Chapter 7: Lies

There is no writing on the sword but her name.

-Serafina's POV-

Last night I had my eyes opened.
After I had made it back to camp all I did was sit there on the bed.

Why are we not talking about peace with the grounders? Is that something I could do? We built a wall and Jasper was speared. Acid fog killed Atom, Trina, and Pascal. I was told about those two when I got back.

I sighed. 'I'm not doing enough.'
I thought.

We needed weapons and rules. Maybe if I talked to Anya I could find a way for a trade or maybe there was a way to make peace.

I stood up mentally making a list as I walked to the drop ship.

I needed weapons, traps, and something of trade value.

As I was walking to the drop ship I saw everyone building the wall. Everyone but Bellamy and the girl from earlier. I shook the thought from my head.

I instructed a total of five men to go and set traps out around the walls everywhere but the main entrance for animals.

As they left to do so I continued on my way to the drop ship. Grabbing one of the last sheet metal I took that and what was left of the leather jacket from before and headed to the spring.

I was going to make myself a sword. A nice one. I took more time with it than I did with the commanders. Mine was thinner and lightweight by using only half of my sheet metal. With no handle I wrapped the leather strips around the bottom of the new sword.

With some of the thin wire in my bag I made a sheath for the sword wrapping it around my waist on my left side. So I could pull it out right handed.

Finally I used the rest of the sheet metal to make two more knives that I stuck in my bag for another time.

After adding more wood to the fire I realized I would need a gift of peace for the grounders. Taking out one of the knives I made I sharpened it and cleaned it up before heating it again. Taking my good knife I wrote the word Trikru into the hot metal.

Before dipping it into the water. This knife would be my gift for peace to the commander.
Not wanting anyone to just take my sword I wrote Sera. Claiming the sword as mine.

"What are doing so far from camp?" I turned and glanced at Bellamy before dipping my sword in the spring.

"I'm making weapons." I told him in a low voice not wanting fo be upset with him.

He was dressed in pants, boots, and a muscle shirt that made his arms look big. His hair was messy but cute. He was in something different from earlier.

He walked over to me and sat down. Looking over the weapons.
"You couldn't do this at camp?" He asked sounding a little upset. I didn't listen to him.

I shook my head back and forth.
"Its quiet out here. I like it better. I'm alone." I told him standing up and putting out the fire.

"You shouldn't be out here alone. Next time at least come and tell me. I could come with you." He tried to reason. I shook my head a little.

"Bellamy I came out here to think. I will stay in camp or let you know when I go out." I told him while collecting my bag and strapping on my sword and knives.

I walked into the darkness of the forest. Of course then I could hear him rush to walk beside me.

"Did I do something?" He asked confused.

I wanted to mumble 'not something' but I held it in.
Instead I shook my head.

"You sure. You called me Bellamy. Not Bell." I stopped walking and turned to him.