Chapter 4: The Hunt

Jasper had been brought back by the search party a couple of hours ago but he was in a lot of pain and I was starting to worry. I only knew that Clarke, Wells, and Finn had left camp to find some sort of red seaweed that was supposedly going to heal him.

Everyone had already started gathering stuff to make the wall but we needed materials more than anything else.

I asked some people to take a break from the wall and build a big fire in the center of the camp with two small ones on each side of the drop ship.

People also had nowhere to sleep so I had them use the parachutes as tents. Those who did not have a tent slept in the top level of the dropship as we used the lower level and middle for supplies and medicine.

I had made a medium-sized one for myself as well using a seat from the ship so I could use the seating as a mattress if I tear it off. I gathered wood with my knife and made a wooden bed off the floor with the seat fluff as the mattress. I put the blanket I found on, top of that and the extra grey jacket rolled up as my pillow.

After that, I grabbed another two seats from the drop ship and set a large square piece of metal on top of them both. That way I had a table in my tent. Using wire I secured it in place. Feeling good about it I consumed half of my water and food before deciding that wouldn't be enough for myself then thought about everyone else.

I sighed and left my tent that was away from everyone else on the opposite side of the drop ship where no one was camped at. My tent was hidden well on purpose. Walking through the camp people nodded at me here and there most had a look on their faces like they had remembered who I am.

As long as they got the wall built I was happy. I went over to Atom who Bellamy left in his place.
"Take over here. I am going out of camp for a hunt I will be back soon. Keep the wall going. No one gets hurt." Without waiting for his reply I left.

In my third year of earth skills Pike in a private lesson taught me to make a bow and arrows. I first made the bow using the wire and string from the dropship. The only hard part was finding feathers. I eventually found a couple of birds.

I was able to kill them with my knife so I had meat for camp and feathers. I was able to make around thirty or so arrows. Using leaves I weaved a long circular basket securing it with a seat belt. This held my arrows.

By this time I didn't have much time before I had to get back but I found two rabbits as well and four squirrels. With my six new catches and my two birds, I walked back into camp handing them to Atom who got to cooking all of them right away.

I made sure not to get a portion so everyone else could at least have some. They needed to eat. I sighed sitting down as the sun began to get lower in the sky.

Atom walked over to me holding out some meat. I shook my head motioning to a young girl who hadn't gotten any.
"The camp eats first. I don't eat until everyone else here does." I told him. He paused looking a little shocked and concerned before nodding and giving it to the girl. I got back up. They needed more food than this.

I went back out managing to find a boar and one more bird but that was it. Those in themselves were already hard to catch. I was lucky I paid attention to earth skills. The sun was too low. I gave the animals to Atom who again looked shocked. "Are you sure?" I nodded to the group of people by the tents.
"Everyone including you."

He sighed before skinning them and prepping them for cooking. Over the fire, he has the dead rabbits, the boar, and a bird. The others had already been distributed.

I shook my head walking to the drop ship. "Octavia," I called over to her.
She was sitting down resting her leg.
"Hungry?" I asked her. She nodded quickly. I smiled walking out and grabbing a piece of meat.