Chapter 20: Just Someplace

"Where is she? What happened?" Matt asked worriedly, bursting through the door.

"She's asleep," Carlos shrugged. "Long story short, she was dehydrated and passed out. Fortunately, I found her and called Jack. He gave her an IV. She'll be fine."

"What is wrong with these people?" Matt murmured. "She's okay, though?"

Carlos nodded. "The idiot survives on like an ounce of water a day and it finally caught up to her. She spends so much time caring for others that she forgets to take care of herself...You know, she thinks that you hate her."

"What?!" Matt frowned. "Carlos, that's enough. You need to go."

He nodded. "Call me if she needs anything."

"Yeah," Matt said with a glance to the door. "Sure."

Carlos gave a small nod before departing.

—————

"Hi Amy," Logan smiled softly.

Amy gave a big grin, her eyes focus intently on the boy.

Logan touched her cheek gently.

"Logan, what you doing?" Lotte frowned.

"Nothing," Logan replied quickly. "Where D-Daddy go?"

"Home," Lotte shrugged.

"When he come back?"

"I don't know. I miss Mommy."

—————

"Hey. Mornin' sleepy head," Matt smiled softly.

"What time is it?" Catherine yawned.

"Three in the morning. The twins are with Josh."

Cath nodded. "Why are you still up?"

"Just thinkin'," Matt said with a thoughtful look.

"What about?"

"How far we've come."

Catherine nodded and sat up, leaning against the headboard of the bed. "I still remember our first date and how awkward you were," she chuckled.

"Awkward?!" Matt scoffed. "Me?"

"Yep," Catherine grinned, popping the p. "All you could say was 'wow' when I opened the door."

"Wow."

Cath kissed her husband's cheek. "I love you. Thank you for putting up with me. I know I'm so far from perfect, so far from what you deserve."

"Not true!" Matt exclaimed.

Catherine scoffed weakly. "Yeah, right."

"I love you, Cath. More than anything," Matt smiled.

"I love you too, Matt," Catherine grinned. "You're my world...Maybe once I'm better we can do something, just the two of us."

"Why wait?" Matt chuckled.

"Because it's Paris at three in the morning. There's nothing to do," Cath shrugged.

"Paris at three in the morning means there's everything to do. Come on, get dressed."

"Okay," Catherine chuckled. "Where are we going?"

"Just someplace."

Catherine laughed quietly and pulled on a pair of jeans and a fresh t-shirt. "Ready?"

"Ready," Matt grinned. "Follow me?"

"Alright," Catherine smiled, taking his hand.

—————