Chapter 10:Hopeless Rescue

I was being dragged though the forest. At one point I didn't stop screaming so Murphy hit my in the head and knocked me out. Now I have a cut on the top right corner of my head and its bleeding.

I sighed as my feet got stuck on a root and Murphy started to yell in my ear again. "Come on out Charlotte!"
I heard a rustle of leaves as I groaned from Murphys grip on my arm when he pulled me up. Great another bruise.

Murphy and his boys turned that way looking with their torches. Bunch of idiots I swear.

"Run." I heard a voice growl. I didn't need to look nor did I need to hear anything else before I took off as Gian directed.

Not knowing which direction I was going I started to look around and found a good tree to hide in. Easy to climb I got two branches up before I sat silently.

I sat there trying to catch my breath.
"Don't move." I froze. "Someone is under us." How did I not hear him behind me?!

I looked down and saw Bellamy. He was creeping around in the dark.

I nodded before looking straight forward again.
After a few seconds, Bellamy ran off in the direction of a scream that could've only been Charlotte.

I closed my eyes.
"Get out of the tree, precious one. Before you pass out." He said softly. I slowly climbed my way down before leaning against the tree trunk and sighing in relief.

He jumped down right in front of me.
He grabbed my chin with his hand rotating my head slightly to look at the cut.

"You will be okay." He told me in a low voice as I glanced at the shadows of the torches getting closer.

I nodded making eye contact with him.
"Did you hurt them?" I whispered. He shook his head with a smirk.
"No. Just scared the living hell out of them." I smiled before nodding slightly.

"I wouldn't let them keep you. You had to know someone would see you?" He asked confused.

I looked down shrugging.
"I prayed someone would. I knew you would come for me eventually...at least I hoped you would. Then they knocked me out and I didn't know when I woke up if anyone was there." He nodded grunting. "Had to wait until the right moment. Multiple angles to attack from. I'm sorry you were hurt." He said looking softly at me. I nodded.

"It's okay Gian. You still saved me anyway." I told him with a smile. He nodded looking in another direction.

"Be careful. I do not trust them." I sighed. "I do not sometimes either. But I know I trust you. Especially with my life." I said jokingly.

He nodded picking me up bridal style while I squealed in surprise throwing my arms around his neck.
"Gian! What are you doing?" I asked him confused.

He shook his head smirking at me.
"You didn't notice your hurt ankle?" He asked me. I looked down seeing it bruising and felt a sharp pain.
'How did I not feel that?'

He walked me the whole way to the camp before we stopped at the wall. I looked to Conner.

"Get Octavia." He nodded running off.
I looked to Gian as he set me down.
"Go. They must not see you here." He smirked. "Embarrassed of me?" I shook my head laughing.

"More like I need you to stay alive." He smiled nodding his head before leaning down and patting the top of my head causing my eyes to flutter closed in confusion.
"Stay careful little princess. I will be watching." When I opened my eyes he was gone. I smiled a little and shook my head.

I turned and limped my way to the gate just as Conner opened it with a worried Octavia. Before she could speak a loud sound echoed like the sky had cracked open.
We looked up. A small drop ship was entering the atmosphere.