Chapter 43: The Message

*Hey guys I hope you enjoy the last chapter. I will be posting the sequel to this book tomorrow morning. Enjoy and please vote!*

----------------------------------

After leaving the dining hall, I walked out to the courtyard. My men stood there waiting for me but without Bellamy.

"Where is he?" I asked them confused.
He pointed to a nearby building.
"That's the guest hall. He is in there waiting for you." Devan told me.

Nodding I walked over and opened the door.
"Bell?" I called out as I entered and shut the door behind me.

The dark hall was one large room filled with beds I could barely see, lining the walls.

"I didn't do it." I turned quickly to my left. I could barely make out his figure on a dark bed in the shadowy corner to my left.

"I believe you." I told him as I made my way over.

I sat next to him on the bed.
"I am sorry my men took you like that but I needed to get you out of there." He nodded.
"I understand. Ren was pretty cool. The twins sort of freak me out though." I smiled but then paused.

"You liked Ren?" I asked him, getting an idea. I'm tired of losing people that patter to me. No matter how bad he hurt me before I still have strong feeling towards him and want him safe. Bellamy nodded and shrugged.

"He's pretty cool and not too intimidating like the six foot tall guard that sticks to your side." I laughed while nodding.
"That is true." I told him standing up.

He gave me a confused look as I grabbed his hand and pulled him up too.
"Where are we going?" He asked confused.

"To make sure today doesn't happen again." I said cryptically as we walked outside to the men.

"Ren." I said from a far. He stepped forward nodding.
"We only met today and you all have already proven your loyalty." They nodded as I turned my attention back to Ren.

"Ren, I am giving you your first assignment." He kneeled.
"Whatever you ask of me, your highness." He said bowing his head.
"Firstly I need you to stand because I know the snow is cold and wet." We all laughed as Ren nodded and stood up.

"Secondly, your assignment is to guard Bellamy." He gave me a confused look but didn't dare question it out loud which made me smile.

"This man cannot be taken or killed." I told them.

"This isn't needed-" I cut Bellamy off.
"Yes it is for my peace of mind."

"Would I be leaving your royal guard?" Ren asksd curiously.
I shook my head.

"You would just protect him as you would me. He is special and therefore must be guarded as well."

"I understand the assignment, Heda. Why me..is what I don't understand?" I nodded to Ren who was busy exchanging glances with the twins, Ivan, and Devan.

"Bellamy has taken a liking to you more than Devan." The boys chuckled.
"Will you do this for me Ren?" He nodded.

"If we are your shield....then he is your sword. I understand princess heda. I will protect him with my life." He said nodding to Bellamy.

When Bellamy nodded back accepting Ren, it was like a weight was lifted off of my chest.

"You know that means I'm just going to stay near you more? That way you can have all of your guards still. You need protection Serafina." Bellamy gave me a stern look.

"I like him. He can stay." We looked to Borom and Thorom who were nodding in agreement with each other.

"He passed the twin test?" Devan asked sarcastically. They both nodded.