Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten: Her Hiatus

C h o u  T z u y u

“Mom, Dad…” I said in a low voice when I saw the faces of the people who entered my room just right now. My unnies will be performing at the blue house for the guests of the president as well as my brother and his group. So, here I am alone in my hospital room feeling guilty that I didn’t make it to perform with my unnies.

“Tzuyu, my baby…” my mother said as soon as she gave me a hug, my father just shuffled my hair that made me frown a bit, but I gave him a weak smile and return my mother’s hug.

“Your brother already emailed us everything we need to know about your condition. We had already talk to your doctor, you can be discharged now, Min Si will get your discharge papers once he is done in the hotel, while Yoon Gi said he is on his way here. We will just have to wait for your brothers to accompany us to your label, so we could ask for your break.” Bàba said as soon as me and Māmā broke our hug.

“You mean, I will go on hiatus?” I asked my parents and they both gave me a nod. “We have a property somewhere in Canada, part of away and secluded from many people. You could stay there while you are on your break, we will have the best doctor of our hospital to take care of you in there.” Māmā said.

“I’m sorry Māmā, Bàba… If I had been more careful this would not probably happened.” I said while I held my head down because of guilt. “Hush, it’s not your fault. Just focus on getting better okay?” my dad told me as he caresses my back while my eyes started to water, so my mom hugged me again as dad tried to calm me down. But we were interrupted when two people went in the room.

“Māmā, Bàba, I got mei mei’s discharged papers ahia was able to process it before hand so I didn't have any difficulty, I had also met ahia on the way…” my brother Si said while waving the papers in his hand with Suga oppa on his back bringing some paper bags with him.

“I brought mei mei a change clothes, so she could change before we head to JYP Entertainent.” Suga oppa said as he and ahia Si gave our parents a kiss on the cheek like we what we are used to.

“Good… Can you get up in  that bed baby? Do I still need to assist you to change?” Māmā said while Suga oppa handed me the paper bags. “No need Māmā, I can manage.” I said as I slowly got up from the bed and made my way to the washroom. After changing my clothes, we immediately got out of the room since I don’t have a lot of things with me and went to the parking lot so we could go to JYP Entertainment.

The whole ride was silent, ahia Si, Māmā and Bàba was resting probably because of the long plane ride. Suga oppa was driving but, I know that he is also tired. I feel sorry towards them for causing them this trouble all of a sudden. I was just looking outside the window as we head to JYP.

After almost an hour of drive with a slight traffic, we finally arrived at our label. We immediately headed to the office of Pdnim. Suga oppa knocked on the door before entering. “Oh, what brings you all here?” Pdnim asked as soon as he saw my whole family, Pdnim knows that mi and Suga oppa are siblings by the way. Oppa told him before hand to avoid misinterpretations.

“We came here to ask permission to let our daughter have a seven months hiatus sir…” Bàba said direct to the point. “Why? What’s the matter with Tzuyu? Take a seat people, I am guessing that this will be a long talk.” Pdnim said as he pointed the seats in front of him.

“She needs a long break JYP Pdnim…”Suga oppa said. “I know Yoon Gi – ssi, but I need to know the reason why does Tzuyu needs a break. She is a K-pop group member and Twice popularity these days is really on the rise. Seven months is a very long break.” JYP Pdnim said that made me feel guilty towards my unnies, I am such a disappointment.

“She is…”

“She is suffering from an illness, she needs to be medicated in that span of time to fully heal herself. But she will be back after she is all better, our parents here will provide her the best doctors in the hospital that will help her with her recovery.” Suga oppa interrupted whatever Māmā was about to say.

“So, for the meantime we wanted to ask permission for her break. JYP Pdnim, give Twice a subunits collaboration but let them promote as a group while my sister is on hiatus just like what we will be doing once Jin hyung will have his military enlistment. My sister’s health is our priority here, if she won’t have enough break for self-healing, she will continue to pass out more often.” Suga oppa added like pleading.

“Fine, her health is more important, and it is our priority. I will announce her hiatus starting tomorrow. Tzuyu you can visit your members before your break if you wish too.” JYP Pdnim said that made me and oppa bow our heads. “Thank you very much Pdnim. I will visit them and say my goodbye for now. But I will be back once I am fine, I promise.” I said as I gave him another bow as a sign of thanks.

My parents, oppa and ahia talked about random stuff before they decided to go back to the hotel. Suga oppa will accompany me to our dorm after we drop our parents and ahia in the hotel where they are staying. We thanked Pdnim before going out of his office. Suga oppa will accompany me to our dorm after we drop our parents and ahia in the hotel where they are staying.
We waved them goodbye after dropping them off the hotel where they check in, while me and Suga oppa drived to our dorm.

He let me rest while on the way because it will be another long ride, but I decided not to. “Oppa, komawo…” I said as I look at him after staring outside the window. “For what?” he said as he maneuvered the steering wheel while looking at the road. “For protecting me, for being in my side.” I said.

“It is my duty as your brother, so don’t stress yourself and take your time to rest okay? I am going to drop you off your dorm so you could spend time with them… Mama will arrange a flight for you to Canada with them, right? Some of the doctors from our hospital will be there to attend you maybe as well as Mama, so do not mind other things and fucos on yourself. I will pick you up tomorrow in your dorm so you could stay with our parents.” He replied as he parked his car in front of the building were our dorm is located.

“Aren’t you gonna drop by and say hi to unnie? You almost fight because of me…” I asked him before going out of his car. “Just send my regards to her, we will meet frequently anyway. JYP Pdnim just accepted my proposal of collaboration with her, probably to divert the public from you hiatus.”

“Good for you then… Bye oppa, see you tomorrow?” I said as finally get out of his car. “See you tomorrow sis…” he said as he waves his hand before I closed the door, I gave him a wave too before he pulled out to the streets of Seoul. When he disappeared in my sight, I started to take my step into the building.