Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen: The Big News ; Her Tears

*Breaking News

The Korean girl group TWICE, once again proved that they are worthy of the title Global's top Korean girl group after releasing their new comeback album Finally a Star with their title track Dreamer.

After almost six months after TWICE last comeback after their youngest member went on hiatus though she participated in the music video because it was filmed long before the comeback but was not able to join the promotions since she was already in hiatus, and they are now finally back on the field with a loud bang, breaking records like they always do.

TWICE is now confirmed to be the fastest viewing girl group in YouTube when their new music video with their title track Dreamin' reached 93.8 million views in twenty four hours. That surprised all K-pop netizens, although the entire music video was deducted by 15 million views by YouTube upon the first 10 hours after its release, the girl group was still able to gain a huge number of views on their MV.

Also their title track placed number one in all music platform in Korea garnering a perfect all kill, and top one also in Japan and Taiwan... It debuted number 2 in Myx Philippines, New York, Singapore and Beijing and 18 other countries, while number 1 in Thailand, Hong Kong, Chicago and Los Angeles and 25 other countries. Number one in world iTunes and in 43 countries. It also debuted top 1 in Billboard Hot 100 and Billboard Hot 200 in America as well as in Korea and Japan.

Their album already sold 3.7 million copies in Gaon charts while 957 thousand copies and still counting in Hanteo charts on the first day. Oricon charts have reported 1.3 million copies sold in Japan and is requesting for more copies due to public demand. Suppliers are requesting for more copies because they will probably run sold out if the demand gets higher. Netizens are speculating that the huge digital sales of TWICE was a collaboration of the nation's girl group power and ARMYs upon knowing that BTS' Suga produced the album.

Meanwhile TWICE is invited to perform at Good Morning America and in some famous variety and celebrity shows in America after topping the Billboard without making any US debut. Fans and even non-fans are curious on how will JYP reacts to this matter. TWICE attended Music Core today in the afternoon and claimed their first music show win and was spotted at Incheon International Airport earlier this evening.

Fans are speculating that they will be flying to America to grant the American peoples' request. What are your thoughts about this? Click the like and comment below for your thoughts.

C h o u  T z u y u

"Yah, we are trending in Twitter and Instagram!" Nayeon unnie said while showing her phone to us. We are currently on a private plane heading to America for our schedule there. JYP Pdnim advices us to leave our Korean promotion for our American promotion there.

"We know that unnie, there was really a great change in our schedule after a lot of invitation from America. I hope ONCEs will not be disappointed that we can't attend music shows." Chaeyoung unnie said while browsing her phone.

"They will understand though... Aish English is very hard!" Sana unnie said while throwing the dictionary she was holding along with the paper containing basic greetings and phrases in English that made us all laugh.

"You are in your second year of studying literature but you haven't learned English yet?" Jeongyeon unnie said while holding her stomach because of laughter.

“English is hard though, I can ask someone from our staff to translate thing for us if things got harder… Are you not learning what you are going to say during our interview in America Tzuyu?” Jihyo unnie said as she turned to me while reading pieces of papers in her hand.

“No unnie, besides I already know how to speak English after of months staying in Canada. I will be the official translator of the group if you want so our staff can take a rest…” I volunteered so that we won’t have to bother someone anymore unlike our previous tours that we had to hire translators even I can speak English a bit.

“You are a savior maknae, good thing we have the maknae line who are good at speaking English that will cover us up on hard times…” Momo unnie said while smiling at me, Mina unnie, Dahyun unnie and Chaeyoung unnie as we all gave a sigh to the comment of our main dancer unnie, actually Momo unnie is good at speaking in English too but she is just lazy sometimes.

“How about we just take some rest unnies? It is still a long way there…” Chaeyoung unnie said as Dahyun unnie gave a thumbs up to her. “Yes, I like that idea, let’s do that!” Dahyun unnie said that made us all chuckle.

“Fine, let’s just take a rest just as this two had suggested. Well except for those unnies who are still learning their English, let’s just leave the alone as they learn so that they won’t have to ask us translate…” Mina unnie savagely said that made me burst into laughter as the unnies all complained while we maknaes decided not to mind them anymore and go to sleep without minding the frustrated rants of our unnies around.

I woke up when I felt someone was shaking me from my seat, it was Sana unnie who was trying to wake me up. “Thanks God you are awake, we had landed like five minutes ago!” Sana unnie said as I get up on my seat, I thanked Sana unnie for waking me up before I gather my stuff before getting off of the plane along with the others as our manager was orienting us about our schedules for the succeeding days. I noticed that it was late nighttime when we had arrived there, talking about the sixteen-hour flight.

“So I was saying, you have the rest of the night and day tomorrow to rest or go around the city before your guesting at the late-night show of James. JYP Pdnim will be flying here maybe tomorrow or the day after, so that he will be able to see you  in your Good Morning America guesting and interview in Ellen. Also a Coachcella invitation have arrived with some photoshoots and radio guesting. As usual the room sharing is the same in the hotel. That will be for now.” Our manager said while reading the notes on his phone.

“Is that all our schedule manager?” Jihyo unnie asked as we go through the swarm of people in the airport with the help of the guards around. Some were giving us gifts and greeting us, we never thought that we will be this popular in the US, so we didn’t use the private exit nor wear any mask on.

“As of now, you have many invitations in shows, interviews and photoshoots but JYP Pdnim hasn’t confirmed the others yet, so we have to wait for further instructions.” He said as we all nod our head as we finally had made it to the van that will take us to the hotel where we will stay.

“I had no idea that a lot of ONCE are waiting for us in the airport…” Momo unnie said as she last entered  the van with Sana unnie since they got crowded around earlier while because of their clumsiness. "Well we too actually, we never thought that they will always welcome us warmly here just like our first world tour and our touchdown here in America..." Jeongyeon unnie said as she opened the window of the van and waved at the fans outside.

While we did the same thing too before the van had finally started going. One thing I want is to enjoy our stay here for the mean time. After we passed the crowd of ONCEs while travelling peacefully at the high ways of America going to the hotel, the unnies were fast asleep and the others are resting while I stayed wide awake.

While looking at the window I accidentally saw one poster that made me look away diverting my sight to my phone in my lap. There were a lot of notifications but I choose not to open it. When I slider the screen, a tear escaped my eyes upon the sight of something that reminds me of the place so much.

A/N:
While I was writing this part, I came across the thought that what if this will happen... I had watch Twice grew and reached feats this past four years and for this I hope that 2020 will be a year for Twice. I wished for the members to be healthy and happy always.