frowned for a minute, trying to remember what her mother taught her the night before. "Are you and Mommy going to have another baby?"

"Where's that question coming from?" Matt chuckled.