Chapter 32: Lexa

We had been walking for half of the day talking to pass the time. I watched the tree's in hope for my stormy eyes.

"Do you think we can expect retaliation for the grounder village?" A guard asked glancing to me.
The others looked in our direction.

"Not if I can stop it." I reassured them.
Abby scoffed before she spoke.
"What exactly can you do that we haven't already done?"

I looked forward away from everyone remembering the feeling of metal on my skin.

"I would make a deal with them." I told her as I looked her direction. I made sure my response was short and brief.

-Markus Kane's POV- (Surprise!)

I gasped for breath in frustration and exhaustion.

"Kane. Stop. If they wanted to kill us they would have done it already." Jaha spoke to me as he sat to my left.

I stopped trying to take the metal ankle clasp off that chained me my bare foot to a wall next to Thelonious.

"Two days with out food or water." I told him.

He scoffed. "Come on. How many times on the ark did we go two days without water?"
"This? This is not how our story ends Marcus. We wind up in the same train station on the ground...just to die in it. We still got work to do." He told me fiddling with a small stick.

I breathed out in disbelief before speaking.
"How can you be so sure?"

He glanced to the ground once.
"My son told me."

We sat in silence for a few minutes before the sound of our cell door opening got our attention making me stand up.

One large male guard, stepped into our cell followed by two more with masks on their faces.

They exchanged looks before the one who opened the cell door motioned to the two masked men toward Thelonious.

I watched as the guards walked over and held him against the wall on the ground as they took turns punching him. The man in charge watched my reaction.

"Stop!" I told him holding my hands out.
"We came in peace. Please?!" I pleaded with him.

I turned looking to Jaha.
They were standing him up with his hands behind his back the two guards on either side of him.

Jaha took some deep breaths glancing from me to behind the man in charge.

The man looked over his shoulder. A young woman stepped forward into view. She looked from him to the ground holding a pot and dragging her foot behind her as she went to the side wall.

"You speak of peace as you send an assassin into one of my villages." The large man told me.

I grew confused.
"What are you talking about?" I asked him stepping forward.
He looked from me to Jaha as he spoke.
"Blood must have blood." He told us before pulling out a knife from his belt.

He pointed the knife toward us.
"One of you, will die. Here. Today. By the others hand. I will hear the terms of your surrender from the man who lives." He threw the knife on the floor between us before looking to the woman.

"Fetch osir when em ste odon." He told her as all three men left.
(Fetch us when it is done.)

Jaha and I looked at the young woman before both looking down to the knife between us then at each other.

Jaha sighed sitting down against the wall. I sat down rubbing my ankle against the metal clasp looking at the knife.

"They want us to turn on each other." He said. I didn't look to him.
"They want justice." We both looked to the young woman that sat leaning on the side wall but facing away from the back wall where we were.