Chapter 24: Play The Game

When dinner was finally over Dante, Cage, and I all stood.
Dante turned to the right in our direction.

"May I speak to you in my office sometime tomorrow morning Princess? I have a few concerns that I would like to go over with you." I nodded and taking my leave.

'In other words you want to discuss about Cage and I for a future marriage. I don't think so. Gian has to be alive still...I have to hold onto hope.' I thought to myself as I nodded to everyone.

They all got up and we walked to the stairs as we all wouldn't fit in the elevator.

Once reaching the dorm we all filed in. I shut the door behind us as everyone gathered to sit down or lean on a wall. Clarke stood to my left.

"We all know that we agreed to take a vote for if we stay or not..." I started watching their expressions cautiously.

"Clarke I know stands in the same position she did last time. You can tell by looking at her." I said glancing to Clarke's crossed arms and scrunched eyebrows. Chuckles ran throughout the room.

I continued once they all got quiet again.
"Those who feel that they will be safe here and want to stay...stand."

Clarke and I watched as Jasper and rest of the room stood. I nodded glancing at Clarke who shook her head silently.

"Those who want to leave and do not trust the people of Mount Weather...stand." I looked at Clarke who looked around as only she stood up alone.

I sighed nodding to Clarke as she sat down.

"Miller...Monty..and Jasper." I called their names as they each stood up.

"You are now stepping in as the leaders of this dorm and everyone in it." They looked at me confused and worried.

I glanced at Clarke who was watching me with a small smile.
"I will not let one of us go out there on their own. You all are safer in a group. So I will be leaving with Clarke."

Chaos broke out. Everyone was talking at once, some were sitting there in shock, and others were looking from Clarke to me.

"You can't leave!" Monty yelled to me.

"We need you." Miller said nodding his head in agreement with Monty.
"What if you get hurt and don't come back?" Jasper asked me upset.

I held up my hand until they went quiet.
"If something goes wrong.." I paused watching them.
"Then you all play the game. You go along with their motives to keep each other safe. If something happens and you can no longer hold out, you find a way to contact the outside. I trust Monty can help with that." I told them nodding.

"What if that doesn't work?" Monty asked me from his bed nervously.
I sighed looking at Clarke then back to him.

"Then you fight. Fight together. You all can do it. I've seen it at camp. If you have no options left then you stand up and fight back as hard and as long as you can. I promise you all now.
Nothing will stop me from getting in here to save you, should you even need it." I looked at each of their faces in silence. I remembered each one until I landed on Jasper, who looked angry.

"What is wrong Jasper?" I asked in a calm tone.
He huffed standing up and looking around the room at everyone.

"I don't understand why you guys just can't believe that we are safe in here! They have been so nice and you are close to the President. I don't know why you would want to leave." He shook his head looking to Clarke and I.

"Jasper...I understand you like Maya but I don't trust her or these people." Clarke spoke up.

I sighed. "If I stay here.." Everyone looked at me.
"If I stay here then President Wallace will have me be with and probably marry his son." I said upset and uncomfortable.

Everyone exchanged looks before Monty and Miller sighed nodding to one another.

I scrunched my eyebrows together.
"What is it?" Miller stood up.

"We all know that you are upset about Bellamy's and that grounders possible death still-" "Gian." I cut him off.

"His name is Gian and he is alive." Miller continued.

"You cry in your sleep sometimes and then there is the nightmares, you zone out when we all are bonding, and you have a small fake smile on your face when you leave the dorm. We just think that maybe you should." I looked at everyone in the room.

"This is how you felt? Nobody ever spoke up in the past three days?" I asked them upset and worked up as I rubbed my right arm up and down anxiously.
They nodded glancing at each other.

"We just think maybe you should stay here and be happy. You need to enjoy yourself Serafina. Maybe Cage can do that..." Monty told me worried.

I looked to Clarke who shook her head at me.

"Sera...you need to move on. Bellamy and Gian might be gone now. You are in charge. Bellamy put you through hell and Gian I'm sure made you happy but you need to move on." He ranted standing up motioning to my face.
I knew I had some circles under my eyes. I hadn't been able to sleep lately and when I do it's for a few hours at most.

I moved to sit down on the bed feeling unsure of my emotions.

"Just because your our princess and you worry about everyone else, doesn't mean that you can't be happy." Jasper walked over to me crouched down infront of me. He had a worried look in his eyes. He's worried about me?

My breath caught in my throat as Jasper said this.

My eyes closed as I took a deep breath tuning everyone out. I sat there silently listening to Bellamys calming voice in my head. It was as if he was right here.

"Just because you are a princess doesn't mean you can't be happy."

A tear rolled down my cheek.

"You will be safe. Because we have people to lead and I need your help with that.'

"I care about you."

But Gian's voice overlapped echoing as if he was right here.
"I'm so proud of you."

"I can't wait to make you mine."

"Stay careful little princess. I will be watching."

My eyes fluttered open and I looked to Jasper with tears now running down my face.

I took a deep breath before trying to speak.

"I-I want him back." I whispered to him.

He nodded pulling me up so I was standing. He wrapped his arms around me.

"You love him Sera." He whispered into my ear. I nodded my head.
"I need to know Gian's alive Jasp. I need to do this." I whispered back.

He nodded and sighed pulling away from the hug. He kept his hands on my upper arms.
"You have to promise to come back if you don't find him. You have to be safe and stay alive...we need you Sera." He pleaded to me.

I glanced over to Monty and the others who looked heartbroken, scared, and all together upset.

I looked to Clarke who nodded before I rested my eyes on Jasper.

"I promise. Promise me you will stay safe?" I questioned looking from Jasper to everyone else.
The all nodded silently as I looked back to Jasper.

"We promise." He whispered back giving me a tight smile.