Chapter 5: The Secret

Life can throw you for a loop sometimes. Sitting here listening to Jaspers screams in the middle of the night-while I lay on Bellamys bed and he lays on the floor-is making me question the state of my sanity.

I left the Ark to come down to earth. Exchanged my mothers teachings for grounders and the wilderness.

What kind of a princess am I? Am I even a princess anymore? There won't be an ark soon. Does it even matter who I am if I can't keep everyone safe?

I sighed knowing what I had to do and got up from Bellamys bed. Leaving his tent I walked into the forest toward the river.

Grabbing a few of the purple flowers from before called sumac. I gathered a good handful before heading to my tent.

Grabbing the small amount of water I had left I added the now crushed up flowers. Mixing then together I start to take it to the drop ship going up to the second level. Everyone is trying to sleep around the floor of the drop ship but with the sounds from Jasper they all kept complaining. 

I hold the bottle to Jaspers lips quietly.
"Drink Jasper. Slowly. That's it. Drink." I whispered to him.

When the sumac water was all gone and Jasper stopped making noise I heard someone coming up the ladder.
"What did you do to him?!" Monty yelled frantically looking between Jasper and I.

I shook my head. "Its okay he's only sleeping." I told him motioning to the bottle with bits of sumac in it still. He took it from me then studied it confused.

"Medicine?" He whispered. I nodded in reply.
"I worked the problem. When it runs out we need water for it to work again." I told him.

I hope Bellamy helps.

I motioned for Monty to keep using it before going down the ladder. Murphy barged in frustrated glancing toward the ladder I had just came from then back to me.

"Why won't you tell him?" He asked me angrily.

I tilted my head in confusion.
'Why does he care? Who told him?'

"Murphy its non of your buisness." I went to walk around him but he grabbed my arm tightly. Very tightly. I couldn't rip away.

"You don't tell Bellamy, I will." He threatened in a whisper leaning toward my ear.
I nodded once.

"Okay. I will just...let me go Murphy." I told him. When he did reluctantly I quickly walked out toward the fire hoping to avoid him the rest of the night.

Taking off my long sleeved over shirt so I was in my tank top. A large bruise from Murphys hand was wrapped around my upper right arm.

I sighed putting the long sleeve back on in order to hide it from everyone.

I sat there looking at the fire before I remembered we have metal and fire. Cups. Thats how we could collect water. Metal cups. We have sheet metal.

Hopefully when everyone wakes up we can do that tomorrow and find a way to transport said water.

'How did Murphy know?' The thought entered my head again.

I stood and approached the drop ship. Murphy was sitting in a nearby corner.

I crossed my arms. "How did you find out who I am?" I questioned him.
He smirked. "No one told me...if that's what your asking." I frowned rushing out to Bellamys tent.

Entering I gof down on my knee's pushing stuff around and searching jnder the bed.
My bag. It was gone. I loudly continued to search the tent waking up Bellamy.