Chapter 28: Home

"Oh my god!" She screamed hobbling over to me. I stood up giving her a hug.
"We thought you were all taken or dead." She whispered. I nodded into her shoulder.

"All 49 of us thought the same about the rest of you." I said pulling away.
Her face went shocked.

"49?" I nodded but looked to the blonde lady.

"I do believe if I remember correctly...this means that you and macho of there are my new personal guards for a week each." I told her crossing my arms.

She glanced from me to Raven.
"You are confirming this is Princess Serafina Kane? Daughter to Chancellor Marcus Kane?" My jaw dropped.

"My dads the Chancellor? What about Jaha?" I turned to Raven.

"I'll update you later." She turned back to the blonde lady.

"Yes this is her. I suggest that you bow now." She told them crossing her arms with a smirk. She was messing with them.

They all bowed and apologized.
I nodded as if I was sufficed.
"You may rise." Raven choked on a laugh but cleared her throat instead.

"And now...you may also leave." I told all three of them. They exchanged looks but did as told none the less.

I turned to Raven and we both started laughing together.
She may have slept with him but I think after everything we went through lately, I could learn to forgive.

"You look like a mess." She smiled looking at me and nodding her head.

I smiled a little. "We were trapped in Mount Weather. Escaped. Walked for 24 hours straight." She nodded and we started to slowly walk out of the cell turning right as I grabbed my bag.

"We should get you to Abby." Raven nodded while thinking out loud.

"That sound nice." I told her. She smiled at me.

After another few minutes we reached the medical room.

I looked around seeing six beds and Abby wrapping Clarke's arm while she was passed out.

"Is she okay?" I spoke from the doorway with Raven at my side.

Abby looked over her shoulder. "She's fine." She said. I nodded.
"Good cause considering what we went through to get here... I'm surprised she got only that."

Abby turned to me walking over.
"We can discuss that later. Are you hurt?" As she asked this question I could feel the irritation on my back and throbbing on my jaw.

"Other than my jaw and back, no." Abby nodded to a bed and went to get some stuff.

I took off the jacket from my waist putting it on the bed next to me then I set my bag on the floor by my feet.

"What's wrong with your back?" Abby asked just as I took off my shirt. I had a sports bra on underneath but it still irritates the hell out of my skin.

I faced away from Abby, the doorway, and Raven.
I heard them gasp and walk closer.
"When the hell did you get these? They look like the one's Bellamy gave to the grounder." Raven asked me.

"Did the grounders do this to you?" I looked over my shoulder.
"Abby I need you to clean them and bandage them please?" I asked her softly before looking foreward.

"I need to know what it was made with before I can-"
"It was a seatbelt with the metal buckle at the end." I told her.

"How many?" Abby asked as she started to wipe down my back with a cold rag.

"12...and then 16..in total it was 28." I told her remembering.

"Why?" I shook my head.
"It doesn't matter now. It was all for nothing." I whispered looking to the grey wall.

I flinched as Abby put healing cream directly on one of the buckle marks.
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I shook my head.

"Abby don't apologize just get it done. The pain was expected." I told her.

I felt her pause before she continued going over each and every mark on my skin.

"It will scar. They are deep. Some barely cut into the skin but most of them went deep." She said.

"The one on my shoulder Abby...be careful with that one. It hit bone." I whispered. I felt her hand go to that one mark and gently apply the cream. Having to go inside I felt her fingers in my skin.

I clenched my hands.
"Okay." She said moving to another mark.

This went on for another five minutes because of how slow she was going while trying to be gentle.

"Your done." She said applying the last bandage.
"Any medicine?" She asked me. I shook my head.

"Save it for the others that might need it one day." She smiled before nodding.

I put my shirt back on and stood up. Putting on my jacket I turned to Abby picking up my bag.

"You need to let Clarke sleep as long as possible. She won't be happy but tell her I said so. She won't question you then." Abby grew confused.

"How would you having anything to do with it make her listen?" I raised and eyebrow.

"Abby you all are new. I know that. So, here's what your going to do. Tell Clarke I told her to rest even after she wakes up. When you say she is cleared then she can get up and moving." She still looked frustrated but nodded.

I looked to Raven who motioned to the door.
Together we walked around until we got to my old room.

"Its still here?" I looked at the door in confusion.
"Turns out your room was in the center of the Ark. No one has been in but your father. Everything should still be in there. Messy from the crash as you saw everything else but it should all still be there." I smiled at her.
"Thank you Raven." She nodded.
"We have running water so you can shower too." I was so grateful for that.

I nodded to her and opened the door before walking in.
Shutting the door behind me I looked over the room.

My clothes had been fixed but not in my usual order telling me my father had cleaned the room. There was no real damage.

I took off my jacket and bag before setting them on the bed. I walked to my closet and grabbed some cozy clothes to sleep in. I stood there for a moment looking over my closet.

Everything was dresses and sparkles. How the hell did I manage this?

Pushing the situation to the side I quickly showered and cleaned up before going to sleep thinking of dark stormy eyes and protective arms wrapped around me.